British Speedway Forum

Honestly 

Bored with Covid; Bored with Christmas and that hasn't happened yet and don't even mention Brexit and as for New Year!!! Bah Humbug... if we aren't locked down by December 31st I have a table booked for a few pints and a substantial meal on New Years Eve at a local Cumbrian hospitality venue and I have just been told its last orders at 10PM and all out by 11PM with no exceptions... well whoop-idy-doop and a Happy New Year? there's nowt happy about that but never mind; just got to plough on and make the best of it and if we are locked in for New Years Eve the local Pizza Shop better be well stocked up...

So anyhow this has set me off thinking (always a bad idea I know but here goes) and with all this talk about Adam Roynon and what he will and wont do at Newcastle 2021 (and anywhere near his 2012 form would do nicely for me) but I definitely think it could be a good move for both rider and club...

I remember a 2012 meeting when Royno would have went through the card if it wasn't for a slight Hiccup in his 3rd ride

PL KO Cup - Semi - Finals - 1st Leg

Newcastle Diamonds = 54
1. Stuart Robson - 1 , 2 , 3 , 1' = 7+1
2. Claes Nedermark - 3 , 1' , 3 , 1 = 8+1
3. Mark Lemon - 2 , 1' , 1' , 3 , 2 = 9+2
4. Christian Henry - 0 , 2 , 2 , 2' = 6+1
5. Ludvig Lindgren - 2 , 2' , 1 , 2 = 7+1
6. Paul Starke (Guest) - 2' , 3 , F/X , MPT = 5+1
7. Michael Palm Toft (Guest) - 3 , 1' , 2' , 2' , 3 , 1' = 12+4

Workington Comets = 36
1. Richard Lawson - 2 , 3 , 3 , 2' , 0 = 10+1
2. Tero Aarnio - 0 , 0 , 1 , 2 , 3 , 0 = 6
3. R/R for Rene Bach - RL = 3 , AR = R , TA = 2 , KH = 1 = 6
4. Adam McKinna (Guest) - 1 , 1 , 0 , 0 = 2
5. Adam Roynon - 3 , 3 , R , 3 , 3 , 3 = 15
6. Ashley Morris - 1 , 0 , 0 , 0 = 1
7. Kyle Howarth - F/X , 0 , 0 , 1 , 1 = 2

Just for the record he didn't do to badly at Worky in the second leg either with Robbo the only rider to lower his colours in heat 13

PL KO Cup - Semi - Finals - 2nd Leg

Workington Comets = 51 (87)

1. Richard Lawson - 3 2' 3 1' = 9+2
2. R/R for Kenny Ingalls - (AM 0) (KH 3) (TA ) (KH 1)
3. Rene Bach - 2 2 3 3 0 = 10
4. Tero Aarnio - 1' 0 1' 2 EX = 4+2
5. Adam Roynon - 3 3 3 2 3 = 14
6. Ashley Morris - 0 0 EX 0 = 0
7. Kyle Howarth - 2 2' 3 2 1 2' 2 = 14+2

Newcastle Diamonds = 39 (93)

1. Stuart Robson - 1' 3 2 3 2 =11+1
2. Claes Nedermark - 2 1 3 1' 1' = 8+2
3. Mark Lemon - 0 1' 2 1 = 4+1
4. Christian Henry - 3 2 0 1 = 6
5. Ludvig Lindgren - 1 1 1 0 = 3
6. Paul Starke (Guest) - 1 0 0 = 1
7. Michael Palm Toft (Guest) - 3 0 0 0 3 = 6

Oh and just for info this was the meeting where it was released on the Speedway Updates website by the Updater with the statement that "Just announced at track Worky to continue next year Keith Denham to retire and a new promoter taking over Laura Morgan" Who was to know where that would have ended up in 2018 with an alleged "Mickey Mouse Team" eh!!!.

Anyway signing Royno could be one of the shrewdest moves ever made by Rob Grant and his team and be a tremendous success or backfire in spectacular fashion like the Andrew Tully signing when poor old Andy come a cropper in his last lap on his last practice ride on press and practice day and missed most of the 2013 season.

Hopefully its the former and not the latter but there will be an awful lot of folk willing him on to do well that's for sure...

Isn't Speedway great... Good luck Adam and the first pints are on you...

