British Speedway Forum

7 hours ago, Col said:

Similar rumours suggest full transfer to Wolves, doubling up with Eastbourne.

Hopefully half right as Broc would suit Brummies perfectly.

Great to see Sheffield back in top level Speedway.

57 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Why would Kemp even cobsider Sheffield given how he was treated this season???

Because it's a ride in the top tier of British Speedway?

1 hour ago, Col said:

Kemp’s not ready for the PL.

And I don’t think he achieved the necessary 4.8 average (PL 3 minimum x 1.6 conversion) to come up.

Edit: He averaged 3.58 in the CL.

Edited by DC2

24 minutes ago, Col said:

19 minutes ago, DC2 said:

And I don’t think he achieved the necessary 4.8 average (PL 3 minimum x 1.6 conversion) to come up.

He has that opportunity elsewhere if it's right for him at a club that may nurture him and not discard him mid season

The average requirements may not be the same DC2 but your point is certainly a possibility 

Vaculik would be a good shout as he already speaks with a Yorkshire accent.  :)

2 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Jake Allen would be good lives locally already signed for scunny would seem a good fit for Sheffield 

Tbh I think Jake will be back with Ipswich, he’s said he wants to ride Ipswich again next year and years to come and the club have tweeted saying how good he’s been this season and unsubtly hinted with emojis they want him back - plus all the fans want him back, can’t see any team permutation at Ipswich not including him 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

Tbh I think Jake will be back with Ipswich, he’s said he wants to ride Ipswich again next year and years to come and the club have tweeted saying how good he’s been this season and unsubtly hinted with emojis they want him back - plus all the fans want him back, can’t see any team permutation at Ipswich not including him 

Has to be the first name on the Witches teamsheet IMO - Jake has been a pleasure to watch as a fan and equally pleasing as part of the team in the pits by all accounts

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

Vaculik would be a good shout as he already speaks with a Yorkshire accent.  :)

Would be a great addition to the league. He or riders like him joining the ranks could make a huge difference to any hoped for upturn in the perception and fortunes of British league speedway 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Why would Kemp even cobsider Sheffield given how he was treated this season???

Don't think he was treated badly. His career will have benefited greatly from the input of Steady and the promoters stuck with him long after his average made him a points liability. He was simply a victim of the average points rules which surround speedway.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Col said:

Kemp is nowhere near top level standard. After watching him in 2018 i thought he would have already been. One of the most exciting young talents in a long time. Reality hit him big time. Even in the 3rd tier he went backwards a little. Struggled for an level of consistency in the 2nd tier and wasn’t surprised he was replaced when Sheffield tried to improve.

like a lot of good 3rd tier riders this season they have found the step up to 2nd tier very hard, forcing some to drop out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 89buttons said:

I would think most riders who have improved at a certain track, would stay their the following year(Finances from decent points haul). They can then adapt to the trickier tracks during the season. If they then adapt well then a move the following season could be a possibility.

3 hours ago, 4thbender said:

Don't think he was treated badly. His career will have benefited greatly from the input of Steady and the promoters stuck with him long after his average made him a points liability. He was simply a victim of the average points rules which surround speedway.

How could his average have been a points liability when he came in on a 2!!

The fact it went immediately to nearly 5 just meant down to him Sheffield could effectively build the rest of the team to be 3 points over the limit

Without him on a 2 the team overall wouldve been weaker and other riders brought in wouldn't have been accommodated. His 'reward' for those others still not being able to out strip his performances in the 1-5 despite them being at reserve was to be dropped instead of them

Yes a victim of the points limit system but there were other choices and IMO he should remember that should Sheffield make him an offer

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bradford Ace said:

Best facilities in the country for me...

What, with almost half the stadium off limits? Says it all about today's speedway venues. Be much better if Tigers could reopen the back straight terrace at Owlerton. Will the first bend be available to standing spectators next season or will the rebuild mean it's behind glass only?

Edited by Piotr Pyszny

16 hours ago, Piotr Pyszny said:

What, with almost half the stadium off limits? Says it all about today's speedway venues. Be much better if Tigers could reopen the back straight terrace at Owlerton. Will the first bend be available to standing spectators next season or will the rebuild mean it's behind glass only?

glass only i believe

On 10/23/2019 at 9:25 AM, DC2 said:

Edit: He averaged 3.58 in the CL.

surely would be with the Witches ?