British Speedway Forum

12 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Dodgy Speedway Promotions- never.!!!!!. Hope it all works out ok for Rob Grant and Newcastle though.

Honestly

Not only dodgy but sanctimonious to boot preaching about the morals and ethics on the wrong doings of Workington...

Looks like them chickens have come home to roost... big style...

Regards 

THJ 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Love a bit of honesty, however painful it might be for some. ;)

Could be painful in the back end if a term at BIG hoos in Durham is on the horizon...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, pienpeesman said:

Could be painful in the back end if a term at BIG hoos in Durham is on the horizon...

Aye, best take your own soap, on a rope incase ye drop it!!! :unsure:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

So are we saying the ‘ previous Promotions ‘ never paid their bills, so ‘ Gentleman George ‘ was NOT such a gentleman ?

22 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

You couldn't make this up.... NEWSPEED 2003 LTD the company behind your beloved Speedway team Newcastle Diamonds are going into Liquidation

Yep that's right liquidation; I bet when Rob Grant bought out the club from the old promotion he didn't reckon on this "Pan of Pony" 

As a sponsor I have had the heads up and I was asked what I wanted to do with regard to my sponsorship monies I have paid and I have (of course) just asked to "let it ride" for the next season we run as Rob has apparently started a new company called Newcastle Diamonds Limited...

I would assume this offer will be the same for season ticket holders who will be offered either their cash back as a refund or given the opportunity to let them role over for the next full season we have; with not only the new promotion but a whole new company. More on this later...

It is the Liquidators duty and role to look after creditors of the old business and a report will be going into the London Gazette (I think its called) which identifies the company and the reasons as to why they have been liquidated' and what happens next.

Now I cant go into to much detail yet as everyone is being diplomatic and not giving much away when I have asked for further information and there are of course the "Libel Laws" to consider; however it would appear that in the operating and day to day running of the club it was brought to Rob's attention that there was a bit of an anomaly (so to speak) in the previous accounts and HMRC wanted a word.

When this "anomaly" was explained to the new owner he had no other option but to fold the old business to protect himself and his good name; however I am expecting certain people to be interviewed from our friends at HMRC and possibly under caution...

You can see the NEWSPEED 2003 LTD accounts on line on the Companies House web site...

I am certainly not a happy chappie for various reasons but I bet Rob Grant is bouncing... So remember the old tag line and in "whom" we were asked to put our trust in... looks like they have left an absolute mess financially. 

But never mind I have the fullest confidence in Rob and his team to pull this around but after all the rhetoric from the previous promotion it certainly leaves a bad taste in the mouth that's for sure... and especially after I was called worse than a pick-pocket by one or two of them and their cronies only for 1. to be not only proved right to what I was saying but 2. totally exonerated after pumping thousands into their pockets when I thought I was helping the club it looks like I have been funding other things not always speedway related. What a shower

I for one am totally behind Grant and his new regime; its a breath of fresh air compared to the previous lot...

Its maybe a good thing that swear words aren't allowed on here as the whole post would have been redacted...

Once again it looks like I am the harbinger of doom and gloom however its isn't that bad for the club as a whole as Rob Grant is doing an awful lot of positive work behind the scenes.. "What for" I am not sure but fair play to the new promotion for sticking with it as they could have just pulled up sticks and walked away cutting their losses... 

Regards
THJ

Sad, very sad.. but not surprising!!
I walked away about 4/5 years ago after going for best part of 35 years home and away. Some on here called me worse than sh!te. Whenever i spoke up as a fan you were told how marvelous they are and how grateful we should be.. It was like the freemasons and a them and us set up, had various conversations with promoters and it was obvious the fans were taken for granted and i seen it with my own eyes!! Those that were in the clique were so far up each others ar5es yet were treat like royalty by most. “idiot the fans” was one promoters response to it being pointed out that it was freezing cold and kids were standing around still waiting for a meeting to start 25mins after it was meant to, the charging for the car park that is free at any other time at Brough also rankled, as did the freeloading through the pit gate for mates of the clique. They just expected the merry band of loyal fans to Comply..If they have sold a business and hidden debt from the buyer then the deserve everything they get.

