British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
poolebolton

Berwick, Sheffield and Kent.

Unless Glasgow or Edinburgh move up as well it would be financial suicide for Berwick to move up to the Premiership. Unless of cause there is going to be "one big league"

On 10/27/2019 at 3:06 PM, JamesHarris said:

Unless Glasgow or Edinburgh move up as well it would be financial suicide for Berwick to move up to the Premiership. Unless of cause there is going to be "one big league"

Done it before in 1991 where our closest rivals were Bradford. Won the Gold Cup possibly might have won the league, had it not been for terrible injuries suffered by Kelvin Tatum and Mikael Blixt. But that was then when we were in a 13 team League. Wise decision to stay where we are now in the Championship.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 9:53 AM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Finally why would Kent go up? cant start until 6.30 with an 8.30 curfew!!! two tape infringements and the extra track grading required to keep the "prima donnas" happy and most meetings will be abandoned by heat 8 with no result declared or standing

CVS shouldn't have said anything its not his right to say what other clubs might or might not be doing (Naughty Man)

Regards
THJ

I have heard they are...………..providing circumstances are right.

Its nonsense to suggest that 'most' speedway meetings take more than 2 hours (or that it will take 2 hours to get to heat 8). The overwhelming majority that I have been to take less than that, so there's no reason why they can't run with the same start time and curfew. There will be a lot more urgency about proceedings than there are at some places, and that's no bad thing. 

They certainly have the stadium for top flight speedway.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Its nonsense to suggest that 'most' speedway meetings take more than 2 hours (or that it will take 2 hours to get to heat 8). The overwhelming majority that I have been to take less than that, so there's no reason why they can't run with the same start time and curfew. There will be a lot more urgency about proceedings than there are at some places, and that's no bad thing. 

But with a 6.30 pm start how will that work with the TV, the coverage has always started at 7.30pm.

5 minutes ago, spin king said:

But with a 6.30 pm start how will that work with the TV, the coverage has always started at 7.30pm.

It will be fine...

We put the clocks back an hour yesterday,..:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Honestly

I was just being a bit sarcastic as Kent do have issues getting meetings done and with some of the prima donnas in the top flight stamping their feet when things don't go there way it can string a meeting out...

I hope Len Silver can pull it off and it would be a fitting swan song after a long (long) association with Speedway if he could be a sucess in the top league in the twighlight of his years...

He's knowledgeable and has vast experience in the sport and if he can sort out the local issues with the relevant authorities they will be a fantastic addition to the Premiership...

In fact the more the merrier for me

Regards 

THJ 

23 minutes ago, spin king said:

Either they just show Kent away or they record it, cut out the rubbish and have a decent programme.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

I was just being a bit sarcastic as Kent do have issues getting meetings done and with some of the prima donnas in the top flight stamping their feet when things don't go there way it can string a meeting out...

I hope Len Silver can pull it off and it would be a fitting swan song after a long (long) association with Speedway if he could be a sucess in the top league in the twighlight of his years...

He's knowledgeable and has vast experience in the sport and if he can sort out the local issues with the relevant authorities they will be a fantastic addition to the Premiership...

In fact the more the merrier for me

Regards 

THJ 

I think its been pretty much shown that Kent don't have 'issues' getting meetings done within their curfew at all.

As I say, two hours is more than adequate and in my experience the overwhelming majority of meetings are completed within that time.  As to prima donnas, experience tells me that they are anything but restricted to the Premiership 

It maybe that one of the conditions for them going up is either that the 630 start time can be accommodated or their hours for racing can be changed. Knowing precisely where Central Park is, its bloody ludicrous that their applications to run later and on other nights have been refused.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

3 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I think its been pretty much shown that Kent don't have 'issues' getting meetings done within their curfew at all.

As I say, two hours is more than adequate and in my experience the overwhelming majority of meetings are completed within that time.  As to prima donnas, experience tells me that they are anything but restricted to the Premiership 

It maybe that one of the conditions for them going up is either that the 630 start time can be accommodated or their hours for racing can be changed. Knowing precisely where Central Park is, its bloody ludicrous that their applications to run later and on other nights have been refused.

Yep I think they have only pulled two meetings short this season for reaching the curfew but there were 4 or 5 the season before so they are getting better...

They were I believe severely restricted to a strict 6.30 start 8.30 finish which in normal circumstances is long enough to run a meeting but a couple of offs or a bit damp on the track requiring extra grading and there is the potential to lose the last heat or two...

You'd think the authorities would be more supportive in what Kent are trying to achieve. But good luck to.them for taking on the challenge and I sincerely hope they do well.

Regards 

THJ 

I hear that there may be another surprise team going up in 2020 if the deal is right for the club and can be sure to be able to get a good number 1

So Len Silver intends to run Championship on a Wednesday and still run a team in the NL if there is one

13 hours ago, spin king said:

If it's in Eurosport it will be fine.

As Kent have confirmed they will be applying to join the Championship, and Berwick have confirmed "business as usual" and announced two signings, time to put this one to bed, eh?      

Good old CVS!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1