British Speedway Forum

13 hours ago, HGould said:

Very good to see Rob Grant and Newcastle joining the small but increasing list of Clubs who are more independent and open and transparent

IOW, Belle Vue; Glasgow, Redcar ; Eastbourne; Swindon; Edinburgh probably the most effective of this positive new trend. 

Yeah it's what has been needed for a long time at Newcastle... A fresh input from a new promotion with new ideas on crowd entertainment & good to that most of the old dead wood have been ousted & it will only be good for Newcastle speedway in the long term hopefully

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I’ve said this a while back, but what a refreshing change in the world of British speedway Rob Grant is. It’s never going to be a world beating league winning team, but ran to a budget to remain financially viable and complete open and honest communications to the fans.... the paying customers keeping them informed. 

Some of the silence from other teams is deafening and shows a complete disregard to their paying customers. Fair play to Newcastle.

• Like 5

Danny Smith has signed as a Newcastle asset (copied and pasted from Facebook):

Welcome Danny Smith!
Hot on the heels of the signing of 16-year-old Archie Freeman on a full club contract comes another addition to the side's ever-growing youth portfolio by signing another recently-turned 16-year-old locally-born rider in Danny Smith!
Like Freeman, Smith has been shifting the Brough Park shale during junior and second-half events for a good number of seasons, often battling well with Freeman as they both have developed a high degree of speedway skill side-by-side.
Diamonds' team manager, Darren Hartley is full of enthusiasm for the signing, saying: "Danny was always on the cards to be signed into our set up once he turned 16, and he perfectly fits the bill of exceptional young talent, home grown in the North East, and as such is another local lad desperately keen to improve and go all the way to the top with the Gems and the Diamonds!"
Dave Tattum, the club's co=promoter went on to add: "We're really pushing the club's youth development policy this season, like never before, and now with Danny fully signed and, on our books, the future is looking very rosy indeed."
"Newcastle Gem's manager, Steve Pate was also thrilled at the signing, adding: "Both Archie, and now Danny, have been honing their skills on the 500cc engines over the last couple of seasons, and last year Danny too took part in pretty much the only full-scale 2020 competition to take place on UK tracks, the British Youth Championships, gaining vital experience with every round and will join Archie at first in the ranks of the Newcastle Gems NDL side, gaining more, and more experience with the aim of joining the full-time Diamonds in the Championship at some point in the future. We are really getting a bubbling youth scene going at Newcastle right now, and just at the right time for the lads and the club!"
Edited by StevePark
  • Like 3

On 12/23/2020 at 6:52 PM, ruffdiamond said:

Yes, U2,,, av a feeling my money is safe like. ;)

Hopefully not tho.

How much will a pint be next year? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Najjer said:

I’ve said this a while back, but what a refreshing change in the world of British speedway Rob Grant is. It’s never going to be a world beating league winning team, but ran to a budget to remain financially viable and complete open and honest communications to the fans.... the paying customers keeping them informed. 

Some of the silence from other teams is deafening and shows a complete disregard to their paying customers. Fair play to Newcastle.

Yip even turning me hearing aid up to full monty I could never hear anything & the old Deadwood must have been great poker players as they could keep the cards well close to the chest not to mention the secret hand shake brown envelope club..  Roll on the granty years

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Great news that local boy Danny Smith has signed a contract following on from the signing of Archie Freeman in December, They follow in the steps of the signing of Josh Embleton who signed a couple of years ago, and who has ridden ay National League level for a couple of NL teams with success. All three riders started riding a speedway bike for the first time at my free Training School held on a Sunday afternoons started in 2008. My reason for starting the school then was to bring on as many local youngsters in order to provide a stream of youngsters to stock the Newcastle teams. Thanks goes to all the helpers who helped me run the school, and though our combined efforts, we see in the signing of Josh, Archie and Danny the success of a venture which each club should have for the future of both clubs and the UK. 

In addition it would be wrong to omit 14year old Owen Booth, who had his first rides at my training school, is currently riding 125cc, and is showing great form in the BYC and looking to follow his fellow Diamond contracted riders. 

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 4

Good to see the signing of Danny Smith for the NL team.

A good step forward for the new promoters

when Dent Oliver started the Colts off in 1968 , it was the start of finding and providing lots of British talent for , eventually, the Aces and the  beginning of a very successful time for Belle Vue

We had 7 Aces, 7 Colts and other second halfers as well

Keep up the good work

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

Good to see the signing of Danny Smith for the NL team.

A good step forward for the new promoters

when Dent Oliver started the Colts off in 1968 , it was the start of finding and providing lots of British talent for , eventually, the Aces and the  beginning of a very successful time for Belle Vue

We had 7 Aces, 7 Colts and other second halfers as well

Keep up the good work

I'm very envious of you. :D

On 29/10/2020 at 10:56 PM, Justgotmecpc said:

Should never criticise others as look what's happened now.. just thankful young granty is at the helm now...

Funny thing karma

On 27/10/2020 at 9:31 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Dave I could argue that one mind  because I put more than that into the Air Fence fund and that's not including the junk I bought at Auction and Raffle nights... but never mind... and George was trying to manipulate things behind the scenes with his band of little secret (squirrel) service of sycophants and cronies...

Arson has some valid points IMHO...

Regards 

THJ 

So george isn't the only 1 who has tried to MANIPULATE  You ! Wonder who else has which I find rather strange that somebody would even try or maybe another has just tried to stir the porridge bowl to cause an even BIGGER stir 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

So george isn't the only 1 who has tried to MANIPULATE  You ! Wonder who else has which I find rather strange that somebody would even try or maybe another has just tried to stir the porridge bowl to cause an even BIGGER stir 

Just for you....

E10D8173-40F9-46FE-805D-218B0135A097.jpeg

Regards
THJ

• Haha 1