British Speedway Forum

25 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Dunno how they would've done, but was really looking forward to see what they could have done. Hopefully these covid restrictions are kicked into touch for next year, but a won't be holding me breath. 

It was good to see Rob Lambert pick up the Euro Title this year, but its gonna be a big challenge to see if everyman and his dog can evolve into the new normal? :unsure:

Aye ya reet ruff

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Aye ya reet ruff

It is a worry as we are now 6 month down the line & it looks as tho covid is going to get back to if not worse than the springtime high & with the winter looming it may take longer to get some sort of control on it !! So we will just have to keep everything crossed for a healthy 2021 & hope the powers that be can get some sort of vaccine to keep it at bay as I reckon it's here to stay

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

So we will just have to keep everything crossed for a healthy 2021 & hope the powers that be can get some sort of vaccine to keep it at bay as I reckon it's here to stay

Aye, a think its definitely here to stay, nee getting oot of it noo!!! ;)

its like donald trump if he wins the election,  FOUR  more years of heartache and ruin .  speedway is/will be a forgotten sport. poss never to return. but at least ruff and pie man are keeping the newcactle thread alive !  :t:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jenga said:

its like donald trump if he wins the election,  FOUR  more years of heartache and ruin .  speedway is/will be a forgotten sport. poss never to return. but at least ruff and pie man are keeping the newcactle thread alive !  :t:

With Jenga haunting everywhere else on the Forum... :icon_smile_clown:

• Haha 1

Don't forget guys, an extra hour in the house this weekend and, probably well deserved. ;)

Anyone got any ideas what's happening with the website?

Edited by ruffdiamond

On 10/24/2020 at 3:35 PM, ruffdiamond said:

Don't forget guys, an extra hour in the house this weekend and, probably well deserved. ;)

Anyone got any ideas what's happening with the website?

Hi Neil, 

The website is currently under construction for improvements. We should have it back up and running in the very near future

:t:

• Thanks 1

Honestly

You couldn't make this up.... NEWSPEED 2003 LTD the company behind your beloved Speedway team Newcastle Diamonds are going into Liquidation

Yep that's right liquidation; I bet when Rob Grant bought out the club from the old promotion he didn't reckon on this "Pan of Pony" 

As a sponsor I have had the heads up and I was asked what I wanted to do with regard to my sponsorship monies I have paid and I have (of course) just asked to "let it ride" for the next season we run as Rob has apparently started a new company called Newcastle Diamonds Limited...

I would assume this offer will be the same for season ticket holders who will be offered either their cash back as a refund or given the opportunity to let them role over for the next full season we have; with not only the new promotion but a whole new company. More on this later...

It is the Liquidators duty and role to look after creditors of the old business and a report will be going into the London Gazette (I think its called) which identifies the company and the reasons as to why they have been liquidated' and what happens next.

Now I cant go into to much detail yet as everyone is being diplomatic and not giving much away when I have asked for further information and there are of course the "Libel Laws" to consider; however it would appear that in the operating and day to day running of the club it was brought to Rob's attention that there was a bit of an anomaly (so to speak) in the previous accounts and HMRC wanted a word.

When this "anomaly" was explained to the new owner he had no other option but to fold the old business to protect himself and his good name; however I am expecting certain people to be interviewed from our friends at HMRC and possibly under caution...

You can see the NEWSPEED 2003 LTD accounts on line on the Companies House web site...

I am certainly not a happy chappie for various reasons but I bet Rob Grant is bouncing... So remember the old tag line and in "whom" we were asked to put our trust in... looks like they have left an absolute mess financially. 

But never mind I have the fullest confidence in Rob and his team to pull this around but after all the rhetoric from the previous promotion it certainly leaves a bad taste in the mouth that's for sure... and especially after I was called worse than a pick-pocket by one or two of them and their cronies only for 1. to be not only proved right to what I was saying but 2. totally exonerated after pumping thousands into their pockets when I thought I was helping the club it looks like I have been funding other things not always speedway related. What a shower

I for one am totally behind Grant and his new regime; its a breath of fresh air compared to the previous lot...

Its maybe a good thing that swear words aren't allowed on here as the whole post would have been redacted...

Once again it looks like I am the harbinger of doom and gloom however its isn't that bad for the club as a whole as Rob Grant is doing an awful lot of positive work behind the scenes.. "What for" I am not sure but fair play to the new promotion for sticking with it as they could have just pulled up sticks and walked away cutting their losses... 

Regards
THJ

• Like 7

Love a bit of honesty, however painful it might be for some. ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

on a brighter side of things , just watching football on BT sport between bishops stortford  v st. albans city (fa cup q) and there is a good sized crowd. about the size a speedway meeting would get .

so looks like we may see some speedway in 2021,with fans in grounds .  fingers crossed . 