Regards
THJ

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly 

Bored with Covid; Bored with Christmas and that hasn't happened yet and don't even mention Brexit and as for New Year!!! Bah Humbug... if we aren't locked down by December 31st I have a table booked for a few pints and a substantial meal on New Years Eve at a local Cumbrian hospitality venue and I have just been told its last orders at 10PM and all out by 11PM with no exceptions... well whoop-idy-doop and a Happy New Year? there's nowt happy about that but never mind; just got to plough on and make the best of it and if we are locked in for New Years Eve the local Pizza Shop better be well stocked up...

So anyhow this has set me off thinking (always a bad idea I know but here goes) and with all this talk about Adam Roynon and what he will and wont do at Newcastle 2021 (and anywhere near his 2012 form would do nicely for me) but I definitely think it could be a good move for both rider and club...

I remember a 2012 meeting when Royno would have went through the card if it wasn't for a slight Hiccup in his 3rd ride

PL KO Cup - Semi - Finals - 1st Leg

Newcastle Diamonds = 54
1. Stuart Robson - 1 , 2 , 3 , 1' = 7+1
2. Claes Nedermark - 3 , 1' , 3 , 1 = 8+1
3. Mark Lemon - 2 , 1' , 1' , 3 , 2 = 9+2
4. Christian Henry - 0 , 2 , 2 , 2' = 6+1
5. Ludvig Lindgren - 2 , 2' , 1 , 2 = 7+1
6. Paul Starke (Guest) - 2' , 3 , F/X , MPT = 5+1
7. Michael Palm Toft (Guest) - 3 , 1' , 2' , 2' , 3 , 1' = 12+4

Workington Comets = 36
1. Richard Lawson - 2 , 3 , 3 , 2' , 0 = 10+1
2. Tero Aarnio - 0 , 0 , 1 , 2 , 3 , 0 = 6
3. R/R for Rene Bach - RL = 3 , AR = R , TA = 2 , KH = 1 = 6
4. Adam McKinna (Guest) - 1 , 1 , 0 , 0 = 2
5. Adam Roynon - 3 , 3 , R , 3 , 3 , 3 = 15
6. Ashley Morris - 1 , 0 , 0 , 0 = 1
7. Kyle Howarth - F/X , 0 , 0 , 1 , 1 = 2

Just for the record he didn't do to badly at Worky in the second leg either with Robbo the only rider to lower his colours in heat 13

PL KO Cup - Semi - Finals - 2nd Leg

Workington Comets = 51 (87)

1. Richard Lawson - 3 2' 3 1' = 9+2
2. R/R for Kenny Ingalls - (AM 0) (KH 3) (TA ) (KH 1)
3. Rene Bach - 2 2 3 3 0 = 10
4. Tero Aarnio - 1' 0 1' 2 EX = 4+2
5. Adam Roynon - 3 3 3 2 3 = 14
6. Ashley Morris - 0 0 EX 0 = 0
7. Kyle Howarth - 2 2' 3 2 1 2' 2 = 14+2

Newcastle Diamonds = 39 (93)

1. Stuart Robson - 1' 3 2 3 2 =11+1
2. Claes Nedermark - 2 1 3 1' 1' = 8+2
3. Mark Lemon - 0 1' 2 1 = 4+1
4. Christian Henry - 3 2 0 1 = 6
5. Ludvig Lindgren - 1 1 1 0 = 3
6. Paul Starke (Guest) - 1 0 0 = 1
7. Michael Palm Toft (Guest) - 3 0 0 0 3 = 6

Oh and just for info this was the meeting where it was released on the Speedway Updates website by the Updater with the statement that "Just announced at track Worky to continue next year Keith Denham to retire and a new promoter taking over Laura Morgan" Who was to know where that would have ended up in 2018 with an alleged "Mickey Mouse Team" eh!!!.

Anyway signing Royno could be one of the shrewdest moves ever made by Rob Grant and his team and be a tremendous success or backfire in spectacular fashion like the Andrew Tully signing when poor old Andy come a cropper in his last lap on his last practice ride on press and practice day and missed most of the 2013 season.

Hopefully its the former and not the latter but there will be an awful lot of folk willing him on to do well that's for sure...

Isn't Speedway great... Good luck Adam and the first pints are on you...

