British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

I'm not sure the promotion even know yet... ask Dandelion who she fancies that's always good for a laugh... and I'm keeping Mum as I was the Panto Villain this time last year and definitely not spilling the beans with who it could be but his name is an anagram of Ben Reach...

Regards 

THJ...

That's going to get plenty heeds scratching... Best stop chewing me nails 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

That's going to get plenty heeds scratching... Best stop chewing me nails 

Time to get the Scrabble game out & I think I've sussed it alriddy me reckons... 

7 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Time to get the Scrabble game out & I think I've sussed it alriddy me reckons... 

Well keep it under ya Elf hat an don't tell anyone... Merry Christmas. .

Regards 

THJ 

why have you got long blond hair in you avatar. is it you weekend thing ?

9 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well keep it under ya Elf hat an don't tell anyone... Merry Christmas. .

Regards 

THJ 

All we want for Xmas is a number 5... All the best big man enjoy your Cumbrian scran

• Thanks 1

It would be a truly excellent signing (and a great Christmas present) if there are no work permit issues. I wonder if Zorro is back on his Christmas card list?

Anyhow,  have a topper - and safe - Christmas,  everyone,  and let's hope we can meet up for a drink in the BP bar sometime in 2021.

TG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

It would be a truly excellent signing (and a great Christmas present) if there are no work permit issues. I wonder if Zorro is back on his Christmas card list?

Anyhow,  have a topper - and safe - Christmas,  everyone,  and let's hope we can meet up for a drink in the BP bar sometime in 2021.

TG

Sorry TG it's just an early April 1st present... it would be great if we got Trev Bach back but that was just wishful thinking on my account...

All the best and can't wait for that pint when we get back to some type of normal again...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1

Rumours that Mr.Grant has informed the track staff including Jonathan Swales that there services are no longer required at Newcastle and the tractors have been sold. If true then I wonder who’s taking over the role and why sell the equipment ? Cost cutting or a new signing imminent?

Personally I think Swales did an unbelievably good job considering all the obstacles in the way at Brough . It’s hardly an ideal shape track to work on , little if any drainage and the time constraints are ridiculous .I’m sure his services would be wanted at Redcar in some capacity, where he has family connections,  if he can fit Friday nights in with his full time work. He is a talented, young track curator and there’s precious few of those around.

Lets hope we have an outstanding replacement lined up and a new tractor or two!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Rumours that Mr.Grant has informed the track staff including Jonathan Swales that there services are no longer required at Newcastle and the tractors have been sold. If true then I wonder who’s taking over the role and why sell the equipment ? Cost cutting or a new signing imminent?

It doesn't always sound good when rumours start,,, but if there's any truth in that, it could mean many things.

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

It doesn't always sound good when rumours start,,, but if there's any truth in that, it could mean many things.

A bit alarming, but not unexpected. I believe Terry " the track man"  left Redcar this year, so that's where Johnny will go I expect. What happens then to Robbie and Moxy ? as they can't do the track, especially without tractors and Moxy hasn't got a driving licence. We have always had difficulties getting track staff, It used to be me looking after them and finding new ones, so to lose even more gives me concern. Phillips was given that advice and did sod all about getting any more. Something needs to be done or known about how we are going to operate with some work areas next year. Food wagon will sell food on the ground, Dave Tatum I suppose could do the track, who will sell merchandising, turnstile staff, programme sellers, Medics, other officials, air fence, and now track staff. You could be very busy next year Ruff multitasking .   

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

You could be very busy next year Ruff multitasking .   

Al not get another laff like that this year mate :rofl::rofl:,,, a can't multitask, a try and do one job at a time, but do it properly, measure twice and cut once. ;)

'Multitasking',,, reeto.

Edited by ruffdiamond

2 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Al not get another laff like that this year mate :rofl::rofl:,,, a can't multitask, a try and do one job at a time, but do it properly, measure twice and cut once. ;)

'Multitasking',,, reeto.

You could do the sheeting during the day, put the air fence up and inflate it, stand at the door selling the programmes (sorry race magazine), grab a red flag, and sell ice creams when you are not busy. Only do one job at a time but, don't want to wear you out before reversing all those jobs after the meeting is finished or rained off.  Happy days. :D 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

You could do the sheeting during the day, put the air fence up and inflate it, stand at the door selling the programmes (sorry race magazine), grab a red flag, and sell ice creams when you are not busy. Only do one job at a time but, don't want to wear you out before reversing all those jobs after the meeting is finished or rained off.  Happy days. :D 

Al sell the ice-creams first, before they melt. :t:

• Haha 1

Newcastle Speedway Facebook page (part of):

Newcastle Speedway would like to wish all of our staff, riders, supporters and speedway fans everywhere a very happy new year.
We are certain that a lot of us will be desperate to see the back of 2020 and we all can't wait to have a much better 2021!
The tapes are waiting for us all and we can not wait to be back at Newcastle Stadium hopefully by April.
Rob Grant would also like to let all supporters know who travel by car to our home meetings, that from next season, the car parking charge has been abolished, which is welcome news indeed.
We also have some more VERY exciting announcements coming up in the new year, so make sure to listen out for those!
In the meantime, all the best to all friends far and wide of Newcastle Diamonds!!
Have a good one!
  • Like 1