British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Just watched Matt ford on the video on the sgb page and Steve Worralls name was mentioned twice with the accusation he hadn’t been paid by Newcastle speedway.  

i have just watched that interview with matt ford and i find him honest and open .  well spoken and passionate about the sport and a cracking memory. .  the comment that steve worrall had not been paid  . i never heard matt mention the name newcastle and as the big wave says ,  doubt it was newcastle . i tend to agree and i feel it may be some other club who are the non payers . 

p.s. cannot see why some fans, etc dont like matt ford . the simple fact is he knows what the rules  say and what they dont say .. 

He did mention Newcastle. I watched it again just to make sure.  I do agree with tsunami that I imagine it’s a late payment rather than a non payment.  Newcastle promoters have always had a good reputation and were in the game for a long time. 

• Thanks 2

i only watched it one , so must have missed it . i will have another peep later .

how do i get to see the redcar/glasgow meeting tonight from tapes up ?

Morning 

Just to put a smile on your face and apparently its all true and it really happened (cough cough)

Husband:
My wife is missing.
She went out yesterday and has not come home...

Sergeant at Police Station:
What is her height?

Husband:
Gee, I'm not sure. A little over five-feet tall.

Sergeant:
Weight?

Husband:
Don't know. Not slim, not really fat.

Sergeant:
Colour of eyes?

Husband:
Sort of brown I think. Never really noticed.

Sergeant:
Colour of hair?

Husband:
Changes a couple times a year.
Maybe dark brown now.
I can’t remember.

Sergeant:
What was she wearing?

Husband:
Could have been pants, or maybe a skirt or shorts and a top. I don't know exactly.

Sergeant:
What kind of car did she go in?

Husband:
She went in my Audi

Sergeant:
What kind of Audi was it?

Husband: (sobbing)
Audi A6 Avant Black Edition,
Ambient Lighting pack - A6, Front and outer rear heated seats, Valcona leather - Lunar silver + super sport seats, 3 spoke heated sports leather multi-function steering wheel with paddle shift, LED Matrix headlights with high beam assist, Pearlescent paint, Audi drive select, Audi parking system plus with front and rear sensors, Audible and visual fasten seat belt warning - front and rear, Cruise control, Driver's information system, MMI SD card Navigation, Mobile telephone preparation, PAS, Service interval indicator, 3 point seat-belts on all seats, ABS-EBD, ASR traction control, Curtain airbags, Driver and passenger airbags, Driver-front passenger side airbags, Electro-mechanical parking brake, Electronic stability control, Front passenger airbag deactivation, Hill hold assist, Tyre pressure monitoring system, Warning triangle and first aid kit, Anti theft alarm, Anti-theft wheel bolts, Immobiliser, Key-less Start, Remote central locking, Audi music interface, Auxiliary input socket, DAB digital radio module, MMI Radio plus with CD player and bluetooth interface, SD card slot, USB connection, 12V power in rear centre console, 4 way electric lumbar support, 4 zone climate control, Aluminium door sill trims, Black cloth headlining, Double cargo floor, Electric front seats + driver memory, Front centre armrest, Front head restraints, Front-rear floor mats, Height adjustable front seats, Isofix front passenger and rear seat preparation, Jack and tool kit, Load lashing points, Luggage compartment cover, Luggage rails, Perforated leather gear-knob, Rear headrests, Split folding rear seat, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Automatic headlights + automatic windscreen wipers, Body coloured bumpers, Body coloured door mirrors and handles, Body coloured roof spoiler, Door sill trims with S line logo, Electric front-rear windows, Headlight washers, High gloss black door mirrors, High gloss black finish B pillar, High gloss black triangular aperture at rear door, LED daytime running lights, LED rear lights, Light sensor, Platinum grey front lip spoiler, Privacy glass (to rear of B post), Rain sensor, Rear wiper, Alcantara door trim, Piano black finish inlay, Space saver spare wheel, Black Styling pack - A6 Avant, Non smoking pack - A6, Diesel particulate filter

(At this point, the sobbing has turned into a full cry.)

Sergeant:
Don't worry buddy. We'll find your Audi

Regards
THJ

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Suppose I had better get out of the scratcher and let the dog out,,, its gonna be a struggle to adjust back into pre-covid life, when it happens, it will take at least 12 weeks ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 3:15 PM, Tsunami said:

I personally doubt that. Late possibly. 

Isn't there a form that the captain has to sign to say riders have been paid?

Was Steve your captain last year?

This is why I find that the system is wrong when riders that do not get paid, withhold their services until they do get paid, but get a 28 day ban! 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Isn't there a form that the captain has to sign to say riders have been paid?

