British Speedway Forum

8 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Currently Danes don’t need visa’s as part of the EU. and no rule changes in place...as yet!

Is there a difference between a rider needing a 'sponsor' and a rider needing a work permit?

3 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Is there a difference between a rider needing a 'sponsor' and a rider needing a work permit?

Clubs are the ‘ sponsor ‘ so they need an employment permit , then the rider needs a visa to work.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

He will need a Visa as a Dane after Jan 1 regardless of what happens with Brexit...

Regards 

THJ 

Yeah, a thought something like that. 

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

You have 8.11 for a Johnny Foreigner and 8.31 for a Brit... 

Isn't the point that we can't have a 'Johnny Foreigner'??

I doubt Mr Godfrey's super 16 includes any 8 point non work permit riders. Then if Newcastle can't employ Vissing that would be us looking for two riders at a combined average of c17 points, who don't require a work permit........  realistically the Diamonds need the points limit reduced to be competitive.

Does anyone know what the situation is regards permits for doubling up riders? Do both clubs need a license or if Vissing got a Premiership slot (as he was being touted for recently) could he ride for Newcastle using the visa from the other club?

That might solve the problem and might mean we can sign another 'Johnny Foreigner'.

8 minutes ago, enotian said:

Isn't the point that we can't have a 'Johnny Foreigner'??

I doubt Mr Godfrey's super 16 includes any 8 point non work permit riders. Then if Newcastle can't employ Vissing that would be us looking for two riders at a combined average of c17 points, who don't require a work permit........  realistically the Diamonds need the points limit reduced to be competitive.

Does anyone know what the situation is regards permits for doubling up riders? Do both clubs need a license or if Vissing got a Premiership slot (as he was being touted for recently) could he ride for Newcastle using the visa from the other club?

That might solve the problem and might mean we can sign another 'Johnny Foreigner'.

Maybe Newcastle are tapping up riders who allegedly are staying with their 2020 teams!

11 minutes ago, lewy said:

Maybe Newcastle are tapping up riders who allegedly are staying with their 2020 teams!

Honestly?...

Maybe they can't get anyone else and have to declare a side 3, 4 or 5 points under the build level... which has major implications for crowd retention if they struggle to be competitive...

The crucial factor will be if Rob Grant can successfully get a sponsors licence for the new season and if not what the best options are for putting out a competitive team...

Unless you have heard something lewy...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1

There used to be a 'minimum' points limit.  Does that still exist?

19 minutes ago, StevePark said:

There used to be a 'minimum' points limit.  Does that still exist?

Honestly don't know if it does still exist Steve to be fair but it wouldn't be a bad idea...

Regards 

THJ

• Thanks 1

Claus will be able to apply for Frontier Worker status as EU citizens who have been regularly employed or self employed in the UK can continue to do so. The 2 new lads have never worked in the UK so can’t. 
This would allow us to potentially sign an EU citizen who has ridden in the UK regularly. 
This is different to a new work permit. Was on the news at the weekend

Edited by Brough Diamond
  • Like 4

Whatever team rob & the rest of the promotion get on track hopefully will be a team of 100%ers & ride with pride & that will do for me

Edited by pienpeesman
Error
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Brough Diamond said:

Claus will be able to apply for Frontier Worker status as EU citizens who have been regularly employed or self employed in the UK can continue to do so. The 2 new lads have never worked in the UK so can’t. 
This would allow us to potentially sign an EU citizen who has ridden in the UK regularly. 
This is different to a new work permit. Was on the news at the weekend

Cheers. Firstly for the informed response but also for letting me know it might be okay to watch the news again if they're reporting facts again instead of predictions (that stop me going for a pint)

Another good fb post from the promoter. Why the bloke hasnt just walked I'll never know. Might not end up with a competitive team but it's an interesting one for sure. Look forward to seeing it in action, fingers crossed.

• Like 3

On 12/7/2020 at 10:07 PM, StevePark said:

Adam Roynon replaces Ondrej Smetana:

I have nothing but great respect for Adam. Glad to see he's got fixed up close to home. He's salt of the earth and earned a vast number of fans in his short spell at Sheffield. Hope he has a great season and remains injury-free (for once!)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 4thbender said:

I have nothing but great respect for Adam. Glad to see he's got fixed up close to home. He's salt of the earth and earned a vast number of fans in his short spell at Sheffield. Hope he has a great season and remains injury-free (for once!)

And that is the problem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

And that is the problem.

agree ,and at his age and with previous injuries not a great decision to race again IMO. Wish him the best of luck though.

7 hours ago, 4thbender said:

Close to home?