British Speedway Forum

50 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Dunno about that Geoff I've been well looked after in Maryport...

Regards 

THJ

For years we spent out hols  up the road  on blue dial caravan site, went shopping im mport on the bus from allonby and as a treat my dad would borrow a car and do a chip shop run to a little shop on a side st with the mother sat making patties giving out orders to her family cooking and serving, i know the mame just cant spell it lol , qieckos??? But like alot of places it aint what it used to be :neutral:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, geoff100 said:

For years we spent out hols  up the road  on blue dial caravan site, went shopping im mport on the bus from allonby and as a treat my dad would borrow a car and do a chip shop run to a little shop on a side st with the mother sat making patties giving out orders to her family cooking and serving, i know the mame just cant spell it lol , qieckos??? But like alot of places it aint what it used to be :neutral:

Honestly 

Funny that as it's the second time in 24 hours ave heard a holliday anecdote about the spot... last night in a pub in Maryport one of the locals said to his girlfriend soon as this Covid carry on was finished "we'll gan LA lass soon as lock down is owa" so I said "That's nice taking ya girlfriend to America for a holiday have ya been before" he said "America? A was talkin aboot tekin a Lang Allonby Marra not fekin Los Angeles do ya think am med of money"  apparently it is a big deal to get a Twentymans Ice Cream... and that is a true story... Romance is alive and well in Cumbria like eh....

Regards 

THJ 

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly 

Funny that as it's the second time in 24 hours ave heard a holliday anecdote about the spot... last night in a pub in Maryport one of the locals said to his girlfriend soon as this Covid carry on was finished "we'll gan LA lass soon as lock down is owa" so I said "That's nice taking ya girlfriend to America for a holiday have ya been before" he said "America? A was talkin aboot tekin a Lang Allonby Marra not fekin Los Angeles do ya think am med of money"  apparently it is a big deal to get a Twentymans Ice Cream... and that is a true story... Romance is alive and well in Cumbria like eh....

Regards 

THJ 

Its the law u have to have a twentymans when u go to allonby,a bit like burger and chips at newcastle or pie and peas at redcar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Its the law u have to have a twentymans when u go to allonby,a bit like burger and chips at newcastle or pie and peas at redcar.

Only problem Geoff the ice cream has gone downhill and the ques have got bigger 

7 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly 

Regards 

THJ 

Av got very fond memories of wigton maryport aspatria & silloth when I worked over there in the 90's.. remember 1 hot night in silloth the farm I lived on at the time my landlady ( lovely women ) made me hot corned beef hash hotpot & I went out into silloth got a very cold bottle of broon supped it like pop & yes within minutes there was the hotpot outside on the deck ha which made extra room fir more cold broon... Fantastic days

Edited by pienpeesman
Spelling error
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

A wonder if the new announcement regarding crowds and sports will have any impact on the Diamonds search for a new venue?

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

A wonder if the new announcement regarding crowds and sports will have any impact on the Diamonds search for a new venue?

Why would it? 

Well if the new restrictions are going to be in place for maybe 6 months, that will take us until the end of March. Are we going to get a definitive answer on whether or not crowds will be allowed in before then? The situation regarding Brough may still be as it is now. 

• Like 1

i would think it'll be 2022 before any new venue could be up and running. At least you can pick yr shape - Scunny, Redcar, BV and see some good racing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Well if the new restrictions are going to be in place for maybe 6 months, that will take us until the end of March. Are we going to get a definitive answer on whether or not crowds will be allowed in before then? The situation regarding Brough may still be as it is now. 

Also how does it affect the winter work ( volunteers yes we still need more ) so it won't probably affect us anyhow as there's normally just 6 of the team turn up in them cold wet sundays

Edited by pienpeesman
Spelling errors

26 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Also how does it affect the winter work ( volunteers yrs we still need more ) so it won't probably affect us anyhow as there's normally just 6 of the team turn up in them cold wet sundays

2 meters apart of course

36 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Also how does it affect the winter work ( volunteers yes we still need more ) so it won't probably affect us anyhow as there's normally just 6 of the team turn up in them cold wet sundays

Well there shouldn't be much to do, as there was so much done last winter, maybe have to clear a few weeds like.;)

12 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

2 meters apart of course

Your never 2 metres away from the tea and biscuits. ;)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Your never 2 metres away from the tea and biscuits. ;)

Try the beer tent & I'll let you off... Never been a big biccy man but a pint man & now wa talking... 

Edited by pienpeesman
Spelling error
  • Haha 1

Well after just reading a post on facebook & people having a go about either joe or dan Thompson replacing Kyle bickley in the british final at Ipswich... Well i'm astounded to read the criticism of our young & up & coming talent for instance do people not realise whilst holding down full time jobs like Newcastle's Archie Freeman's dad paul drove and mechanicked for his son on Friday Edinburgh then sunday Scunthorpe then in Monday all the way down to Plymouth fir his boy to do the best he can is pretty fantastic I can say... But just remember you doubters in the future if it ain't for our young lions trying there best now we may not have speedway in 10 years or so time 

Edited by pienpeesman
Spelling errors
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1