British Speedway Forum

Hahahaha LMFAO The Newcastle Speedway Supporters Group have posted on their Facebook group within the last hour the latest sites they have looked at which include Seaton Burn Gateshead and Wylam to name but a few...

Steve Park may be able to set up a link...

Wonder if they got my email today with my suggested sites on?

Regards 

THJ 

Oh... and there was a one on yesterday  apparently asking "how far would you travel to watch Speedway" FFS why does the Supporters Group assume everyone has Facebook....

Well I used to go to to all of the away meetings when I could so as long as it's not the moon (Or Sunderland) am in... and I reckon Tsunami, Ruff, Terrace Grumbler, ArsonFire, Pienpeesman and anyone else with a car would say the same...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy

4 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

The whole planning process is an absolute minefield (unless you can get buy in from local councillors and the local MP's) and more so for motor sports...

I remember a few years ago Nick Brown MP said he would do everything he could to help us move away from Brough Park into new facilities , if we needed it.

7 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Hahahaha LMFAO The Newcastle Speedway Supporters Group have posted on their Facebook group within the last hour the latest sites they have looked at which include Seaton Burn Gateshead and Wylam to name but a few...

Regards 

THJ 

https://www.facebook.com/nssg2020

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, StevePark said:

I remember a few years ago Nick Brown MP said he would do everything he could to help us move away from Brough Park into new facilities , if we needed it.

https://www.facebook.com/nssg2020

Good guy Nick Brown and I know him from way back in his council days and no pun intended he's as straight as the day is long... he is a politician who is true to his word and if he said he would help he would do just that... one of the very few...

On that Facebook thing Steve... I can't see the relevant post without logging in or creating an account and not that I would want to anyway but I can't at present due to my job...

It may work for others but I have just had it sent encrypted so I have now read both posts...

Still laughing...

Regards 

THJ 

By the way and just for information. . Not Everyone Is On Facebook.... and certainly not all of the demographic at this Speedway Club that's for sure...

Missed out word

8 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Good guy Nick Brown and I know him from way back in his council days and no pun intended he's as straight as the day is long... he is a politician who is true to his word and if he said he would help he would do just that... one of the very few...

On that Facebook thing Steve... I can't see the relevant post without logging in or creating an account and not that I would want to anyway but I can't at present due to my job...

It may work for others but I have just had it sent encrypted so I have now read both posts...

Still laughing...

Regards 

THJ 

Here it is Copied and Pasted:

Following a meeting with all management parties today, we would like to officially announce that we are now in the process of considering a number of potential sites in various locations including Seaton Burn, Gateshead and Wylam to name a few.
We are in positive talks with the land owners, aswell as the representatives of the Borough Councils that these sites are situated in.
Bearing this in mind, we are still welcoming and considering all available options for our new home so if you or any other supporters/friends/family own any land/smallholdings that you think would be suitable for our needs and would be willing to lease this land out on a long term basis, then please feel free to get in touch.
You can contact us via email at either:
Nssg@newcastle-speedway.co.uk
Info@newcastle-speedway.co.uk
Or drop us a message on Facebook!
We truly value your help and support at this time!

• Thanks 1

I guess Seaton Burn will be the remains of the Banks opencast that is just about done. It’s on Viscount Ridley’s land.

cramlington continues to expand and might be an excellent catchment area for new fans.

Edited by Chewbacca
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ 

Oh... and there was a one on yesterday  apparently asking "how far would you travel to watch Speedway" FFS why does the Supporters Group assume everyone has Facebook....

Well I used to go to to all of the away meetings when I could so as long as it's not the moon (Or Sunderland) am in... and I reckon Tsunami, Ruff, Terrace Grumbler, ArsonFire, Pienpeesman and anyone else with a car would say the same...

