British Speedway Forum

10 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Never say never as the guy running Northside has some great ideas and even more ambition (and all the shale off DP) it wouldn't take much to lay a another track at the back of the training track and run a National League team...

Regards 

THJ 

He certainly is ( Andrew ) doing a smashing job with the place.... despite having to put up local vandalism at times... It's looking very smart now well done to him for keeping it going

• Like 3

Fresh off Twitter... breaking news!!!

Joe Appleton has posted the followng 

NEWCASTLE owner Rob Grant has provided a fresh update on the club’s search for a new stadium site.

Meetings with local council next week.

A long-term lease necessary.

Plans to base structural ideas on tracks like Redcar and Scunthorpe.

So there ya go.a bit of good news for a change...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Big article in this week's Speedway Star.

Hmmm still awaiting my star!

And me, apparently Royal Mail only deliver when they want to these days

Apparently he's talking to Newcastle, Gateshead and North tyneside Councils about getting land on a long term lease, he knows the financial costs of it all, and says an out of town site is preferable due to the problems with noise. Rob Godfrey is advising him on things due to the success of scunthorpe stadium. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bruno said:

And me, apparently Royal Mail only deliver when they want to these days

Av been waiting 3 weeks now for a document that was sent 1st class and, when I spoke to the people, basically thats what they told me, its down to the Royal Mail. Funny tho, all me bills seem to get here on time!!! :angry:

I had a speeding fine come thru today, amazing that got to me ok. 46 in roadworks on the motorway 40 limit. My fault obviously but not happy. 1st one in 44 years on the road

5 minutes ago, bruno said:

I had a speeding fine come thru today, amazing that got to me ok. 46 in roadworks on the motorway 40 limit. My fault obviously but not happy. 1st one in 44 years on the road

Yeah, its amazing what will find it's way to you easily,  my document, (am still waiting for),,, is gonna get me some cash back, funny that?

2 hours ago, bruno said:

Bloody hell, I didn't know the coppers pinched you off-road.:o

• Haha 1

Good article in speedway star, seams like Rob grant got his head screwed on in what he wants, but the big problem is finding somewhere to bring these ideas through, then get planning permission which IMO will be very difficult as a lot of people won't want a speedway/motor sport arena near them, but good luck

• Like 1

18 hours ago, andys said:

Apparently he's talking to Newcastle, Gateshead and North tyneside Councils about getting land on a long term lease, he knows the financial costs of it all, and says an out of town site is preferable due to the problems with noise. Rob Godfrey is advising him on things due to the success of scunthorpe stadium. 

trouble is you have to go a long way from Newcastle town to find isolated areas. The thing about the Seimens land over the road is its just a few hundred yards from Brough so if you're getting disturbed by noise now, it'll be more or less the same.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ch958 said:

trouble is you have to go a long way from Newcastle town to find isolated areas. The thing about the Seimens land over the road is its just a few hundred yards from Brough so if you're getting disturbed by noise now, it'll be more or less the same.

and it's closer to the railway lines, so it'll be a bit noisy anyway. 

51 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

and it's closer to the railway lines, so it'll be a bit noisy anyway. 

Does anyone know the legislation for getting a new noise licence, if it was on a brown field site ie industrial would that help get one? 

6 minutes ago, andys said:

Does anyone know the legislation for getting a new noise licence, if it was on a brown field site ie industrial would that help get one? 

THJ will probably know someone or something,  but might get told off for posting stuff on here. ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1