British Speedway Forum

6 hours ago, Fromafar said:

agree ,and at his age and with previous injuries not a great decision to race again IMO. Wish him the best of luck though.

Considering he comes in on a 4 ave it's a gamble worth taking ( well done to the promotion ) if he can keep fit he could end up with a 5 plus average

Edited by Justgotmecpc
Error
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

Close to home?

Originally from barrow, but last time I read something was based Coventry way so not close to home anymore

26 minutes ago, Neila said:

Originally from barrow, but last time I read something was based Coventry way so not close to home anymore

He lives about ten miles outside of leicester now. Anyway , he's always been a fans favourite wherever he rides. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pienpeesman said:

Considering he comes in on a 4 ave it's a gamble worth taking ( well done to the promotion ) if he can keep fit he could end up with a 5 plus average

It’s been proved many times averages don’t lie.There have been a few exceptions but mainly from up and coming riders.IMO

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It’s been proved many times averages don’t lie.There have been a few exceptions but mainly from up and coming riders.IMO

If adam can stay free from injury he will be 1 of the best 6 or 7's in the championship !! Even in the past when he has struggled around Newcastle I think ( & hope ) when he rides it week in week out he will settle down as he has had some good laps around the place in the past... Definitely a shrewd move by the promotion if he does the job... 

• Like 1

aye , the two ex worky lads could win the league for u in 2021 !    :drink:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

For goodness sake give the lad a chance, He’s British as excellent machines ana he’s as keen as mustard and he WANTS to ride for the Diamonds, He doesn’t want to read some of the stuff on this Forum 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Argos said:

For goodness sake give the lad a chance, He’s British as excellent machines ana he’s as keen as mustard and he WANTS to ride for the Diamonds, He doesn’t want to read some of the stuff on this Forum 

He'll only read it if he's a BSF member!!!!!!

1 minute ago, JohnHyam said:

Surely that is wrong. You are maybe confusing the BSF with Facebook ? You can read the BSF if you are a non member. Most of it anyway

2 minutes ago, JohnHyam said:

A naive view to take John. Most Speedway riders know what goes on on the forum and what is being said about them. 

Hope this move works out well for Adam and he stays safe, sound bloke. 

7 minutes ago, JohnHyam said:

Was just gonna say, but iris got in first,,, a think he can read it, but not post, unless he's a member. 

Also, btw,,, if your not gonna like some things that might be said, it might be a good idea to avoid social media. 

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 3

On 12/8/2020 at 9:59 PM, Brough Diamond said:

Claus will be able to apply for Frontier Worker status as EU citizens who have been regularly employed or self employed in the UK can continue to do so. The 2 new lads have never worked in the UK so can’t. 
This would allow us to potentially sign an EU citizen who has ridden in the UK regularly. 
This is different to a new work permit. Was on the news at the weekend

Does anyone know the situation with foreign citizens who have previously been employed in the uk for many years, but haven't been the last 4 or 5, the Bjarne Pedersen type situation (I know he's retired, but ya know what I mean) Could go for a big hitter number 1 to bring back the crowds... Can they still be available to work in this country? And how many previous years is enough for them to be available to work?

Gutted about Ondrej and Nick, was really looking forward to watching them, especially the latter... Good luck to them in the future

28 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Does anyone know the situation with foreign citizens who have previously been employed in the uk for many years, but haven't been the last 4 or 5, the Bjarne Pedersen type situation (I know he's retired, but ya know what I mean) Could go for a big hitter number 1 to bring back the crowds... Can they still be available to work in this country? And how many previous years is enough for them to be available to work?

Gutted about Ondrej and Nick, was really looking forward to watching them, especially the latter... Good luck to them in the future

Honestly...

The way these Brexit talks are going no one will be getting in (or out of the U.K. ) anytime soon after Jan 1... 

We will all be going to "Sunderland" in a handcart... a was going to say Hell but a think it will be worse than that...

What will happen to Brits over in Poland when that French government bloke gets his way and any Brits who stay over 3 months will need a Visa to stay in Europe and that's before they do any work over there... flitting in and out of Europe could become very difficult ..

It will be very interesting (but could get very stupid) as there could be lot of petty retaliation and reprisals from both sides on workers and visas as the divorce turns from amicable to nasty...

We might be getting all these Brit riders back by default...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1

Archie Freeman makes it a Happy Christmas for Newcastle Diamonds

Newcastle-born teenage speedway star in the making, Archie Freeman turned 16 at the back end of November, and had now made the day for his home club and supporters by putting pen to paper on a Newcastle Speedway full contract with club owner, Rob Grant.

Club co-promoter, Dave Tattum said: "This is a key moment for the Diamonds, signing a superbly talented, locally-sourced prospect as Archie Freeman is a vital move for us and our aim to cultivate a vibrant squad of young up-and-coming British riders in our squad and as Archie is a Geordie it makes it all the sweeter. 

"He's won lower cc class British Youth Titles a couple of seasons ago, and he's been involved in that important series of events all through 2020, on his 500cc machine, when other events weren't allowed to take place, and he has made more excellent progress, maturing into a fine speedway rider with bags of potential and we cannot wait for the winter to pass to get him on track next season."

Team manager Darren Hartley added: "It's brilliant for Newcastle to get this strong young local lad into our squad, and while initially he will be in our National League side, once he gets more and more racing under his belt, we'll be looking at introducing him into the Championship Diamonds' side to continue his impressive progress. 

"However, we'll be bringing Archie along to all our Championship level matches in 2021 anyway as part of the team and he will be looked after an integrated into the Diamonds pit activity to get him accustomed to the whole match atmosphere at its heart and that in itself will bring him on in leaps and bounds with experience of real matches in progress.

"We have massive belief in Archie's ability, and his future progress, which we at his home track were always desperate to make sure took place with us, and Brough Park is a track he's learned a lot about since he started training there on small bikes, many, many years ago, and the crowd who watch the second half racing will know what we're on about having seen his young racing, and this signing will be good for him, and good for us."

Archie Freeman himself also commented, saying: "I’m over the moon to be riding for Newcastle, this has been my ambition ever since I sat on a bike at Newcastle Speedway, and from then it’s been a lifelong ambition of mine, and for it to become reality right now is amazing.

"Next year I aim to move up into the main body of the team and to consistently score, and hopefully to attract more sponsors. Overall, I really can’t wait till next year and hope to bring in some more faces to Newcastle. I’d just like to thank everyone who had helped me over the years to get me here. Especially Colin Poole, David Rowland, Mark Hubbard, Lawrence Heppell, Trevor and Lynn Strawbridge and obviously my Mam and Dad, not to forget about Rob Grant for giving me this brilliant opportunity."

From Newcastle Speedway Facebook page. Great News. Sounds like the right way to develop.

Got #8 just need to find #7...  once the points limited is decided.....

• Like 5

Nice to see positive things happening at newcastle , at least one club has news to spread , alot of other clubs are very quiet. ( Btw , I'm really pleased for archie's dad and Dave rowland on archie's great achievement)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1