British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
poolebolton

Berwick, Sheffield and Kent.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It’s quite simple. Ride on the night of your choice. Pick a team of riders who won’t be affected by this race night. If opposition teams are affected then so be it.

You cant honestly think thats a good idea......or is it simply that because you will drop down you dont really care

Poole stay in the top league at home on a Wednesday to a Kings Lynn side with Iversen and Palm Toft riding in their own country..............

Poole fans wont turn up..............Lynn fans wont travel...........financial suicide

If Poole go back to Wednesdays in the lower league it wont matter as possibly the opposition wont have many riders in the Danish league

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gavan said:

You cant honestly think thats a good idea

Poole stay in the top league at home on a Wednesday to a Kings Lynn side with Iversen and Palm Toft riding in their own country..............

Poole fans wont turn up..............Lynn fans wont travel...........financial suicide

Ah! but they'll win 60-30 and that's all that matters to some.

I won’t get into long discussions as I am with a group of friends in Italy and we’re about to go out to dinner. But what is most important is the home team fielding the same 1 to 7 every week. Less so the away team.  

Poole won’t be in the top flight next season, more’s the shame. I am not looking forward to next season and believe the crowds at Poole will be considerably down because of it. A second string as a number one will not be a crowd puller. 

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I won’t get into long discussions as I am with a group of friends in Italy and we’re about to go out to dinner. But what is most important is the home team fielding the same 1 to 7 every week. Less so the away team.  

Poole won’t be in the top flight next season, more’s the shame. I am not looking forward to next season and believe the crowds at Poole will be considerably down because of it. A second string as a number one will not be a crowd puller. 

All I have to say is aaarrrggghhhhh!!

You cannot compare the Poole '19 team to the Poole '20 one. They are a no1 in the Champ not second strings. You can only compare it to other teams in the Champ. 

38 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Might be if its a Brit?!;)

Would love to see

Glasgow

Belle vue

Sheffield

Wolverhampton 

Kent/Somerset

Kings Lynn

Ipswich

Poole

Peterborough 

Swindon

Making it a 10 team league 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

And people were saying the amount of guests being used was making the sport a laughing stock

It does, but an away team with guests on a Friday or Saturday evening at the NSS will still generate a bigger crowd than a 'proper' away team on a Monday or a Thursday..

There's no real kudos in winning any Speedway League title in the UK, so it doesn't really matter who represents who..

Therefore, ride on the night you can make your most money, even if it's a bit contrived..

The fans who are still going regularly have shown that contrived septets don't  prevent their attendance so it doesn't really matter to them if the teams are a bit cobbled together..

So ride on nights when most fans can get there...

Its obvious the sport cannot run itself 'properly' as a genuine team sport due to a myriad of variable issues, so it might as well not even try running itself 'properly' and aim to get those who still attend now, but maybe not every match, to attend more often...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

On 10/21/2019 at 2:48 PM, Red Flag said:

Don’t forget that down south they think the world ends at Watford

And that includes those stupid bloody politicians

5 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

And people were saying the amount of guests being used was making the sport a laughing stock

Guests were making it a laughing stock, but so are riders riding for two or three teams, albeit not in the same leagues. To me it's no different. I agree that teams should and must be allowed to ride on the night that pulls in the best crowd. It's a no brainer really

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It may come as a surprise to you, but nobody cares where you are or whom you are with. Keep that stuff for non sensical Facebook.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Your are obviously the sort of person that would rather see your team thrash another and not worry about what the racing is like.

Its important that BOTH teams field the same 1-7 kind of adds credability

Or are all Poole fans the same as you where all you care about is winning

On 10/20/2019 at 7:24 PM, poolebolton said:

Have fun in the Premiership! 

CVS just confirmed it. 

Honestly

Good luck to Sheffield

Berwick definitely are not going up

Finally why would Kent go up? cant start until 6.30 with an 8.30 curfew!!! two tape infringements and the extra track grading required to keep the "prima donnas" happy and most meetings will be abandoned by heat 8 with no result declared or standing

CVS shouldn't have said anything its not his right to say what other clubs might or might not be doing (Naughty Man)

Regards
THJ

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Gavan said:

You cant honestly think thats a good idea......or is it simply that because you will drop down you dont really care

If Poole go back to Wednesdays in the lower league it wont matter as possibly the opposition wont have many riders in the Danish league

Honestly

This season Newcastle had three Danes and Glasgow ended up with four Danes; however fixtures I suggest can be worked around; but that's not the point what about the change of race day in the championship where Redcar had to move to a Friday and Sheffield had to go to a Sunday to free up the Thursdays and Sheffield have cited as one of their reasons behind moving up was to get back to a Thursday race day. I was under the impression that the championship would race on the Friday Saturday/Sunday to keep the midweek free for the "top league" So why are Poole not being asked to run on a weekend if they drop down rather than just assuming that they can come back down and pick Wednesday as their race night? These self serving agendas are okay if its your club and it is two fingers up to anyone else but promotions need to realise that this continuous manipulation and self interest attitude just hurts other clubs.

When its gone it is very difficult to bring back...

Regards
THJ

Hang on (getting annoyed now) just need to edit this as may be it does matter about clubs in the lower leagues its dismissive attitudes about other clubs that cause the issues the "Flock you Jack we are alright brigade" that are actually causing all the issues by not giving a "flying flunky" about other clubs and ploughing a lone furrow or even riding roughshod over other clubs ; without the NDL Speedway has 3 years max and without the second tier to bring on Brits for the precious top league there would be no speedway either; people need a reality check we are in the 21st century not the glory days of the 50's and 60's. It needs a joined up approach not insular promotions who spit the dummy when they cant get there own way or get found out trying to twist the rules.

Might change the handle to Totally Disillusioned John

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
missed out key words
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

This season Newcastle had three Danes and Glasgow ended up with four Danes; however fixtures I suggest can be worked around; but that's not the point what about the change of race day in the championship where Redcar had to move to a Friday and Sheffield had to go to a Sunday to free up the Thursdays and Sheffield have cited as one of their reasons behind moving up was to get back to a Thursday race day. I was under the impression that the championship would race on the Friday Saturday/Sunday to keep the midweek free for the "top league" So why are Poole not being asked to run on a weekend rather than just assuming that they can come back down and pick Wednesday as their race night? These self serving agendas are okay if its your club and it is two fingers up to anyone else but promotions need to realise that this continuous manipulation and self interest attitude just hurts other clubs.

When its gone it is very difficult to bring back...

Regards
THJ

Didn't Somerset ride on Weds? Poole can't ride on Sat or Sun cos of greyhounds, but I think Friday's are okay..? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Another case of Poole to win/ survive at any cost. As long as you get what you want, then that's fine.. What about the home fans , don't they deserve to get their ££ worth and see a visiting team with a their "proper" 1-7.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1