British Speedway Forum

58 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Aye, ye just can't get the staff these days ;)

Not if you do not pay the wages lol

Actually quite enjoyed this year, but maybe a bit of a shake up is needed... Lemme have a go, and see what gets picked apart first... I'm building based on a 40.00 average (Who knows what it'll be) and all British riders getting a 2.5% reduction

1. Aaron Summers - 7.51 - If the rumours of Berwick moving up are true... He'll need a new Championship team, he riders very well at Brough and would be a solid number 1

2. Broc Nicol - 5.16 - Same as Summers, except I think the whole league will be after him... Unless someone already has him and I dunno?

3. Kyle Howarth - 6.97 - Same as above but maybe not the most realistic... Tero, Matty or Rene would be nice alternatives

4. Ulrich Ostergaard - 5.98 - Been amazing since signing for us and I think he would do a great job at 3 or 4 partnered with someone solid, maybe even Steve and Howarth at 5?

5. Steve Worrall - 7.38 - Captain again? I know he struggled a little last year, but he's Steve Worrall... He'll come back to the rider we all know and love... Just hope Leicester don't come knocking

6. Max Clegg - 4.92 - Would be the best reserve in the league, I can tell that already, great rider is Max, please come back next year

7. 2.08? (Or 2.20 if Tero at 3?) - Can't fit Danny in with the rest of the team, but honestly I see him being our first signing next year, wouldn't be awful, but I'd rather have the other 6

Danny would fit at 7 if Tero is the rider at 3?

Also I'd love to see Ashley Morris return, but where? Maybe as an alternative to Max if he moves on? Or instead of Broc Nicol because there's no chance of us signing him?

Just initial thoughts...

Edited by Dandelion

6 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Actually quite enjoyed this year, but maybe a bit of a shake up is needed... Lemme have a go, and see what gets picked apart first... I'm building based on a 40.00 average (Who knows what it'll be) and all British riders getting a 2.5% reduction

1. Aaron Summers - 7.51 - If the rumours of Berwick moving up are true... He'll need a new Championship team, he riders very well at Brough and would be a solid number 1

2. Broc Nicol - 5.16 - Same as Summers, except I think the whole league will be after him... Unless someone already has him and I dunno?

3. Kyle Howarth - 6.97 - Same as above but maybe not the most realistic... Tero, Matty or Rene would be nice alternatives

4. Ulrich Ostergaard - 5.98 - Been amazing since signing for us and I think he would do a great job at 3 or 4 partnered with someone solid, maybe even Steve and Howarth at 5?

5. Steve Worrall - 7.38 - Captain again? I know he struggled a little last year, but he's Steve Worrall... He'll come back to the rider we all know and love... Just hope Leicester don't come knocking

6. Max Clegg - 4.92 - Would be the best reserve in the league, I can tell that already, great rider is Max, please come back next year

7. 2.08? (Or 2.20 if Tero at 3?) - Can't fit Danny in with the rest of the team, but honestly I see him being our first signing next year, wouldn't be awful, but I'd rather have the other 6

Also I'd love to see Ashley Morris return, but where? Maybe as an alternative to Max if he moves on? Or instead of Broc Nicol because there's no chance of us signing him?

Just initial thoughts...

Like the look of this team but I doubt your number 5 will be back & the 1st 3 on the list will be elsewhere I imagine

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Hot drinks - biccys keep you going 

Don't think that'll cut it these days mate.

7 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Just initial thoughts...

Honestly

"Actually quite enjoyed this year",  Honestly and I genuinely mean that Honestly!!!.... you are easily pleased "maybe a bit of a shake up is needed"  you are not wrong there... "Lemme have a go, and see what gets picked apart first"  Well here goes picking... "I'm building based on a 40.00 average (Who knows what it'll be)"  So if you don't know what it will be; why bother as you will have the full picture by the second week of November some 3 weeks away "and all British riders getting a 2.5% reduction" Why? and I mean Why!!! why bother...

