British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vince

Ash Holloway engine builder video

Came across this video on youtube. Seems the fashion is knock engine builders/tuners these days but the good ones make a big investment in equipment and put in the hours for their money.

Whether you should need tuned engines is a different argument.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuqwkM7_-P0

• Like 4

On 10/19/2019 at 2:57 PM, Vince said:

... the good ones make a big investment in equipment and put in the hours for their money....

That was my first impression when I saw the video. Stuff like that Dynamic Balancing Machine will have cost a pretty penny, which has to be made to pay for itself, somehow.

A lot of people think that engine tuning is all about a man in a shed, using "rule of thumb" a spanner and a hammer, doing what a rider doesn't know how to or can't be bothered to do for himself. It ain't that at all. And for as long as a speedway engine can't last more than half a dozen meetings without "going off" these guys will be needed.

On 10/21/2019 at 10:58 AM, uk_martin said:

That was my first impression when I saw the video. Stuff like that Dynamic Balancing Machine will have cost a pretty penny, which has to be made to pay for itself, somehow.

A lot of people think that engine tuning is all about a man in a shed, using "rule of thumb" a spanner and a hammer, doing what a rider doesn't know how to or can't be bothered to do for himself. It ain't that at all. And for as long as a speedway engine can't last more than half a dozen meetings without "going off" these guys will be needed.

I don't think many people think tuning is about a bloke in a shed!  

On 10/28/2019 at 7:58 AM, Trees said:

I don't think many people think tuning is about a bloke in a shed!  

it certainly used to be .. i worked for Phil Pratt for a bit around '83 and that's pretty much how it was when he was one of the top tuners, and i've also been to Peter Johns shed in his mums garden

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stevehone said:

it certainly used to be .. i worked for Phil Pratt for a bit around '83 and that's pretty much how it was when he was one of the top tuners, and i've also been to Peter Johns shed in his mums garden

And I've been to Reggie Randell's shed but it's what's inside that counts .....

• Like 1

Thanks for the nice comments guys, That film was made by the NC+ platform here in Poland in 2014 and we had some great feedback from it.

Here is another video we did with Gerry Sims (former racer). It was supposed to be used by IMG but never got released. 

Feel free to give my Facebook and instagram pages a follow and a like , We try to post content regularly. 

All the best 

Ash 

https://www.facebook.com/1469737636632481/videos/510522086252291/

Edited by ASHTECH
  • Like 5

44 minutes ago, ASHTECH said:

Thanks for the nice comments guys, That film was made by the NC+ platform here in Poland in 2014 and we had some great feedback from it.

Here is another video we did with Gerry Sims (former racer). It was supposed to be used by IMG but never got released. 

Feel free to give my Facebook and instagram pages a follow and a like , We try to post content regularly. 

All the best 

Ash 

Top work by Gerry , please give his company a follow, Blu monkey Media 

• Thanks 1

Could make a lovely side income from tours and demonstrations I d reckon. I d certainly pay to have a look round, although I dare say the fear of spying would be a very real possibility.

Enjoyed watching the videos.Thank you guys for posting and the links as well.Was very interesting and food for thought.