British Speedway Forum

Hope this is true made my weekend. 

Always thought the club should get local bloggers/utubers along. The publicity by doing that would be masave for getting a younger crowd there. 

Alan 

11 minutes ago, andys said:

I know I'm getting ahead of myself just slightly,, but if they are buying the club, I wonder if they have space on their farm to build our own track and save themselves thousands a year on rent and loss of catering money. 

Ambition is Critical.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, andys said:

I know I'm getting ahead of myself just slightly,, but if they are buying the club, I wonder if they have space on their farm to build our own track and save themselves thousands a year on rent and loss of catering money. 

Speedway track at Ponteland - now there's a thought. Drown out the noise of all those planes - locals will love it!!:o:o

• Haha 1

Just now, scampispeedway said:

Just done a search for the farm and it is in Prudhoe which is 15 miles from Newcastle

Is it not at Throckley?

2 minutes ago, scampispeedway said:

Reading the Grant Farm website again, it does say that 2 years ago Rob jnr. moved to Crescent Farm post code NE15 9RE which near Throckley. 

Opposite the brickworks?

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

Opposite the brickworks?

Yep.Getting a lot closer to me the track then:t:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, soupy said:

Yep.Getting a lot closer to me the track then:t:

and maybe far enough away from Baysleap not to wake the cows up,,, if they need to be reminded like ;)

Just now, ruffdiamond said:

and maybe far enough away from Baysleap not to wake the cows up,,, if they need to be reminded like ;)

Yep and closer to Tory county as well

could he be doing what David mason ex rider did at Birmingham  he did a year in the nl when he took over just to get his feet under the table and learn owners side without losing a fortune before moving up to the championship 

Could well be feasible and a ready made plan to cut costs straight away and the opportunity to look at other options. Don't know what the cost would be for terraces to be built or at least some seating area for elderly/disabled persons.

Edited by acclennell

5 minutes ago, soupy said:

Yep and closer to Tory county as well

Aye but, if they can put Boris in charge then it's not such a silly idea ;)

5 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Aye but, if they can put Boris in charge then it's not such a silly idea ;)

It is a safe seat so no fear of change for Mr Opperman