British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, pienpeesman said:

Phew I must say that is this a competition to who can conduct the biggest paragraph between THJ & the NSSG as there's nee speedway at Newcastle or any other  venue ( league action that is ) this could well be the new norm lol !! At least it will be good reading come the winter... 

He's like a bull terrier at times, once he gets a had of something, he doesn't wanna let go ;)

Nah, a think a get the gist of what THJ says, about being open and honest and tend to agree. But a think you need to be careful of what you tell folk, as by the time everyone adds a bit on, its ends up totally different. Some folk work openly with others and do well from it, but some might get easily offended, so maybe its about trying to get the right balance?

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 2

I thought the Seaton Burn site would be where the quad bike circuit is on the gay dogging road, which some may find convenient post meeting

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, ch958 said:

I thought the Seaton Burn site would be where the quad bike circuit is on the gay dogging road, which some may find convenient post meeting

Aye, Arcot Lane, that's it.

12 hours ago, NSSG said:

Good evening THJ, 

We here at the Supporters Group would just like to assure you that we are totally aware that not everybody has access to Facebook, and we are also especially aware that our older generation of supporters will most likely not see any posts put on Facebook by ourselves or anyone else in management. 

This being said, however, Facebook still remains the quickest and easiest way to gain the opinions and thoughts of a majority number of supporters. This then helps us make decisions as a club, who have listened to what our supporters are thinking.

Surely this can only be a good thing, yes?

So while we are pleased that you are "still laughing now", if you could try and refrain from insinuating negativity in to our hard work and efforts to incorporate our supporters opinions, that would be very much appreciated. 

Many thanks. 

P. S we are yet to receive the email you previously mention in this thread this evening. Rest assured though, every effort will be made to access it at our earliest convenience. 

Regards, 

NSSG

It has been said elsewhere that most supporters of speedway, in this country, are of the older generation.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

It has been said elsewhere that most supporters of speedway, in this country, are of the older generation.

We are not disputing this fact, but what we are trying to do is change it. And without change and introducing a younger demographic to the sport, I think we can all agree that speedway in this country is on borrowed time. 

And considering we now have over 1500 followers on our facebook group, I think it's safe to say that when we put a post out, it is actually reaching quite a lot of people. 

45 minutes ago, NSSG said:

We are not disputing this fact, but what we are trying to do is change it. And without change and introducing a younger demographic to the sport, I think we can all agree that speedway in this country is on borrowed time. 

And considering we now have over 1500 followers on our facebook group, I think it's safe to say that when we put a post out, it is actually reaching quite a lot of people. 

Does this NSSG gain much/any interest from this forum?

Am not one for techno-wizardry, but would it take much to post general releases simultaneously, like website, Facebook and the forum,,, it's all just copy and paste stuff isn't it?

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, NSSG said:

So where are they all on a Speedway night... you get 1500 fans through the door and we are running in the Premiership rather than the Championship...

Oh and any further forward on me request for information?

Regards
THJ

2 hours ago, ch958 said:

...there's more Formby songs in there somewhere...A Farmer's Boy With my little ukelele in my hand On the Beat...Oh dear, mother  :oops: :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bear_Bottom said:

...there's more Formby songs in there somewhere...A Farmer's Boy With my little ukulele in my hand On the Beat...Oh dear, mother  :oops: :D

Aye but as ever it will turn out nice again won't it...

Regards
THJ

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

A think there's gonna be a lot of head scratching going on again this winter.

Why? You expecting an outbreak of Dickies? (head lice for the posher folk)

Regards
THJ

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Why? You expecting an outbreak of Dickies? (head lice for the posher folk)

Regards
THJ

Dickies are good, 'head lice' sounds more scary. ;)

• Haha 3

On 9/3/2020 at 11:14 AM, ruffdiamond said:

Aye, Arcot Lane, that's it.

I wouldn't admit to knowing that RD. :blink:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

it would certainly curtail certain activities having a load of speedway parking there. Just don't flash your brake lights or cough when you walk past somebody, or so I'm  told! The other thing is, if the visitors of Arcot Lane have a thing about men in leathers, the crowds might double

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Must have been along there hundreds of times Dave, sometimes 3 or 4 times a day.;)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Confused 1