British Speedway Forum

Excellent news all the very best to the Diamonds and Mr Grant for the future ,he sounds like a breath of  fresh air just what the sport needs :t:

Edited by FAST GATER

Pleased to see the Diamonds immediate future is secure. Rob Grant has some good ideas for enhancing the product and I wish everyone at Newcastle Speedway all the best.

• Like 2

I wish the new owner well but if i had a pound everytime someone says they have fresh ideas i could sail the world, as good old "ian" used to say its still four bikes turning left at the end of the straight.if he is as strong in charge as his dad was on the track he could do well i will be going when work allows .

• Like 1

Great news and great also to see the Speedway community at large weighing in with some very positive comments!!

• Like 4

Great news the Diamonds are up and running in 2020. :t:

12 hours ago, DC2 said:

Jolly good, all positive, but .... err ...... not a single mention of a rider!

Or are they just going to sign the last seven standing?

What about Doc, Happy, Sleepy, Sneezy, Dopey, Bashful, and Grumpy,  joking aside I am glad your future is secure, look forward to our Derbies continuing

• Like 1

Given the new owners business I reckon there will definitely be a meat draw at the interval.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Coraldon said:

What about Doc, Happy, Sleepy, Sneezy, Dopey, Bashful, and Grumpy,  joking aside I am glad your future is secure, look forward to our Derbies continuing

They will be coming at Xmas time loL. Pleased the local derbies are continuing and hope both teams have a successful season on and off the track.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Given the new owners business I reckon there will definitely be a meat draw at the interval.

What about chips n gravy!!! yuk

Fantastic news! Good luck guys, unfortunately i will miss my trips to geordie land this year due to Sheffields move "upstairs"

• Like 1

great news and good luck to new owner

pleased George is still involved - could be still a tricky season given rider availability ... but at least we are running

I would like to thank Martin Philips for his support over the last 2 years ... pity things didn't work out better

• Like 1

Who do people think our number 1 will be? Looking at the rest of the teams quite a few can’t fit another heat leader in. Just a few I could think of off the top of my head, Vissing, MPT, Covatti and two long shots Hans Andersen or David Bellego, 

1) D Bellego 9.28 (not sure if he’ll get a PL spot so could be a decent shout although don’t think his brough Park form is great)

2) M Clegg 5.05

3) M Wethers 6.92

4) L Bjerre 5.87

5) N Covatti 7.82

6) some 2.00

7) Sarjeant 3.90

I know I’ll probably get shot down for mentioning Bjerre but surely he can’t be as bad as he was last season even if his attitude does stink you need riders who can improve there averages. 

With that team you’d always have a strong reserve and could probably make changes once Bellego’s average drops.

Anyway that’s just a few random riders I’ve thrown together I’m just really happy speedway at brough is carrying on into next season and I’ve got something to do again on Sunday nights win win!