Its sheer arrogance and incompetence... and dont even mention the control they wanted over the supporters club a few years ago!!

Good luck Rob, you will need it and it will be interesting to hear and see if the usual hangers on have the Bollox to comment? As they certainly had the bollox to defend them whenever i piped up in the past.

Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, Arson fire said:

Good luck Rob, you will need it and it will be interesting to hear and see if the usual hangers on have the Bollox to comment? As they certainly had the bollox to defend them whenever i piped up in the past

Honestly 

Spot on and couldn't agree more with everything you have stated...

However as it's under new management now you should reconsider your self imposed exile and give it another go... after all you did enjoy your speedway to be fair....

Also you are not the first one to say now the old guard has gone they were prepared to give Rob Grant a second chance...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly 

Spot on and couldn't agree more with everything you have stated...

However as it's under new management now you should reconsider your self imposed exile and give it another go... after all you did enjoy your speedway to be fair....

Also you are not the first one to say now the old guard has gone they were prepared to give Rob Grant a second chance...

Regards 

THJ 

Certainly will.

• Like 2

Good luck to Rob Grant with this situation , does not look good for the future especially with the Covid virus and having to find a new track !!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

You couldn't make this up.... NEWSPEED 2003 LTD the company behind your beloved Speedway team Newcastle Diamonds are going into Liquidation

Yep that's right liquidation; I bet when Rob Grant bought out the club from the old promotion he didn't reckon on this "Pan of Pony" 

As a sponsor I have had the heads up and I was asked what I wanted to do with regard to my sponsorship monies I have paid and I have (of course) just asked to "let it ride" for the next season we run as Rob has apparently started a new company called Newcastle Diamonds Limited...

I would assume this offer will be the same for season ticket holders who will be offered either their cash back as a refund or given the opportunity to let them role over for the next full season we have; with not only the new promotion but a whole new company. More on this later...

It is the Liquidators duty and role to look after creditors of the old business and a report will be going into the London Gazette (I think its called) which identifies the company and the reasons as to why they have been liquidated' and what happens next.

Now I cant go into to much detail yet as everyone is being diplomatic and not giving much away when I have asked for further information and there are of course the "Libel Laws" to consider; however it would appear that in the operating and day to day running of the club it was brought to Rob's attention that there was a bit of an anomaly (so to speak) in the previous accounts and HMRC wanted a word.

When this "anomaly" was explained to the new owner he had no other option but to fold the old business to protect himself and his good name; however I am expecting certain people to be interviewed from our friends at HMRC and possibly under caution...

You can see the NEWSPEED 2003 LTD accounts on line on the Companies House web site...

I am certainly not a happy chappie for various reasons but I bet Rob Grant is bouncing... So remember the old tag line and in "whom" we were asked to put our trust in... looks like they have left an absolute mess financially. 

But never mind I have the fullest confidence in Rob and his team to pull this around but after all the rhetoric from the previous promotion it certainly leaves a bad taste in the mouth that's for sure... and especially after I was called worse than a pick-pocket by one or two of them and their cronies only for 1. to be not only proved right to what I was saying but 2. totally exonerated after pumping thousands into their pockets when I thought I was helping the club it looks like I have been funding other things not always speedway related. What a shower

I for one am totally behind Grant and his new regime; its a breath of fresh air compared to the previous lot...

Its maybe a good thing that swear words aren't allowed on here as the whole post would have been redacted...

Once again it looks like I am the harbinger of doom and gloom however its isn't that bad for the club as a whole as Rob Grant is doing an awful lot of positive work behind the scenes.. "What for" I am not sure but fair play to the new promotion for sticking with it as they could have just pulled up sticks and walked away cutting their losses... 