1. Aaron Summers - 7.51 - If the rumours of Berwick moving up are true... "Berwick are not moving up and Spud will be back at Berwick so that's the end of that one" He'll need a new Championship team, "no he won't" he riders very well at Brough and would be a solid number 1 "Scratch this one"

2. Broc Nicol - 5.16 - Same as Summers, except I think the whole league will be after him... Unless someone already has him and I dunno? "Someone has already got him, Scratch this one"

3. Kyle Howarth - 6.97 - Same as above but maybe not the most realistic... Tero, Matty or Rene would be nice alternatives "Now this is an interesting aspiration with Sheffield moving up. However I would suggest Kyle will be in great demand on his average and will be spoilt for choice on a team place but is someone who I would like to see at Brough" On your last three nice alternative choices "Tero No Chance he has signed for another team" "Matty will be a shoe in" and "Rene although never say never is a tad expensive for Newcastle I would suggest"

4. Ulrich Ostergaard - 5.98 - Been amazing since signing for us and I think he would do a great job at 3 or 4 partnered with someone solid, maybe even Steve and Howarth at 5? " "Ulrich is a definite may be and I wouldn't be surprised or upset if he came back next year"

5. Steve Worrall - 7.38 - Captain again? I know he struggled a little last year, but he's Steve Worrall... He'll come back to the rider we all know and love... Just hope Leicester don't come knocking "Leicester haven't been knocking but it is highly likely he will be away and I can see a bidding war over our adopted Geordie Mancunian starting (and Newcastle's pockets aren't as deep as they once were)" However I would welcome Steve back with open arms he is quality

6. Max Clegg - 4.92 - Would be the best reserve in the league, I can tell that already, great rider is Max, please come back next year "Well I think you have something right here"

7. 2.08? (Or 2.20 if Tero at 3?) - Can't fit Danny in with the rest of the team, but honestly I see him being our first signing next year, wouldn't be awful, but I'd rather have the other 6 It will be Danny, Danny will be back, Danny Danny Danny and as much as I don't want to see him back he will be, not for any reason other than he does not look comfortable at all going round Brough and its not good viewing whatsoever.

Danny would fit at 7 if Tero is the rider at 3? Forget Tero FFS

Also I'd love to see Ashley Morris return, Forget Ashley but where? Maybe as an alternative to Max if he moves on? Or instead of Broc Nicol Forget Broc because there's no chance of us signing him? Probably the most sensible comment you have made but you are still persevering with him

"Just initial thoughts"... These may be just initial thoughts but why bother? you are just sticking names on a list that as long as you have a hole in your backside will never become Newcastle riders plus you do not even know the parameters of what to build a/the team to? You can write to Santa with your wish list and you have as much chance of a response of him than you have of obtaining your wish list of riders notwithstanding the reasons of why you actually can not have them...

So sticking on the theme of ridiculous names on ridiculous wish lists I have put my thoughts down as the team I would like to see and can I impress I do not consider any of the team below to be ridiculous in the context of watching them in the past as they were all brilliant and total legends to Newcastle Speedway.... So I have had a go and lets see what gets picked apart from this team first...

1. Ivan Mauger
2. Kenni Larsen
3. Ole Olsen
4. Nicki Pedersen 
5. Anders Michanek
6. Tom Owen
7 Joe Owen

Promoter; Ian Thomas
Manager; Dave Rowland
Announcer; Barry (in the box) Wallace
Centre Green Announcer; Andrew (The Mackem) Dalby
Toilet Cleaner; Tea Boy: General Dogs Body: Pienpeesman

There you go pick away at that one, there are a multitude more "class acts" who I could have included but I have stuck to a tight team built average building the team to an average of 69 (cos its rude) and this team comes in at 68.74 so it fits. If only Dear Santa could deliver....

Finally can I ask "how hard is it to wait three weeks to see 1, What the team build parameters are and 2. once we know this you will find out who is available as several teams are complete or at least have 6 of their seven riders pencilled in so you will know who is left.

Martin Phillips done a good job last year putting together what IMHO were 7 good riders out on the track; the problem was they just did not gel as a team and unfortunately the results did not meet the expectation. It will be interesting to see which way he jumps with regards to building a team for next year...

