British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gasser90

Eurosport

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

VPN has various uses, in this particular case you can choose what country you are in for internet connection, logically you select a country that you can get live action of SGP, as it not available in the UK.

how do you get this and how do you do it thanks !!

if you watch via the SGP website there is no adverts i don't think, but you do get to see more interviews

3 minutes ago, stevehone said:

if you watch via the SGP website there is no adverts i don't think, but you do get to see more interviews

what do you have to do to get this service thanks ?

as posted, just use a VPN and select a country where SGP stream is available (USA for example)

Type VPN in a search engine and suppliers of the service pop up, not seen a free service yet, and some are more pricy then others......but there agin, some are easier to setup and more reliable in use, I believe.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, geoff58 said:

Nord are the most common. A yearly subscription of £60 I think. They have an app or you can download through their website.

I personally couldn’t be without one.

13 hours ago, geoff58 said:

I use NordVPN, got it for about £80 for 3 years (search around for a voucher code or cashback etc.). It's dead easy to use, you just install the software on your device (up to 5 devices) and when you want to connect via a different country you just open the software and select the country you want, click connect, job done just continue to use the internet as you normally do. You may see a speed reduction depending on what country you connect to but should still be good enough to stream HD video (depending on what your actual UK connection speed is)

Edited by iainb
  • Thanks 1

No need to pay if using a PC, I just use the Opera browser which has a built-in VPN.

Soto Ian,  Do you use Opera with VPN activated to watch SGP live?
Opera VPN gets very poor reviews, but they testing it for all its properties not necessarily to watch SGP, which we will be interested in.
If you do watch SGP on Opera VPN, can you give us a run down on how to connect and whether it is running at an adequate speed.... ie continuous viewing, no lag etc.

The review I read about VPN gave it a rating of 2.5/5 (5 out of 10) which is not good, but that is because a VPN is supposed to hide who you are and other details, which it seems to fail miserably at.  As someone earlier posted, NordVPN is consistently rated the best VPN.

On 1/26/2020 at 9:13 AM, OveFundinFan said:

Soto Ian,  Do you use Opera with VPN activated to watch SGP live?
Opera VPN gets very poor reviews, but they testing it for all its properties not necessarily to watch SGP, which we will be interested in.
If you do watch SGP on Opera VPN, can you give us a run down on how to connect and whether it is running at an adequate speed.... ie continuous viewing, no lag etc.

The review I read about VPN gave it a rating of 2.5/5 (5 out of 10) which is not good, but that is because a VPN is supposed to hide who you are and other details, which it seems to fail miserably at.  As someone earlier posted, NordVPN is consistently rated the best VPN.

Yes I do. I've used it to watch all SGPs without issue since the inception of the channel.

On 1/24/2020 at 6:32 PM, False dawn said:

If you start watching the recording about 20 minutes after the start time, fast forward through the adverts (and any other bits that don't take your fancy) you should find yourself watching in real time at about the end of the meeting.
No avoiding the result, no adverts. Simples.

That's why I run the record through to the end of the programme then watch it back, ff through everything no ads and no catching up with real time broadcast, no knowing the result, it really is simples.

Edited by bellevueace

2 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

Anyone know when the televised fixtures will be released ?

Probably before panthers name their complete line up :D

• Haha 3