Regards
THJ

I can’t find anything anywhere (other than here) on this. Nothing lodged as yet in Companies House. Can you post a link, please?

Press Release
Speedway Liquidation
Newspeed 2003 Limited, the company behind the Newcastle Speedway team, is to go into Liquidation.
The Liquidator, Greg Whitehead of Northpoint Insolvency Practitioners, commented ‘the combined impact of Covid and historical HMRC liabilities has led the current director to place the Company into Liquidation.
Rob Grant, who is the current sole Director of the Company having been appointed last in 2019 added: ‘Liabilities arising from an HMRC investigation, covering the period before I became a Director, mean that there is no alternative but to wind the company up, but it is hopeful that speedway in the area will continue through a new company.
' It is every intention the new company will honour the benefits of season tickets already purchased aswell as any sponsorship.'
End
27 October 2020
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I can’t find anything anywhere (other than here) on this. Nothing lodged as yet in Companies House. Can you post a link, please?

It may not have happened yet but it will and when it does go you will find it in The (London) Gazette and the link is below

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/

Oh and since you asked I have been back on myself to The (London) Gazette site and found no other than the following on the link posted below on the 5th October 2010 which would have been the last time NEWSPEED LIMITED were wound up and NEWSPEED 2003 LIMITED rose out of the ashes I would imagine... but never mind here is your starter for 10

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/L-59566-1217074

I am guessing there will be a press release very soon as it must be imminent... just keep watching your local media channels and as sure as I am a fat lad something will break very soon... Honest...

Regards
THJ

By lad that Screm was quick off the mark Jesus... LOL

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

It may not have happened yet but it will and when it does go you will find it in The (London) Gazette and the link is below

Oh and since you asked I have been back on myself to The (London) Gazette site and found no other than the following on the link posted below on the 5th October 2010 which would have been the last time NEWSPEED LIMITED were wound up and NEWSPEED 2003 LIMITED rose out of the ashes I would imagine... but never mind here is your starter for 10

I am guessing there will be a press release very soon as it must be imminent... just keep watching your local media channels and as sure as I am a fat lad something will break very soon... Honest...

Regards
THJ

Trapping gloves at the ready ;)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Arson fire said:

Sad, very sad.. but not surprising!!
I walked away about 4/5 years ago after going for best part of 35 years home and away. Some on here called me worse than sh!te. Whenever i spoke up as a fan you were told how marvelous they are and how grateful we should be.. It was like the freemasons and a them and us set up, had various conversations with promoters and it was obvious the fans were taken for granted and i seen it with my own eyes!! Those that were in the clique were so far up each others ar5es yet were treat like royalty by most. “idiot the fans” was one promoters response to it being pointed out that it was freezing cold and kids were standing around still waiting for a meeting to start 25mins after it was meant to, the charging for the car park that is free at any other time at Brough also rankled, as did the freeloading through the pit gate for mates of the clique. They just expected the merry band of loyal fans to Comply..If they have sold a business and hidden debt from the buyer then the deserve everything they get.

Its sheer arrogance and incompetence... and dont even mention the control they wanted over the supporters club a few years ago!!

Good luck Rob, you will need it and it will be interesting to hear and see if the usual hangers on have the Bollox to comment? As they certainly had the bollox to defend them whenever i piped up in the past.

It will be very interesting how many hangers on will go when they have to pay to get in .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards
THJ

Bit surprised to see this. I told Geoge and Darryl  I intended to retire from Newspeed Ltd in 2003, and I actually gave all my controlling shares free to Daryll. It was me that suggested the new name with 2003 being added as I had read that Bournemouth FC 1964 ? had done it to carry over the goodwill with continued  smoother running. Since that time the club has been operating as Newspeed Ltd 2003. Why the original company was not wound up until 2010 puzzles me, as it would not have been trading after 2003. 

Edited by Tsunami