British Speedway Forum

21 hours ago, Arson fire said:

Sad, very sad.. but not surprising!!
I walked away about 4/5 years ago after going for best part of 35 years home and away. Some on here called me worse than sh!te. Whenever i spoke up as a fan you were told how marvelous they are and how grateful we should be.. It was like the freemasons and a them and us set up, had various conversations with promoters and it was obvious the fans were taken for granted and i seen it with my own eyes!! Those that were in the clique were so far up each others ar5es yet were treat like royalty by most. “idiot the fans” was one promoters response to it being pointed out that it was freezing cold and kids were standing around still waiting for a meeting to start 25mins after it was meant to, the charging for the car park that is free at any other time at Brough also rankled, as did the freeloading through the pit gate for mates of the clique. They just expected the merry band of loyal fans to Comply..If they have sold a business and hidden debt from the buyer then the deserve everything they get.

Its sheer arrogance and incompetence... and dont even mention the control they wanted over the supporters club a few years ago!!

Good luck Rob, you will need it and it will be interesting to hear and see if the usual hangers on have the Bollox to comment? As they certainly had the bollox to defend them whenever i piped up in the past.

Rubbish. There were people like the Purvis's and Janet prepared to serve on the Supporters committee and ,in view of the pending cost of the Air Fence, it was time to restart the Supporters Club. Steve Brock asked me to attend the first meeting and chair the meeting to show them have to conduct a meeting. i stayed on for a few meetings, which was now attended by Malla, Gillian F, Ken Davies and Alan Pye, and I was asked if I would stay on, which eventually I agreed to. During the next three years we raised over £8k, and donated £4k to the air fence and were the biggest donators for the air fence. Malla and Jim will tell you there was NO interference by Alan or George, and in fact they turned up for one meeting together just to see us at work. I left after those three years, but unfortunately it didn't continue very long after that which was a great shame as we had worked well.  Since then Rachel has tried to get it running again with limited support.

Edited by Tsunami

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Bit surprised to see this. I told Geoge and Darryl  I intended to retire from Newspeed Ltd in 2003, and I actually gave all my controlling shares free to Daryll. It was me that suggested the new name with 2003 being added as I had read that Bournemouth FC 1964 ? had done it to carry over the goodwill with continued  smoother running. Since that time the club has been operating as Newspeed Ltd 2003. Why the original company was not wound up until 2010 puzzles me, as it would not have been trading after 2003. 

It was wound up and stopped trading in 2003 and the final winding up hearing didn't take place until 2010... and without delving into the thing fully it's not unusual for these things to take a long time to conclude... 

A company who owed me an awful lot of cash went pop on the 7th of November 2010 and their affairs weren't wound up until the 28th of January 2019... it's just the process...

Regards 

THJ 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

and donated £4k to the air fence and were the biggest donators for the air fence. Malla and Jim will tell you there was NO interference by Alan or George, and in fact they turned up for one

Dave I could argue that one mind  because I put more than that into the Air Fence fund and that's not including the junk I bought at Auction and Raffle nights... but never mind... and George was trying to manipulate things behind the scenes with his band of little secret (squirrel) service of sycophants and cronies...

Arson has some valid points IMHO...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Dave I could argue that one mind  because I put more than that into the Air Fence fund and that's not including the junk I bought at Auction and Raffle nights... but never mind... and George was trying to manipulate things behind the scenes with his band of little secret (squirrel) service of sycophants and cronies...

Arson has some valid points IMHO...

Regards 

THJ 

Maybe, but not about the Supporters Club, and Malla and Alan Pye would agree with me.

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Rubbish. There were people like the Purvis's and Janet prepared to serve on the Supporters committee and ,in view of the pending cost of the Air Fence, it was time to restart the Supporters Club. Steve Brock asked me to attend the first meeting and chair the meeting to show them have to conduct a meeting. i stayed on for a few meetings, which was now attended by Malla, Gillian F and Alan Pye, and I was asked if I would stay on, which eventually I agreed to. During the next three years we raised over £8k, and donated £4k to the air fence and were the biggest donators for the air fence. Malla and Jim will tell you there was NO interference by Alan or George, and in fact they turned up for one meeting together to see us at work. I left after those three years, but unfortunately it didn't continue very long after that which was a great shame as we had worked well.  Since then Rachel has tried to get it running again with limited support.

