British Speedway Forum

12 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Some canny concrete bus shelters all over west Cumbria

Workington and Whitehaven are celebrated for their bus stations.

Errrr,...........so I'm told :-(

90th Anniversary Meeting 

1 Max Clegg 2 Tero Aarnio 3 Richie Worrall 4 Nick Skorja 5 Matty Wethers 6 Charles Wright 7 Claus Vissing 8 Steve Worrall 9 Connor Mountain 10 Joe Alcock 11 Ben Barker 12 James Wright 13 Bjarne Pedersen 14 Aaron Summers 15 Ondrej Smetarna 16 Andreas Jensen.

Meeting Sponsored by Metro FM

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StevePark said:

90th Anniversary Meeting 

1 Max Clegg 2 Tero Aarnio 3 Richie Worrall 4 Nick Skorja 5 Matty Wethers 6 Charles Wright 7 Claus Vissing 8 Steve Worrall 9 Connor Mountain 10 Joe Alcock 11 Ben Barker 12 James Wright 13 Bjarne Pedersen 14 Aaron Summers 15 Ondrej Smetarna 16 Andreas Jensen.

Meeting Sponsored by Metro FM

Pleased you've tidied up what's been posted on Twitter. Does anyone actually think that tweet looks good for a professional sports club? 

https://ibb.co/ZNYqwnq

2 hours ago, JCookie said:

Pleased you've tidied up what's been posted on Twitter. Does anyone actually think that tweet looks good for a professional sports club? 

https://ibb.co/ZNYqwnq

What do you think as I'm sure Rob & Tony will be glad for your feedback #tryingtherebestfornewcastlespeedway

6 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Workington and Whitehaven are celebrated for their bus stations.

Errrr,...........so I'm told :-(

Workington bus station was the first to be built in the uk i read somewhere !

whitehaven bus station no longer exists . major re development with new buildings built inside it. . it will be renamed the buzz station . honest .

8 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

What do you think as I'm sure Rob & Tony will be glad for your feedback #tryingtherebestfornewcastlespeedway

I think they've done a fantastic job so far, and I am very happy they've taken over the club. However, social media is one of the biggest and best places to reach an audience these days and that's the kind of content that's being put out?

No mention of the sponsor, formatting is all over and it's just a random tweet with no build up or anything. I've said before on here that clubs should look at uni students who are studying marketing or similar, sure they'd be delighted for some experience and happy to do it for a pittance 

2 minutes ago, JCookie said:

I think they've done a fantastic job so far, and I am very happy they've taken over the club. However, social media is one of the biggest and best places to reach an audience these days and that's the kind of content that's being put out?

No mention of the sponsor, formatting is all over and it's just a random tweet with no build up or anything. I've said before on here that clubs should look at uni students who are studying marketing or similar, sure they'd be delighted for some experience and happy to do it for a pittance 

Uni students secondary schools etc all been tried in the past however many years from the likes of Steve Brock . Dave Rowland . Jackie Campbell & Steve pate & the management & some riders attending fates giving out free tickets displays of posters in shops & yet still people didn't come to the speedway !! Perhaps it's because we are a Sunday track who knows but Rob & Tony are willing to listen to anybody with ideas to help out with what they are doing to keep it going ad long as possible for our entertainment and raise the profile of Newcastle speedway long may it continue...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JCookie said:

In fairness to the Diamonds promotion, I think you may have taken this completely out of context.

If you attended yesterday evening's Race Night at South Gosforth, you would have seen that the draw for this event was made throughout the evening. It would appear that once the draw was complete, someone in good faith has published this tweet in the form of "breaking news".

I am sure the follow up promoting of the event will be as polished as ever and to most peoples' liking.

As a bye the bye, I thought the race night was a huge success and marvellous to see all the riders in attendance together with representation from the Gems squad. Well done to the organisers - and by the way, the Hog Roast was excellent!!

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Aceslider said:

As a bye the bye, I thought the race night was a huge success and marvellous to see all the riders in attendance together with representation from the Gems squad. Well done to the organisers - and by the way, the Hog Roast was excellent!!

Was a good turn out, the beer was a bit pricey tho,,, good job I had put a tenner in me sock for the taxi home.

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, jenga said:

whitehaven bus station no longer exists . major re development with new buildings built inside it. . it will be renamed the buzz station . honest .

I know people who will be devastated. Not me of course, just people I am acquainted with - only casually, honest!

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Was a good turn out, the beer was a bit pricey tho,,, good job I had put a tenner in me sock for the taxi home.

Aye that's what I thought !! 3& a half shillings for a pint of fosters yuk but the broon ale was better tho

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes it's been a brilliant start in the Rob Grant era at Newcastle Speedway. Two fans nights both packed out, all the team in attendance and the return of many old faces that I think have been missing for a long time. Let's hope this continues into the season, and we see the two new foreign riders getting to grips with Brough, whilst James eases himself onto a speedway bike and hits the form that fans have hope for. These 3 riders are key to our success, remembering we have to make up about 2 points to match the strength of the other teams. I am sure we will.

Brilliant field for the first meeting celebrating the 90th anniversary of Newcastle Speedway. It could only be improved by the inclusion of Nicki P, but it's still a cracking field. 

As one illustrious fan said to me last night "I've got a feeling that this year is going to be a great year". I don't think he is wrong. :approve: 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Yes it's been a brilliant start in the Rob Grant era at Newcastle Speedway. Two fans nights both packed out, all the team in attendance and the return of many old faces that I think have been missing for a long time. Let's hope this continues into the season, and we see the two new foreign riders getting to grips with Brough, whilst James eases himself onto a speedway bike and hits the form that fans have hope for. These 3 riders are key to our success, remembering we have to make up about 2 points to match the strength of the other teams. I am sure we will.

Brilliant field for the first meeting celebrating the 90th anniversary of Newcastle Speedway. It could only be improved by the inclusion of Nicki P, but it's still a cracking field. 

As one illustrious fan said to me last night "I've got a feeling that this year is going to be a great year". I don't think he is wrong. :approve: 

Tend too sort of agree Dave, I think a lot have written us off. Seems like the new guys have injected some much needed  enthusiasm around the place. Having their own 'bait wagon' is a massive plus for Newcastle speedway, also the lure of maybe being able to purchase some proper delicacies on site will do well :t:

BTW,,, you're always gonna see some old faces at speedway soiree's ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Excellent news. I do hope they make it a huge success. 

• Like 1