Regards
THJ

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Well,,, after all of that, I must say that am disappointed to see that Robbie Blackadder never got a mention.

Also, I think Danny will be good for a 4 pt ave. come the end of 2020, given an injury free season at Newcastle.

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Well,,, after all of that, I must say that am disappointed to see that Robbie Blackadder never got a mention.

Also, I think Danny will be good for a 4 pt ave. come the end of 2020, given an injury free season at Newcastle.

He come very close as did Ludde...

Regards
THJ

2 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

He come very close as did Ludde...

Regards
THJ

That's not even worth a reply, but a just thought ad say what I think.

I would have Bjarne Pedersen over Kenni Larsen and also Jason Lyons,David Bargh, Rod Hunter and even Robert Lambert but that is just my opinion.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

"Actually quite enjoyed this year",  Honestly and I genuinely mean that Honestly!!!.... you are easily pleased "maybe a bit of a shake up is needed"  you are not wrong there... "Lemme have a go, and see what gets picked apart first"  Well here goes picking... "I'm building based on a 40.00 average (Who knows what it'll be)"  So if you don't know what it will be; why bother as you will have the full picture by the second week of November some 3 weeks away "and all British riders getting a 2.5% reduction" Why? and I mean Why!!! why bother...

1. Aaron Summers - 7.51 - If the rumours of Berwick moving up are true... "Berwick are not moving up and Spud will be back at Berwick so that's the end of that one" He'll need a new Championship team, "no he won't" he riders very well at Brough and would be a solid number 1 "Scratch this one"

2. Broc Nicol - 5.16 - Same as Summers, except I think the whole league will be after him... Unless someone already has him and I dunno? "Someone has already got him, Scratch this one"

3. Kyle Howarth - 6.97 - Same as above but maybe not the most realistic... Tero, Matty or Rene would be nice alternatives "Now this is an interesting aspiration with Sheffield moving up. However I would suggest Kyle will be in great demand on his average and will be spoilt for choice on a team place but is someone who I would like to see at Brough" On your last three nice alternative choices "Tero No Chance he has signed for another team" "Matty will be a shoe in" and "Rene although never say never is a tad expensive for Newcastle I would suggest"

4. Ulrich Ostergaard - 5.98 - Been amazing since signing for us and I think he would do a great job at 3 or 4 partnered with someone solid, maybe even Steve and Howarth at 5? " "Ulrich is a definite may be and I wouldn't be surprised or upset if he came back next year"

5. Steve Worrall - 7.38 - Captain again? I know he struggled a little last year, but he's Steve Worrall... He'll come back to the rider we all know and love... Just hope Leicester don't come knocking "Leicester haven't been knocking but it is highly likely he will be away and I can see a bidding war over our adopted Geordie Mancunian starting (and Newcastle's pockets aren't as deep as they once were)" However I would welcome Steve back with open arms he is quality

6. Max Clegg - 4.92 - Would be the best reserve in the league, I can tell that already, great rider is Max, please come back next year "Well I think you have something right here"

7. 2.08? (Or 2.20 if Tero at 3?) - Can't fit Danny in with the rest of the team, but honestly I see him being our first signing next year, wouldn't be awful, but I'd rather have the other 6 It will be Danny, Danny will be back, Danny Danny Danny and as much as I don't want to see him back he will be, not for any reason other than he does not look comfortable at all going round Brough and its not good viewing whatsoever.

Danny would fit at 7 if Tero is the rider at 3? Forget Tero FFS

Also I'd love to see Ashley Morris return, Forget Ashley but where? Maybe as an alternative to Max if he moves on? Or instead of Broc Nicol Forget Broc because there's no chance of us signing him? Probably the most sensible comment you have made but you are still persevering with him

"Just initial thoughts"... These may be just initial thoughts but why bother? you are just sticking names on a list that as long as you have a hole in your backside will never become Newcastle riders plus you do not even know the parameters of what to build a/the team to? You can write to Santa with your wish list and you have as much chance of a response of him than you have of obtaining your wish list of riders notwithstanding the reasons of why you actually can not have them...