Half the committee must have been bullsh!tting me then?! I have no reason to believe what i heard and was told were outright lies put it that way...and Yes it was bordering on influence but some strong characters pushed it away!! I also never mentioned or suggested yours and there work was anything other than brilliant.. stop being so defensive for once man Dave.

Just now, Tsunami said:

Maybe, but not about the Supporters Club, and Malla and Alan Pye would agree with me.

So you chose to pick up on one paragraph of a lengthy post??  What are your feelings about this whole carry on then Dave? Were you aware of these latest developments?? 

15 hours ago, Arson fire said:

Half the committee must have been bullsh!tting me then?! I have no reason to believe what i heard and was told were outright lies put it that way...and Yes it was bordering on influence but some strong characters pushed it away!! I also never mentioned or suggested yours and there work was anything other than brilliant.. stop being so defensive for once man Dave.

Well, stop making stupid and uninformed comments. The promotion were pleased at what'we were doing, and it was us that were pulling the strings, not them. Gillian, Alan, Malla, Ken D, Janet and the Purvis's can't say anything different..  

Edited by Tsunami

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

The promotion were pleased at what'we were doing, and it was us that were pulling the strings, not them. Gillian, Alan, Malla, Janet and the Purvis's can't say anything different..  

To be fair Dave the supporters club did some sterling work but what caused their demise? Pulling up trees one minute then gone... from the outside looking in; it looked like someone was working agianst them... which was a shame...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arson fire said:

So you chose to pick up on one paragraph of a lengthy post??  What are your feelings about this whole carry on then Dave? Were you aware of these latest developments?? 

Cos that para involved me, and what you are saying is not true so pointing that out to you. Why shouldn't I put your record straight.

Why would I be in on the latest developments .News to me until I read it in here.   Looking for a dig I think. As I said above previously ,I retired from 2003 and even gave my controlling shares away as a gift.

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Well, stop making stupid and uninformed comments. The promotion were pleased at what'we were doing, and it was us that were pulling the strings, not them. Gillian, Alan, Malla, Janet and the Purvis's can't say anything different..  

Uninformed?  Im telling you what i was told at times and in confidence by 3 members of the committee man!! How more bloody informed do you want??...

1 minute ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

To be fair Dave the supporters club did some sterling work but what caused their demise? Pulling up trees one minute then gone... from the outside looking in; it looked like someone was working agianst them... which was a shame...

Regards 

THJ

The fall of the Supporters `Club was when I left,  having spent three years doing what I had to do to help the club out, and no-one was particularly keen to keep it going. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Arson fire said:

Uninformed?  Im telling you what i was told at times and in confidence by 3 members of the committee man!! How more bloody informed do you want??...

Well they are telling fibs, and you would believe it.

14 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

The fall of the Supporters `Club was when I left,  having spent three years doing what I had to do to help the club out, and no-one was particularly keen to keep it going. 

Dave I wouldn't say fall more like let down by certain people.. which cost the supporters club a fair bit of money ! As when the fixtures for Newcastle united were announced in the CHAMPIONSHIP & the 1st game was v Fulham we were let down by certain people & probably about a dozen of them at the time & then me jim julie & the rest of the committee thought well what's the point of carrying on.. so we decided to carry on for another few months but with other things like health & work commitments it was decided to call it a day & we did put appeals out for new members to take it on but there was not 1 person came forward.. which was a shame as me & jim were prepared to help them on there way 

Edited by pienpeesman
Spelling error
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Dave I wouldn't say fall more like let down by certain people.. which cost the supporters club a fair bit of money ! As when the fixtures for Newcastle united were announced in the CHAMPIONSHIP & the 1st game was v Fulham we were let down by certain people & probably about a dozen of them at the time & then me jim julie & the rest of the committee thought well what's the point of carrying on.. so we decided to carry on for another few months but with other things like health & work commitments it was decided to call it a day & we did put appeals out for new members to take it on but there was not 1 person came forward.. which was a shame as me & jim were prepared to help them on there way 

But you know that you could not have said to Kenny that the promotion interfered in any way with what we were doing. It would be telling lies if say you and Alan P said that to Kenny.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Confused 1