Regards
THJ

If we get some speedway in 21, al buy you a pint.  :t:

• Thanks 1

Possibly, just possibly, Wright and Roynon could click and be a magnificent reserve pairing. Here’s hoping.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Possibly, just possibly, Wright and Roynon could click and be a magnificent reserve pairing. Here’s hoping.

Wright and roynon last time they rode competitively was for Plymouth,don't expect to much especially from Wright.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Just one!!!!

Okay al hold ya to that...

All the best Ruff...

Regards
THJ

Yes, U2,,, av a feeling my money is safe like. ;)

Hopefully not tho.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, lewy said:

Wright and roynon last time they rode competitively was for Plymouth,don't expect to much especially from Wright.

Lewy lewy lewy you miserable little twonk... you know better than most that Spedway is a confidence game more than most other sports and James "The Whippet" Wright will hit the ground running...

Who knows if we start in the May or June (I think April will be to much of an ask) he could be at No5 by the time the August averages come out and the last link in the chain at present our missing new number 5 could be at reserve... just think what the new/old No 5 will be earning at reserve banging in double figure scores... Big Money...

Funny old sport Speedway... lewy... in-it?

Regards 

THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Lewy lewy lewy you miserable little twonk... you know better than most that Spedway is a confidence game more than most other sports and James "The Whippet" Wright will hit the ground running...

Who knows if we start in the May or June (I think April will be to much of an ask) he could be at No5 by the time the August averages come out and the last link in the chain at present our missing new number 5 could be at reserve... just think what the new/old No 5 will be earning at reserve banging in double figure scores... Big Money...

Funny old sport Speedway... lewy... in-it?

Regards 

THJ

TWONK lol both riders are great guys but will be surprised if they achieve anything higher than a 4pt average .

18 minutes ago, lewy said:

TWONK lol both riders are great guys but will be surprised if they achieve anything higher than a 4pt average .

Just being polite me old pal... I have called you worse over a pint... honestly...

However to be totally honest I think both of them are good enough to put a point (and maybe a half more) on those starting averages... however being realistic it will take a great deal of effort for both of them to click over a 5 average but that's all it takes to end up with a successful team... and to be fair they are both capable of doing that...

Everyone wants a rider to smash double points in every meeting/week but if the other 6 aren't doing the business it's no good... if your 7 can all put half a point on their starting average you have cracked it and you are in with a shout of making a final or two... although that can be harder than it sounds upping an average by half a point...

The other thing is who we get at No5 and he will have a big impact on how Roynon and Wright do... you know someone who will look out for his Marra!!! Pity Stu Robson has retired because he would be just the guy to back up these guys... I could think of one or two others who could fit the bill but it currently looks like those guys are spoken for unless there are some changes on the starting line ups...

Who knows lewy... who knows...

Regards 

THJ 

21 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Just being polite me old pal... I have called you worse over a pint... honestly...

However to be totally honest I think both of them are good enough to put a point (and maybe a half more) on those starting averages... however being realistic it will take a great deal of effort for both of them to click over a 5 average but that's all it takes to end up with a successful team... and to be fair they are both capable of doing that...

Everyone wants a rider to smash double points in every meeting/week but if the other 6 aren't doing the business it's no good... if your 7 can all put half a point on their starting average you have cracked it and you are in with a shout of making a final or two... although that can be harder than it sounds upping an average by half a point...

The other thing is who we get at No5 and he will have a big impact on how Roynon and Wright do... you know someone who will look out for his Marra!!! Pity Stu Robson has retired because he would be just the guy to back up these guys... I could think of one or two others who could fit the bill but it currently looks like those guys are spoken for unless there are some changes on the starting line ups...

Who knows lewy... who knows...

Regards 

THJ 

Yes who knows!!!!

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, lewy said:

Yes who knows!!!!

Love this banter with you 2 but I wonder who KNOWS who the last 1 of the magnificent 7 will be 

31 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Love this banter with you 2 but I wonder who KNOWS who the last 1 of the magnificent 7 will be 

Yul find out in 2021 !

1 hour ago, Justgotmecpc said:

I'm not sure the promotion even know yet... ask Dandelion who she fancies that's always good for a laugh... and I'm keeping Mum as I was the Panto Villain this time last year and definitely not spilling the beans with who it could be but his name is an anagram of Ben Reach...

Regards 

THJ...

• Haha 2