Was Steve your captain last year?

This is why I find that the system is wrong when riders that do not get paid, withhold their services until they do get paid, but get a 28 day ban! 

Perhaps (if the claim is true) he signed the form "under duress" ?

The claim from Mr Ford was that Stevie wasn't getting paid last year..... So I presume all is now good, as he was due to ride in our 90th Anniversary Meeting last weekend (29 March).

32 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Perhaps (if the claim is true) he signed the form "under duress" ?

The claim from Mr Ford was that Stevie wasn't getting paid last year..... So I presume all is now good, as he was due to ride in our 90th Anniversary Meeting last weekend (29 March).

If the Prison Warder and the Printer could have sorted their differences out and confirmed that Newcastle were running Steve Worrall would have come back to Newcastle and it was only while the club was under threat of closure that Steve signed for Poole. (and that was also why Robbo had to go with Redcar for his farewell meeting. I spoke to Robbo at the Redcar/Newcastle meeting and he said he was shocked after he had spoken to one of the promoters who told him that the club were looking at closing down and they couldn't guarantee him a date for this year and his final meeting)

The majority of riders had this season (2020) sorted before the 2019 one had ended; Poole will definitely benefit from a fitter and more healthier Steve Worrall this year with the rod removed from his leg; their gain is definitely Newcastle's loss.

Its a pity Rob didn't get the club sooner than he did as one thing for sure love him or loathe him Rob Grant is his own man and will run the club in the way he thinks best which isn't a bad thing as far as I am concerned; at least he can make a decision; also if Rob had come in maybe just before the end of the 2019 season he would have had a much larger pool of riders to choose from and the team may have looked much different. Not that IMHO do I feel we have a bad team at present.

Lets also be "Totally Honest" here; Steve wasn't the only one who was paid late this year as he was just one of three that I am aware of (and there could have been more) and last year for that matter with riders waiting until after the season had finished before getting settled up and again there were 3 or 4 who had to wait for final payments with two of them having to wait until after the Christmas period to see their final cheques "land on the mat".

So those who have knocked Rob Grant need to think long and hard because if we were left in the hands of the Prison Warder and the Printer we would have no club. The era of St George has ended and thank the lord for that as far as I am concerned because neither him or the Prison Warder could run a bath let alone a business. St Rob is a businessman and he will make the hard decisions and take the club forward in my view and long may he reign...

Regards
THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling,
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Morning 

Just to put a smile on your face and apparently its all true and it really happened (cough cough)

Husband:
My wife is missing.
She went out yesterday and has not come home...

Sergeant at Police Station:
What is her height?

Husband:
Gee, I'm not sure. A little over five-feet tall.

Sergeant:
Weight?

Husband:
Don't know. Not slim, not really fat.

Sergeant:
Colour of eyes?

Husband:
Sort of brown I think. Never really noticed.

Sergeant:
Colour of hair?

Husband:
Changes a couple times a year.
Maybe dark brown now.
I can’t remember.

Sergeant:
What was she wearing?

Husband:
Could have been pants, or maybe a skirt or shorts and a top. I don't know exactly.

Sergeant:
What kind of car did she go in?

Husband:
She went in my Audi

Sergeant:
What kind of Audi was it?

Husband: (sobbing)
Audi A6 Avant Black Edition,
Ambient Lighting pack - A6, Front and outer rear heated seats, Valcona leather - Lunar silver + super sport seats, 3 spoke heated sports leather multi-function steering wheel with paddle shift, LED Matrix headlights with high beam assist, Pearlescent paint, Audi drive select, Audi parking system plus with front and rear sensors, Audible and visual fasten seat belt warning - front and rear, Cruise control, Driver's information system, MMI SD card Navigation, Mobile telephone preparation, PAS, Service interval indicator, 3 point seat-belts on all seats, ABS-EBD, ASR traction control, Curtain airbags, Driver and passenger airbags, Driver-front passenger side airbags, Electro-mechanical parking brake, Electronic stability control, Front passenger airbag deactivation, Hill hold assist, Tyre pressure monitoring system, Warning triangle and first aid kit, Anti theft alarm, Anti-theft wheel bolts, Immobiliser, Key-less Start, Remote central locking, Audi music interface, Auxiliary input socket, DAB digital radio module, MMI Radio plus with CD player and bluetooth interface, SD card slot, USB connection, 12V power in rear centre console, 4 way electric lumbar support, 4 zone climate control, Aluminium door sill trims, Black cloth headlining, Double cargo floor, Electric front seats + driver memory, Front centre armrest, Front head restraints, Front-rear floor mats, Height adjustable front seats, Isofix front passenger and rear seat preparation, Jack and tool kit, Load lashing points, Luggage compartment cover, Luggage rails, Perforated leather gear-knob, Rear headrests, Split folding rear seat, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Automatic headlights + automatic windscreen wipers, Body coloured bumpers, Body coloured door mirrors and handles, Body coloured roof spoiler, Door sill trims with S line logo, Electric front-rear windows, Headlight washers, High gloss black door mirrors, High gloss black finish B pillar, High gloss black triangular aperture at rear door, LED daytime running lights, LED rear lights, Light sensor, Platinum grey front lip spoiler, Privacy glass (to rear of B post), Rain sensor, Rear wiper, Alcantara door trim, Piano black finish inlay, Space saver spare wheel, Black Styling pack - A6 Avant, Non smoking pack - A6, Diesel particulate filter

