British Speedway Forum

Rob G has put this on Facebook:

"I would just like to say a big thank you to everyone who turned out for the talk in last night, it was a great night and a pleasure to see you all again. We intend on announcing 2 more riders early next week and then hopefully we will be in a position to announce the final 3 at the Christmas party at the PTE Club on the 20th of December. Get your tickets bought folks and i look forward to seeing you all there".

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Rob G has put this on Facebook:

"I would just like to say a big thank you to everyone who turned out for the talk in last night, it was a great night and a pleasure to see you all again. We intend on announcing 2 more riders early next week and then hopefully we will be in a position to announce the final 3 at the Christmas party at the PTE Club on the 20th of December. Get your tickets bought folks and i look forward to seeing you all there".

And the post was liked by Adam Roynon, how about him?

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Is the final rider they're in contact with the number 1?

14 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Is the final rider they're in contact with the number 1?

Only they'll (the promotion  and the rider) will know that.

26 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

And the post was liked by Adam Roynon, how about him?

No

1 hour ago, leander said:

Six agreed, just awaiting the appropriate signatures on contracts etc., rather than just drip feeding riders. 90% there with the 7th. That's what I heard anyway. 

Rob also said he reckoned we'll have the strongest reserve pairing in the league, so no Danny Phillips!!! 

Sounds like we’ll start with Clegg at reserve

6 hours ago, DC2 said:

Does that mean Newcastle can sign only British riders?

How did you manage with Matt Wethers?

Because Matty is now British apparently racing on a British licence 

Regards 

THJ 

5 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

No we were told Clegg would be in the main body of the team 

Regards 

THJ 

Jacob Bukhave and Connor Mountain for the reserve spots then? That's pretty strong

Personally would prefer one of them two and a 2 pointer... As you only really need one strong reserve and another who can pick up three 3rd places... Maybe Connor Mountain/Jacob Bukhave and Connor Coles/Joe Lawlor

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Jacob Bukhave and Connor Mountain for the reserve spots then? That's pretty strong

Personally would prefer one of them two and a 2 pointer... As you only really need one strong reserve and another who can pick up three 3rd places... Maybe Connor Mountain/Jacob Bukhave and Connor Coles/Joe Lawlor

Am I the only one who struggles to see Bukhave as a good reserve let alone worthy of a 4.00 average? Nice guy, but we have all watched him ride haven’t we?  

I would be underwhelmed if our fantastic reserve pairing involved using Jacob....... 

Here’s the Danish averages. I assume any newcomer would be 5.2?

Makes Jonas B Andersen good value on his 2018 Redcar average 5.91 and Birkemose a fantastic one on 5.2 (although he seems to be in Poland already).

https://dt-speedway.dmusport.dk/ranglister?classID=781&divisionID=13

Here’s another article on promising Danes:

https://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/7917/madsen-and-iversen-named-in

Cracking speedway nation!

Edited by DC2

57 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Here’s the Danish averages. I assume any newcomer would be 5.2?

Makes Jonas B Andersen good value on his 2018 Redcar average 5.91 and Birkemose a fantastic one on 5.2 (although he seems to be in Poland already).

https://dt-speedway.dmusport.dk/ranglister?classID=781&divisionID=13

Here’s another article on promising Danes:

https://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/7917/madsen-and-iversen-named-in

Cracking speedway nation!

Ew. No Jonas B Andersen, he hates Brough anyway, and I've got to be honest I've never even heard of Birkmose... Mind you that doesn't mean I'm writing him off, just saying it's a new name to me... Seems there's a lot of good young Danes, we need the next great Dane at Brough... Shouldn't they be 4.00 though? That's what Mikkel B Andersen was for Glasgow last year was he not? And Sam Jensen? I'm probably wrong lol

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

Ew. No Jonas B Andersen, he hates Brough anyway, and I've got to be honest I've never even heard of Birkmose... Mind you that doesn't mean I'm writing him off, just saying it's a new name to me... Seems there's a lot of good young Danes, we need the next great Dane at Brough... Shouldn't they be 4.00 though? That's what Mikkel B Andersen was for Glasgow last year was he not? And Sam Jensen? I'm probably wrong lol

Birkmose is the 15yo kid that rode in Denmark last year and beat ALOT of top riders. He has signed in Poland but can't see him getting many rides

Assessed averages used to go on what league level they ride in other countries. I remember Jacob would have come over on a 4 but he signed for a team in the league above (whilst not ever riding for them) so had to come in on a 5

11 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

So,,, Smetana and another two ? :t:

George said at the meeting that no one would guess who or which rider he has coming in and it will be a big shock and he said people will be asking how did they get him....

So.... who would be a big surprise?

11 hours ago, leander said:

George said he would put  money on that nobody on the room last night would have the remotest idea who at least one of the signings was, and it'll be a big surprise. I, for one, await this news with interest.

Well this brings me back to Jurica Pavlic.... So maybe no Smetana or Buckhave...

Guessing I reckon that Pavlica would come in on a maximum average of 8.18... hopefully less...

This is a total guess but it won't be an Aussie or Yank as we don't (currently) have the correct paperwork to employ guys from these countries and it isn't going to be Bjarne (at least not this year as Rob has apparently spoken to him) so it will be interesting to see who it actually is... however we are restricted in who we can get so a big(ish) European (or Brit) who is not tied to Poland?

I won't be Adam Ellis as he is off elsewhere as is Danny King...

Av got it.... Andre Compton is making a come back... lol... how did we get him... oh hang on Pepe Franc.... forgot a bout laal Pepe...

That's it sorted

Regards
THJ

• Haha 1