British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
poolebolton

Berwick, Sheffield and Kent.

As if Berwick would ever go up a league. Did anyone actually believe this ? 

and Silver is anti top flight so Kent going up was never happening either. 

• Like 1

To save me reading nine pages, are any of these teams actually moving up?

Just now, MattK said:

To save me reading nine pages, are any of these teams actually moving up?

Sheffield = PL

Kent = CL

Berwick = CL

1 minute ago, Hodgy said:

Sheffield = PL

Kent = CL

Berwick = CL

So as it stands, no extra teams in the PL, just Sheffield and Poole swapping places?

As it stands yes but did read there maybe another joining The PL - but it is now rumour season. 

11 minutes ago, MattK said:

So as it stands, no extra teams in the PL, just Sheffield and Poole swapping places?

The extra team in the CL is Kent on Wednesdays (hopefully) - as announced by Len Silver this week,.

Plymouth are also applying to BSPA for the CL, plus as Hodgy posted above the strong rumour of one other hoping for CL status.(Couldn't be IOW could it?!)

Edited by Skidder1

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

The extra team in the CL is Kent on Wednesdays (hopefully) - as announced by Len Silver this week,.

Plymouth are also applying to BSPA for the CL, plus as Hodgy posted above the strong rumour of one other hoping for CL status.(Couldn't be IOW could it?!)

Thought I read it as surprise application for PL Skidder. 

2 hours ago, Hodgy said:

Thought I read it as surprise application for PL Skidder. 

Just clarifying the Kent position for those that may be still under the impression they were going PL.

18 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Just clarifying the Kent position for those that may be still under the impression they were going PL.

Ok thanks for clarifying. The PL could really do with another team though. 

37 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

They could do with another five tbh.

No, eight is right for the PL, but only if it is significantly better than the CL. Eight teams of superior strength with eight GP riders would be good.

Hasn’t the Extraliga in Poland got only seven teams now?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

No, eight is right for the PL, but only if it is significantly better than the CL. Eight teams of superior strength with eight GP riders would be good.

But that would only happen if the team limit was raised rather than using 42.5 or reducing it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DC2 said:

Have to disagree, the more the merrier, but then I do remember a 19 strong British League.

18 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Have to disagree, the more the merrier, but then I do remember a 19 strong British League.

Are there sufficient good riders for a 10 or 12 team PL? I doubt it. Even the 7 current teams appear to be struggling to attract and pay for quality riders.

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

Are there sufficient good riders for a 10 or 12 team PL? I doubt it. Even the 7 current teams appear to be struggling to attract and pay for quality riders.

It is for that reason why a current Championship club are undecided which way to step as on paper looks good idea to be in Premiership but need to be sure that they can get a good competitive team together.