British Speedway Forum

9 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

But you know that you could not have said to Kenny that the promotion interfered in amy way with what we were doing. It wold be telling lies if say you and Alan P said that to Kenny.

I said.. and i quote “wanted” to, not did!!

9 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

But you know that you could not have said to Kenny that the promotion interfered in amy way with what we were doing. It wold be telling lies if say you and Alan P said that to Kenny.

Why me & Alan ? But I would say apart from Alan hedley what he donated to our fund raising night at the blue flames was fantastic  & when he & george came to our meeting 1 night that's all that george did do he never really botherd with us on speedway race nights ( but that's not a dig ) as he must have been in the zone but as I said we did offer for others to take it on but nee 1 wanted it... I have even told Rob that I will run buses if & when we get going next season & beyond covid permitting

14 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Why me & Alan ? But I would say apart from Alan hedley what he donated to our fund raising night at the blue flames was fantastic  & when he & george came to our meeting 1 night that's all that george did do he never really botherd with us on speedway race nights ( but that's not a dig ) as he must have been in the zone but as I said we did offer for others to take it on but nee 1 wanted it... I have even told Rob that I will run buses if & when we get going next season & beyond covid permitting

Sorry if it was't you, but you and Alan are or were very friendly with Kenny so who else could it be. Pleased you have agreed we had a free hand and operated without any influence. We didn't want it, and just got on and did a great job, so it's sad that others would try and say otherwise for their own reasons..

Edited by Tsunami

3 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

You could run a river cruise mate, sort it all out put all the hard work in and make a good few quid... just hope no-one lets you down on a whim after ordering loads of tickets and you no option but to cancel it.:nono:

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Sorry if it was't you, but you and Alan are or were very friendly with Kenny so who else could it be, Pleased you have agreed we had a free hand and operated without any influence. We didn't want it, and just got on and did a great job so it's sad that others would try and say otherwise for their own reasons..

I get on with a lot of folk dave but I don't carry or tell tales as you know.. I say it to the face as I hate having things building up inside of me.. & there's been a heck of a lot of 2 faced people telling tales at Newcastle speedway for quite a while & ,why can't they just say it how it is rather than telling tales & getting others involved

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

The fall of the Supporters `Club was when I left,  having spent three years doing what I had to do to help the club out, and no-one was particularly keen to keep it going. 

Have to say the reason the Supporters Club ended wasn't because of you leaving Dave. Julie,Mala,Janet Ken Davies and myself continued for a good while longer. The main reason was my I'll Health at the time and neither Julie or I could commit as we were. We still managed to do a few month more but the straw that broke the camel's back was the final Social event we put on which was a Christmas party. Despite my best efforts to sell tickets like previous events a lot of people said they would pay on the night. I ordered the buffet but out of over 120 people who reserved tickets/played for tickets there were less than 70 in attendance. I put over £150 of my personal money in to pay for the buffet as we didnt have enough in club funds. I lost this money. That was when enough was enough for Julie and I. We raised a lot of money but could have raised so much more. We lost £600 in deposits for 2 cancelled events. The second family fun day and the second river cruise. Having been involved in fundraising for over 30 years you'll remember me saying on many occasions how frustrating I was finding things and you'll no doubt remember you and i locked horns several times over how we both wanted things done. 

Edited by MrP
  • Like 2

There is 2 things that stand out about the current situation at Newcastle, 1.Grant never did his Du Diligence before he purchased the club, big mistake. 2.It really is a massive worry time for the previous Directors of the Club, If I was one,every time there was a knock on my Door my heart would miss a beat, Having heard the amount involved there really is a distinct possibility of a Jail sentence for them. 

Very sad to hear about the apparent demise of Newspeed 2003 Ltd and particularly if , as alleged, there are unpaid sums due to riders. That doesn't sound like the Diamonds promotion who I always believed had a reputation for paying riders on time.

What I find concerning is the question over who does the bond held by SCB belong to? If it belongs to Newspeed 2003 Ltd, then presumably it will be available to pay off creditors? Which leads to the question, will Rob's new company have to make a formal application to SCB and stump up some more money for a new bond assuming the application is accepted?

I'm surprised that Rob did not start with a new company and simply purchase the assets from Newspeed 2003 Ltd that he needed to avoid any skeletons in the cupboard appearing. Maybe there was a good reason for that, and perhaps it was related to the SCB bond.

Personally I don't believe the former directors should have anything to worry about unless someone proves that they have withdrawn funds/value for their own personal benefit without accounting for tax and NI.To the best of my knowledge these matters are normally dealt with under civil rules rather than criminal, hence any talk of jail sentences is really a total nonsense!

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Has any football director gone to jail over unpaid tax bills?

Azwar Majeed who owned Crawley Town in 2009 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aceslider said:

Very sad to hear about the apparent demise of Newspeed 2003 Ltd and particularly if , as alleged, there are unpaid sums due to riders. That doesn't sound like the Diamonds promotion who I always believed had a reputation for paying riders on time.

What I find concerning is the question over who does the bond held by SCB belong to? If it belongs to Newspeed 2003 Ltd, then presumably it will be available to pay off creditors? Which leads to the question, will Rob's new company have to make a formal application to SCB and stump up some more money for a new bond assuming the application is accepted?

I'm surprised that Rob did not start with a new company and simply purchase the assets from Newspeed 2003 Ltd that he needed to avoid any skeletons in the cupboard appearing. Maybe there was a good reason for that, and perhaps it was related to the SCB bond.

Personally I don't believe the former directors should have anything to worry about unless someone proves that they have withdrawn funds/value for their own personal benefit without accounting for tax and NI.To the best of my knowledge these matters are normally dealt with under civil rules rather than criminal, hence any talk of jail sentences is really a total nonsense!

Former jockey served a prison term 366 days for the same carry on 

1 minute ago, pienpeesman said:

Former jockey served a prison term 366 days for the same carry on 

Lester piggot

12 hours ago, MrP said:

Have to say the reason the Supporters Club ended wasn't because of you leaving Dave. Julie,Mala,Janet Ken Davies and myself continued for a good while longer. The main reason was my I'll Health at the time and neither Julie or I could commit as we were. We still managed to do a few month more but the straw that broke the camel's back was the final Social event we put on which was a Christmas party. Despite my best efforts to sell tickets like previous events a lot of people said they would pay on the night. I ordered the buffet but out of over 120 people who reserved tickets/played for tickets there were less than 70 in attendance. I put over £150 of my personal money in to pay for the buffet as we didnt have enough in club funds. I lost this money. That was when enough was enough for Julie and I. We raised a lot of money but could have raised so much more. We lost £600 in deposits for 2 cancelled events. The second family fun day and the second river cruise. Having been involved in fundraising for over 30 years you'll remember me saying on many occasions how frustrating I was finding things and you'll no doubt remember you and i locked horns several times over how we both wanted things done. 

Yes, a decent summing up Jim. We all worked well and hard together to give the club some support when times needed it, especially the air fence. It's just sad that it has ended the way it has. As Malla has said  there was reluctance to take it on, and I think Rob might also find it hard to get anybody when he was probably hoping that there would be people to take it over. Rachel has done a fantastic job since and obviously I think she will be involve again, when Rob gets things sorted out. Here's hoping.

NB Apologies to Ken Davies for forgetting to include him in the list of people who were active within the supporters club. He was a late addition to the original group, but he has been a tireless worker since, always being there when the club needed someone, and identifying and booking the South Gosforth Social Club for the most recent events.