British Speedway Forum

I remember Nicki P,  Ken Bjerre, kenny Larsen and Rene Bach all being relatively unknown when they came to Ncstle and look how they finished up so who knows these lads could do the same

• Like 4

from an exiled reading fan I would be delighted to have a side to watch every week, win or lose, team looks very poor but you never know

• Like 1

It’s a gamble but we really don’t appear to have much option. As with any gamble there is a potential upside as well as the downside that everyone is quick to jump on. Who is to say these two lads won’t average 7 on a speedway track?

Hopeful as always and will attend as always.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

As someone says, the 'new' riders will give it 100% every race, unlike some of last seasons team.  Diamonds fans will appreciate that.  There is a massive potential in that team to improve averages, Ondrej. Nick, James and Max alone might put 1, 2 or 3 points on their starting averages, which is what Rob wants, average improving riders.  Some are saying it's a poor team (one can't even spell rubbish correctly), without even seeing some of the riders ride, which is laughable in my view.

I reckon we are going to surprise a few people next year, yes there a few 'if's' involved, but it only needs one or two of those 'if's' to fall in to place and that is not an impossibility.

Hi Steve,

What knowledge does Rod Grant have of the two new foreigners? Have they ridden in any professional leagues?

Thanks.

26 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Hi Steve,

What knowledge does Rod Grant have of the two new foreigners? Have they ridden in any professional leagues?

Thanks.

THJ will let you know as he knows everything. I heard that the promotion weren't happy last night that someone had let the cat out of the bag.

25 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Hi Steve,

Thanks.

I'm sure Rob will have done his homework.  

Smetana rode in the GP qualifier up at Glasgow and scored 6 points and also had a spin round Brough after a meeting this year.

Skorja was a wildcard in a full GP in 2018, so can't be that bad.

12 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

I never wrote Worky off, however the Diamonds? No genuine number 1, 2 newbies and a rider making a comeback after 6 years. Don't fancy their chances.

I never said you wrote off Workington !! But they were at the start of the season & cleaned up & also thanks to dickie juul found a another special Dane in razza... So let's hope stancl can work the same kind of magic with Smetana....

2 minutes ago, Winditon said:

THJ will let you know as he knows everything. I heard that the promotion weren't happy last night that someone had let the cat out of the bag.

There must be loads of cats in the bags lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

To be fair tho peaser, on paper we do look really weak. A good 2 points below par, so were gonna take some stick, on paper.

Hope it's not toilet paper ha ha

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Hi Steve,

Thanks.

Smetana looked decent in the GP qualifier last season.

6 minutes ago, StevePark said:

I'm sure Rob will have done his homework.  

Smetana rode in the GP qualifier up at Glasgow and scored 6 points and also had a spin round Brough after a meeting this year.

Skorja was a wildcard in a full GP in 2018, so can't be that bad.

Thanks, but I can’t find any record of either having ridden in a professional speedway league.

Would they not come in on 4 point averages and be at reserve?

Looks to me like a team built for 21/22. Just hope the Newcastle fans stick with them. I love to see the Bears tonking the Diamonds, but they have to be there to be tonked. 

Have to chuckle when people defend the seven and then in the same breath say that we've got two points to play with to make changes!

There's no point in trying to deny that a team that's two points under the limit, doesn't have a #1 and will struggle in heat 13 and 15 is going to struggle. But at least it's an interesting team with same potential to improve. Who knows if James Wright can recapture his former form? Or if Connor Mountain will have a break through season? Or if Nik Skorja is a top talent (World U-21's in 2019 (scoring 7,2,2) which only Lambert from the Brits qualified for). Or if THJ has self esteem issues?  Who knows?

What it does show is that the new owner is prepared to take a gamble. Let's hope it pays off. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, cheekycobra said:

Looks to me like a team built for 21/22. Just hope the Newcastle fans stick with them. I love to see the Bears tonking the Diamonds, but they have to be there to be tonked. 

That is quite true. I would say the feeling is probably mutual both ways as the Diamonds beating the Bears.

• Like 1