poolebolton

Berwick, Sheffield and Kent.

3 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Have fun in the Premiership! 

CVS just confirmed it. 

Unless Berwick are running on Saturdays this ain’t happening 

• Like 2

Confirmed it where?

Wolves end of season talk in. CVS said they have/are applying for the premiership. 

I told y'all you will be surprised by a couple of teams coming up. 

Although apparently berwick cant race weekdays and kent can only do Monday with an half 6 start. So still question Mark's on them 

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Wolves end of season talk in. CVS said they have/are applying for the premiership. 

I told y'all you will be surprised by a couple of teams coming up. 

Although apparently Norwich farbrace weekdays and kent can only do Monday with an half 6 start. So still question Mark's on them 

Norwich?

I doubt Berwick will be in a league without Glasgow. Edinburgh & Newcastle doesn't make finical sense , why would you lose your biggest crowds ? It dam near killed the club the last time and that was when there where good riders at elite level . 

• Like 5

Must be the first decision from the pre AGM.Going to rename the national league the premiership,the premiership to be called the championship and the championship the national league.British speedway has been saved at last

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, DSC67 said:

I doubt Berwick will be in a league without Glasgow. Edinburgh & Newcastle doesn't make finical sense , why would you lose your biggest crowds ? It dam near killed the club the last time and that was when there where good riders at elite level . 

The Berwick public won’t like this. No local derbies, a probable increase in admission prices and the fact that the local council won’t allow regular midweek meetings. It’ll kill the club off 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, alang said:

Must be the first decision from the pre AGM.Going to rename the national league the premiership,the premiership to be called the championship and the championship the national league.British speedway has been saved at last

Poole will be in the right league then  

Just now, Shadders said:

The Berwick public won’t like this. No local derbies, a probable increase in admission prices and the fact that the local council won’t allow regular midweek meetings. It’ll kill the club off 

They can have as many mid week meetings as they like at their new multi million pound stadium at some place called Berrington Lough

I had heard about Sheffield.

I must admit I am more surprised by Berwick than Kent. Their nearest rivals will be Belle Vue, 200 miles away. Makes no sense at all - Shadders is bang on. 

Kent ride on Mondays, have a fantastic stadium and could pull in a few from Lakeside. Always a possibility. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I had heard about Sheffield.

I must admit I am more surprised by Berwick than Kent. Their nearest rivals will be Belle Vue, 200 miles away. Makes no sense at all - Shadders is bang on. 

Kent ride on Mondays, have a fantastic stadium and could pull in a few from Lakeside. Always a possibility. 

I can understand Sheffield, there has been many supporters who have wanted Thursday racing back, and this can only be achieved by moving up.

Berwick have always run Saturday nights so that does not make any sense.

Kent runs Mondays but have a very early curfew how is that going to work for TV.

I will believe this when the announcement come form the clubs themselves, until then for me it is pure speculation from another Promoter.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, alang said:

They can have as many mid week meetings as they like at their new multi million pound stadium at some place called Berrington Lough

Berwick have rode at Berrington Lough before

its miles from anywhere, in a place called Ancroft.

They had an air ambulance in attendance, as the place is so remote.

in 1991, Berwick joined the top division, signing Kelvin Tatum from Coventry, Richard Knight from Kings Lynn and Jimmy Nilsen from Swindon.

The then promoter, a Liverpudlian called Terry, whose surname I cant recall, later served a prison sentence for fraud IIRC.