Regards 

THJ 

Only when I'm not joining your good self in the bar for post meeting refreshments 1 or a dozen then I may want to drive lol

• Haha 1

I would assume that any development for a new track would have more than just speedway to generate income, kart track, bowling alley etc. which would provide permanent employment on the site and satisfy the authorities need for a financial and employment gain and assist in the running costs of the speedway.

14 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I guess Seaton Burn will be the remains of the Banks opencast that is just about done. It’s on Viscount Ridley’s land.

cramlington continues to expand and might be an excellent catchment area for new fans.

If it belongs to Ridley it will be getting houses built on it for sure it's all he's about these days... however in my email to the club today I proposed a site in Cramlington between the Banks open cast site and Nelson industrial estate...

8 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Only when I'm not joining your good self in the bar for post meeting refreshments 1 or a dozen then I may want to drive lol

Your Dean can drive man ya not thinking reet...

Regards 

THJ 

42 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Here it is Copied and Pasted:

Following a meeting with all management parties today, we would like to officially announce that we are now in the process of considering a number of potential sites in various locations including Seaton Burn, Gateshead and Wylam to name a few.

The fantastic real ales (all 12 of them) at the Boathouse in Wylam, make it a no brainer where it should be. :cheers::drink: 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ 

Regards 

THJ 

Good evening THJ, 

We here at the Supporters Group would just like to assure you that we are totally aware that not everybody has access to Facebook, and we are also especially aware that our older generation of supporters will most likely not see any posts put on Facebook by ourselves or anyone else in management. 

This being said, however, Facebook still remains the quickest and easiest way to gain the opinions and thoughts of a majority number of supporters. This then helps us make decisions as a club, who have listened to what our supporters are thinking.

Surely this can only be a good thing, yes?

So while we are pleased that you are "still laughing now", if you could try and refrain from insinuating negativity in to our hard work and efforts to incorporate our supporters opinions, that would be very much appreciated. 

Many thanks. 

P. S we are yet to receive the email you previously mention in this thread this evening. Rest assured though, every effort will be made to access it at our earliest convenience. 

Regards, 

NSSG

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

If it belongs to Ridley it will be getting houses built on it for sure it's all he's about these days... however in my email to the club today I proposed a site in Cramlington between the Banks open cast site and Nelson industrial estate...

Your Dean can drive man ya not thinking reet...

Regards 

THJ 

Well he does but he also likes the smell & taste of sherbitnowadays ha

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, NSSG said:

Good evening THJ, 

We here at the Supporters Group would just like to assure you that we are totally aware that not everybody has access to Facebook, and we are also especially aware that our older generation of supporters will most likely not see any posts put on Facebook by ourselves or anyone else in management. 

This being said, however, Facebook still remains the quickest and easiest way to gain the opinions and thoughts of a majority number of supporters. This then helps us make decisions as a club, who have listened to what our supporters are thinking.

Surely this can only be a good thing, yes? NO!!!

So while we are pleased that you are "still laughing now", if you could try and refrain from insinuating negativity in to our hard work and efforts to incorporate our supporters opinions, that would be very much appreciated. 

Many thanks. 

P. S we are yet to receive the email you previously mention in this thread this evening. Rest assured though, every effort will be made to access it at our earliest convenience. 

Regards, 

NSSG

Oh get me the "Aloe Vera" av just been burned by the NSSG... aaarrrggghhhhh!!!

Honestly

If you posted information on the Newcastle Speedway Website first, which is where most people look and have free access to, and give them the gist of what's going on or tell them where on Facebook (with a link) they might be able to find your additional information... instead of wapping it on your little clique(y) group on Facebook then you wouldn't get posts on here which maybe are at cross purposes...

Information for the masses please... or you can do the "Secret Squirrel" routine aka like the last promotions "modus operandi" and leave people to find out what's going on through the rumor mill... your choice of course... yes?

By the way... most of your first paragraph is spot on but totally contradicts what you say you are trying to achieve... also in  the last line am I to assume you are part of the management? And can I ask when has anyone from the management run a supporters group... don't tell Mike Ashley or he will be putting Lee Charnley onto the Newcastle Supporters Trust Committee....

