British Speedway Forum

Ahh Royno man just call it a day, its going to be one big bang too many one of these days. Working with Brain injury i really worry about the ‘next time’.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Arson fire said:

Ahh Royno man just call it a day, its going to be one big bang too many one of these days. Working with Brain injury i really worry about the ‘next time’.

Unfortunately got to agree, think he is the human cat, but I do wonder how many of his nine lives he has got left !!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Arson fire said:

The last time I spoke to him he said that he has nowt but bad memories off brough park 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pienpeesman said:

The last time I spoke to him he said that he has nowt but bad memories off brough park 

Seen him fly round a few times, but fly off alot. He's had some serious blows man!! 

32 minutes ago, Arson fire said:

Seen him fly round a few times, but fly off alot. He's had some serious blows man!! 

Apparently on par with Danny King on the training track??

According to the facebook post Smetana had to be replaced as the promoters dont have the licence to employ EU riders

They've done well to act soon but I do wonder what this means for Vissing?

• Like 1

adam can do a good job fur newcastle . when he is on it , he takes some beating . former track record holder @ derwent park and thats without a steel shoe . 

but of  a trick track is brough and will take some getting used to . good luck adam , looking forward to seeing him ride brough well . thats if my dad (thj) :o will let me attend 

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Arson fire said:

His reserve partner ( wrighty )    is going to be busy especially at Newcastle with R/R rides

There is a glaring factual error in the press release. There have been no changes to EU law, the changes are to UK law.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, enotian said:

According to the facebook post Smetana had to be replaced as the promoters dont have the licence to employ EU riders

Looking like non British riders are now an expensive option, especially for the Championship 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Looking like non British riders are now an expensive option, especially for the Championship 

No more than they ever have. The rules haven’t changed just we don’t have the required employment status to sign non UK riders. It costs about £600 to get one and takes a few weeks but looks like we aren’t going to bother and didn’t look into it before declaring we’d signed three riders!

7 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

No more than they ever have. The rules haven’t changed just we don’t have the required employment status to sign non UK riders. It costs about £600 to get one and takes a few weeks but looks like we aren’t going to bother and didn’t look into it before declaring we’d signed three riders!

Wrong

You've encountered same problem Brummies and other Clubs have in the past.

Rob Grant's is now a new company. It was initially Rob buying out an existing Company. Changed when HMRC intervened.

A new Company formation can't apply for a Work Permit for a set period (not sure what it is but at least 2 years I think)

Surprised Roynon gone to Newcastle as he had been appointed new Track Curator at Perry Barr, could he have ridden for us and been Curator too?

Wish the lad well, deserves all the luck going.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HGould said:

Wrong

You've encountered same problem Brummies and other Clubs have in the past.

Rob Grant's is now a new company. It was initially Rob buying out an existing Company. Changed when HMRC intervened.

A new Company formation can't apply for a Work Permit for a set period (not sure what it is but at least 2 years I think)

Surprised Roynon gone to Newcastle as he had been appointed new Track Curator at Perry Barr, could he have ridden for us and been Curator too?

Wish the lad well, deserves all the luck going.

Are you sure it's not his dad that's the track curator at perry bar ? Unless Adam has recently been appointed that post too ? I might be wrong - I know Chris has done it for a couple of years now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have followed Adams Career from is time at Mildenhall, So when I heard he had signed for Newcastle I thought I would look on the forum to see what supporters thoughts were, and of course it was all about is Bad luck over many Seasons, But I really believe he will do an excellent job for Newcastle.However looking at the Newcastle thread I didn’t know about the Problems the previous Promotion Financial problems, So out of interest I went on Company House Website were I had a hell of a shock seeing they owe the tax man in excess of £150K must be very worrying times for the previous owners.
I hope Adam as a great Season for the Diamonds and as a injury free season as boy does he deserve it.