British Speedway Forum

51 minutes ago, soupy said:

Was that the buildings in America targeted

Hmmm

Try PL winners.

15 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Hmmm

Try PL winners.

Sorry I thought you meant something else.

Well hopefully all now goes well. Hope Martin Philips is gone completely, hope George hangs around to help Granty through the coming season and then Rob can be his own man thereafter.

Would like to recognise and thank Andrew Dalby who has done more than anyone in the last couple of years to keep Newcastle going without the credit he deserves. Hope he hangs around as miles better on the mike than Roy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, andys said:

Great news.....I think we all owe the English family a huge debt of gratitude for keeping speedway alive in Newcastle over the last 20 odd years and me personally hope George is involved in some capacity going forwards.... 

And that curry next week is going to taste all the better now eh guys... 

George will be team manager for next year at least 

8 hours ago, bringbackHalifax said:

..........” Hope Martin Philips is gone completely, “.............

Not quite sure how to interpret this comment when you quite rightly praise the others you mention in your post.

Are you not being a tad ungracious? Just asking.

On 11/20/2019 at 3:22 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well we are going into the final year of our lease agreement so the end of next season is when the hard negotiating will need to be done or better still find somewhere else and build our own legacy... the landlords have always played hard ball over the rental situation...

Regards
THJ

On 11/20/2019 at 4:13 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

No the track has new owners who don't want to be responsible for the demise of the Speedway as corporately they don't do negative press it their big No-No, however if the Speedway were to fold or walk away of their own volition there wouldn't be any tears shed. 

As the dog racing from the track is pumped into betting shops around the country four days a week its a very lucrative business for them... what they get and make from the Speedway is a drop in the ocean to them which they could take or leave...

However the positive note is they do not want to be seen as the company what collapsed the Speedway... as I say they don't do negative press and I think they would be supportive in what the promotion are trying to achieve, but again that may not manifest itself in a substantial reduction in rental of the stadium... but as landlords go I don't believe they are all that unreasonable...

Just not ideal though is it...

Regards
THJ

Some interesting points in there.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Any chance of getting Ludde back?

howay ruffers man :o

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Any chance of getting Ludde back?

No chance lol