(At this point, the sobbing has turned into a full cry.)

Sergeant:
Don't worry buddy. We'll find your Audi

Regards
THJ

I think you'll find that model has a gun metal grey front lip spoiler,  on a side note, did they find his wife ?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

A wondered why George seemed scared of him, he did seem a bit bossy like ;)

Bossy or bullie 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Bossy or bullie 

Haha haha 

Definitely Bossy.... he wasn't big enough to be a bully... unless his pals are Dopey the Speedway riding son, Doc, Bashful, Happy, Sleepy, Sneezy and Grumpy the printer promoter...

LMFAO....

Regards 

THJ 

4 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

If the Prison Warder and the Printer could have sorted their differences out and confirmed that Newcastle were running Steve Worrall would have come back to Newcastle and it was only while the club was under threat of closure that Steve signed for Poole. (and that was also why Robbo had to go with Redcar for his farewell meeting. I spoke to Robbo at the Redcar/Newcastle meeting and he said he was shocked after he had spoken to one of the promoters who told him that the club were looking at closing down and they couldn't guarantee him a date for this year and his final meeting)

The majority of riders had this season (2020) sorted before the 2019 one had ended; Poole will definitely benefit from a fitter and more healthier Steve Worrall this year with the rod removed from his leg; their gain is definitely Newcastle's loss.

Its a pity Rob didn't get the club sooner than he did as one thing for sure love him or loathe him Rob Grant is his own man and will run the club in the way he thinks best which isn't a bad thing as far as I am concerned; at least he can make a decision; also if Rob had come in maybe just before the end of the 2019 season he would have had a much larger pool of riders to choose from and the team may have looked much different. Not that IMHO do I feel we have a bad team at present.

Lets also be "Totally Honest" here; Steve wasn't the only one who was paid late this year as he was just one of three that I am aware of (and there could have been more) and last year for that matter with riders waiting until after the season had finished before getting settled up and again there were 3 or 4 who had to wait for final payments with two of them having to wait until after the Christmas period to see their final cheques "land on the mat".

So those who have knocked Rob Grant need to think long and hard because if we were left in the hands of the Prison Warder and the Printer we would have no club. The era of St George has ended and thank the lord for that as far as I am concerned because neither him or the Prison Warder could run a bath let alone a business. St Rob is a businessman and he will make the hard decisions and take the club forward in my view and long may he reign...

Regards
THJ 

Think you're wrong in saying that Steve worall was going back to Newcastle.  When Steve said him self he was always going to a different track . THJ I normally agree with you but not on this one

3 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Haha haha 

Definitely Bossy.... he wasn't big enough to be a bully... unless his pals are Dopey the Speedway riding son, Doc, Bashful, Happy, Sleepy, Sneezy and Grumpy the printer promoter...

LMFAO....

Regards 

THJ 

What about Snow White or the Evil Witch?

Just now, Crabba59 said:

Think you're wrong in saying that Steve worall was going back to Newcastle.  When Steve said him self he was always going to a different track . THJ I normally agree with you but not on this one

Honeslty 

Chatted to him last year and this (including his current main sponsor) and he would have come back but he needed security... the two warring parties we had as promoters couldn't agree on anything one was bailing out and taking his bat ball and dummy with him and  the other clown was going to take us into the National League... What was Steve supposed to do? Hang on and wait for something to break whilst slots in other sides were filling up rapidly... he nearly got his fingers burnt the year before when he signed for Worky and they folded... (sorry my bad)

Steve got a good offer off Poole and absolutely zip off Newcastle... no brainer for him.... and to be fair I have known him (and Richie) since they first come to Newcastle and sponsored both of them off and on over the years and I have no reason not to believe him...

I also think he will score big at Poole this year and they have a cracking top 3/4 and if we ever do get any action this year it will be interesting to see how Stevie does and the rest of the Poole team for that matter.... bloody poxy Covid 19....

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 2