1 hour ago, jenga said:

on a brighter side of things , just watching football on BT sport between bishops stortford  v st. albans city (fa cup q) and there is a good sized crowd. about the size a speedway meeting would get .

so looks like we may see some speedway in 2021,with fans in grounds .  fingers crossed . 

But, no crowds allowed at any 1st round proper match.....

5 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

You couldn't make this up.... NEWSPEED 2003 LTD the company behind your beloved Speedway team Newcastle Diamonds are going into Liquidation

Yep that's right liquidation; I bet when Rob Grant bought out the club from the old promotion he didn't reckon on this "Pan of Pony" 

As a sponsor I have had the heads up and I was asked what I wanted to do with regard to my sponsorship monies I have paid and I have (of course) just asked to "let it ride" for the next season we run as Rob has apparently started a new company called Newcastle Diamonds Limited...

I would assume this offer will be the same for season ticket holders who will be offered either their cash back as a refund or given the opportunity to let them role over for the next full season we have; with not only the new promotion but a whole new company. More on this later...

It is the Liquidators duty and role to look after creditors of the old business and a report will be going into the London Gazette (I think its called) which identifies the company and the reasons as to why they have been liquidated' and what happens next.

Now I cant go into to much detail yet as everyone is being diplomatic and not giving much away when I have asked for further information and there are of course the "Libel Laws" to consider; however it would appear that in the operating and day to day running of the club it was brought to Rob's attention that there was a bit of an anomaly (so to speak) in the previous accounts and HMRC wanted a word.

When this "anomaly" was explained to the new owner he had no other option but to fold the old business to protect himself and his good name; however I am expecting certain people to be interviewed from our friends at HMRC and possibly under caution...

You can see the NEWSPEED 2003 LTD accounts on line on the Companies House web site...

I am certainly not a happy chappie for various reasons but I bet Rob Grant is bouncing... So remember the old tag line and in "whom" we were asked to put our trust in... looks like they have left an absolute mess financially. 

But never mind I have the fullest confidence in Rob and his team to pull this around but after all the rhetoric from the previous promotion it certainly leaves a bad taste in the mouth that's for sure... and especially after I was called worse than a pick-pocket by one or two of them and their cronies only for 1. to be not only proved right to what I was saying but 2. totally exonerated after pumping thousands into their pockets when I thought I was helping the club it looks like I have been funding other things not always speedway related. What a shower

I for one am totally behind Grant and his new regime; its a breath of fresh air compared to the previous lot...

Its maybe a good thing that swear words aren't allowed on here as the whole post would have been redacted...

Once again it looks like I am the harbinger of doom and gloom however its isn't that bad for the club as a whole as Rob Grant is doing an awful lot of positive work behind the scenes.. "What for" I am not sure but fair play to the new promotion for sticking with it as they could have just pulled up sticks and walked away cutting their losses... 

Regards
THJ

Wow & we thought covid 19 was bad !! HMRC is worse especially when they'll want there cut or 2 from none payment... 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, StevePark said:

But, no crowds allowed at any 1st round proper match.....

steve , so whats the reason behind that ruling . that crowd could be classed as a spreader of the virus . may be speedway should just hold challenge meetings and open championships . could that be a way around it ?

17 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Wow & we thought covid 19 was bad !! HMRC is worse especially when they'll want there cut or 2 from none payment... 

Well with the country being in a hole financially due to Covid and the government being strapped for cash...

The HMRC will be looking for as much as they can get... Also did you know the HMRC can charge interest on monies owed...

So I would suggest if NEWSPEED 2003 LTD are being investigated by the HMRC for anomalies going back to 2013 there could be a fair amount of interest to be added...

You never know Garritty could be getting a cell mate for Easter whose also interested in Speedway... or will the Prison Warder be giving his ex promoting partner bed and breakfast for a few month? Now that woukd be funny...

LOL what's that saying again... he who laughs last laughs longest... ho ho ho... only 60 days to Christmas...

But genuinely Rob Grant is the guy I feel sorry for... bought the thing in good faith and told all the bills were settled and there was nothing else to pay out then all these things start coming out the woodwork like riders not paid and still owed wages from the previous season... BSPA bills not paid and potentially a whopping HMRC bill including an investigation and now he is having to buy back all the plant and assets off the liquidator so he can run the new business... the old promotion have alot of questions to answer and where we aa fans never got a straight reply to any question and looked down upon when they run the spot they will have to answer the HMRC questions... or it will be Go To Jail Go directly to Jail. Do not pass GO, do not collect £200

Regards 

THJ

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

Regards
THJ

Dodgy Speedway Promotions- never.!!!!!. Hope it all works out ok for Rob Grant and Newcastle though.

• Like 4