So after everything you state in the first paragraph on how no one has Facebook you tell us in the second one this is your best medium of contacting fans... Yes? Well who are you contacting then if no one is on Facebook... then you state it helps you make decisions as a club again this infers that you are part of the management or promotion so how can you make impartial decisions as a supposed supporters group if you are part of the management...

Then finally you state all your hard work is being undermined... what hard work? Typing up a post and sticking it on here or on Facebook... wow... hard work that like... ya must be knackered... one post yesterday and one today on Facebook and a post on here... Wow... should take a lie down...

Tell ya what a don't want to wear you out so when a get in the office tomorrow I will recall my email so you don't have to read that... I would hate to be responsible for you suffering occupational burnout syndrome...

And yes it's a thing according to the World Health Organization (WHO), "occupational burnout" is a syndrome resulting from chronic work-related stress, with symptoms characterized by "feelings of energy depletion or exhaustion; increased mental distance from one's job, or feelings of negativism or cynicism related to one's job; and reduced professional efficacy...

Sound familiar... Yes?... then ya doing to much hard work...

And yes still laughing my toggle off...

Regards 

THJ 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Is their not an area at the top end of Arcot Lane where they use for moto-x bikes and stuff?,,, sure it was all legal.

9 hours ago, NSSG said:

Good evening THJ, 

Regards, 

NSSG

Good Morning NSSG

As you previously mentioned last night that everything is hard work; therefore so as not to undermine your hard work and not give you to much to do please be advised I have recalled my email to save you the effort of clicking on it to access it or reading it which will give you more rest time before you start the real hard work of typing out another post to stick on Facebook... after all I thought my emailed suggestions were going to "The Management" or "The Promotion" not a Supporters Group as I was under the impression the request came from them rather than the NSSG...

However following your post last night you have spiked my interest and I would be grateful if you could find the time in your busy schedule to answer a few questions for me please...

First off if one wanted to become a member of the Newcastle Speedway Supporters Group (NSSG) how would one go about this? as I have not seen anything advertised anywhere (unless its on Facebook and as advised I am not on; nor can I have access to; that medium) and I was a former fully paid up member of the Newcastle Diamonds Fan Club both as a Junior and Full Member in the past...

So following on from that how much is membership of the NSSG and who do I need to contact to be a member?

When does the membership year run from and to; is it January to January or the regular speedway season?

Does the NSSG have a Charter? what are they trying to achieve? and what do they do with the funds they raise? and how do they raise funds? and how many current members do the NSSG have...

Who is the Chair Person of the NSSG? furthermore who is the Secretary and Treasurer of the group?

Are the NSSG a voluntary or non-profit-making organisation and do they follow good auditing practices? 

Do they have their accounts audited and do they make them available to members to see where the members monies are being used?

Is there a process for advising members as to where their monies are being spent? do the club promotion make requests to the NSSG for support?

Are any of the Promotion/Management involved in running the NSSG or are the NSSG fully independent of the Promotion/Management? 

What benefits do NSSG members get once they become a member?

Just a few questions I would be grateful for a response to before I consider becoming a member as you will appreciate having open and honest communication leads more quickly to a mutual understanding and respect for a difference in views, interests and needs. ... Simply put, being open and honest builds a sense of self-worth. It is about being moral, truthful to yourself and with others.

However stating all that I am not sure if I would want to be a member of something that had me as a member... something for me to consider I suppose... however if you could take some time out of your very busy schedule that you work very hard at and recognising your hard work I would be most humbly grateful if you could give me some answers to my questions...

Regards
THJ

Missed out word
  • Haha 5

Phew I must say that is this a competition to who can conduct the biggest paragraph between THJ & the NSSG as there's nee speedway at Newcastle or any other  venue ( league action that is ) this could well be the new norm lol !! At least it will be good reading come the winter... 

• Like 1