So sticking on the theme of ridiculous names on ridiculous wish lists I have put my thoughts down as the team I would like to see and can I impress I do not consider any of the team below to be ridiculous in the context of watching them in the past as they were all brilliant and total legends to Newcastle Speedway.... So I have had a go and lets see what gets picked apart from this team first...

1. Ivan Mauger
2. Kenni Larsen
3. Ole Olsen
4. Nicki Pedersen 
5. Anders Michanek
6. Tom Owen
7 Joe Owen

Promoter; Ian Thomas
Manager; Dave Rowland
Announcer; Barry (in the box) Wallace
Centre Green Announcer; Andrew (The Mackem) Dalby
Toilet Cleaner; Tea Boy: General Dogs Body: Pienpeesman

There you go pick away at that one, there are a multitude more "class acts" who I could have included but I have stuck to a tight team built average building the team to an average of 69 (cos its rude) and this team comes in at 68.74 so it fits. If only Dear Santa could deliver....

Finally can I ask "how hard is it to wait three weeks to see 1, What the team build parameters are and 2. once we know this you will find out who is available as several teams are complete or at least have 6 of their seven riders pencilled in so you will know who is left.

Martin Phillips done a good job last year putting together what IMHO were 7 good riders out on the track; the problem was they just did not gel as a team and unfortunately the results did not meet the expectation. It will be interesting to see which way he jumps with regards to building a team for next year...

Regards
THJ

I'm sure you've wrote on some thread that certain teams basically have there sides sorted for next year but I can't find where? Genuine question if that is the case why can't the annual meeting be brought forward? And perhaps already done? Because judging by your post they basically know what the limit etc will be for next year.

27 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

I'm sure you've wrote on some thread that certain teams basically have there sides sorted for next year but I can't find where? Genuine question if that is the case why can't the annual meeting be brought forward? And perhaps already done? Because judging by your post they basically know what the limit etc will be for next year.

Most have 4, 5 or 6 pre signed contracts lined up with offers in to riders and one team that I know has all 7 riders sorted and it will boil down to minor issues like will the championship follow the premiership and only allow 1 x 8 point rider in each team; not that I think they will; or what will they do with the 2,5% reduction for British Riders as it may go up to 5% and it could be allowed for all British riders regardless or it might just be for Brits who have rode in the NDL and the reduction will last the first 3 years of them moving up into the championship.

Any rule changes and the like will be debated and they will also be getting the details on the new TV deal which will all be up for debate at the AGM in November so it appears that promotions do what they want with regards to team building pre AGM and then argue their corner at the AGM for the relevant build points and we will have to wait and see what happens with that one.

Someone will set a thread up shortly with regard to the AGM and watch it go; some ideas put up are spot on and others well lets say are not so palatable; but it is all part of the fun as everyone has an opinion and its usually the promoters opinions that hold sway (usually always)

So promotions know now what they want (or would like) they just need to get it ratified from the rest of the other promotions at the AGM and I would suggest that it is at this juncture when the fun starts. Also if any teams moving up or down the leagues will be allowed to do so like Sheffield moving up a league although not officially sanction yet; they will have their new position ratified at this meeting confirming their status as a premiership team. But for all intents and purposes its a done deal

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Just hope we are running

Well, in the interview on Sunday from the track, George did say that we'll probly start next season with the 90th (or 91st),,, so it looks positive :t:

Don't worry Dandelion, I think THJ might just be on his period.

We can't all have insider knowledge so you keep speculating if you enjoy it.  The sport is supposed to be fun after all...

Although I must agree with THJ in that I've not enjoyed this season/Diamonds team at all.  Perhaps if you were in charge of team building we'd be somewhat better off.

• Thanks 1

I'd wait until the end of the conference to see what the league structure. Those riders who have signed for clubs already will work in either the current structure or a one main league structure. (e.g. Chris Harris has signed for Birmingham :- Is it as No.1 for a Championship team, or 2nd/3rd heat leader in a single league). Nobody appears to have signed for a team in both divisions.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Max could be no. 1 and Danny 2nd or 3rd heat leader next year.