British Speedway Forum

54 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

As we all know it's a numbers game so depending who else Ipswich sign his average might not fit!! Whenever he's guested for us at sheffield on numerous occasions he's always got on well with steady and the lads so he knows how professional Sheffield are.Id love him at Sheffield but if he goes to Ipswich so be it as long as we can get Josh G,Charles Wright and a couple of top heat leaders along with Nicol as one of the reserves.Exciting times at Sheffield next season.

5.56 isn’t a difficult number to fit in so if Allen doesn’t return it almost certainly won’t be because of “the numbers game”.

Maybe numbers as in £££ but not as in averages. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

I would think if they could afford to pay Iverssen and Harris they can afford Jake Allen ! We are expecting some announcements this week at Sheffield so we will see what happens.If Ipswich were really keen onJake I would have thought they would have had him signed pre AGM,like Scunthorpe did with a couple of their riders.

One rider no one seems to be mentioning is Todd Kurtz, got a feeling he will be back next season

I think the first three riders will be Brady & Todd and Josh G with maybe Broc Nichol as well

5 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

One rider no one seems to be mentioning is Todd Kurtz, got a feeling he will be back next season

I think the first three riders will be Brady & Todd and Josh G with maybe Broc Nichol as well

Why would you want Todd Kurtz in the PL?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Didn't say I did, although he should be a good reserve at home, just think we will sign him

9 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Didn't say I did, although he should be a good reserve at home, just think we will sign him

His converted average would be 3.39, but I assume he would be given the 4 point minimum like Broc Nicol?

Do all Americans and Australians have a 4 point minimum?

It seems strange that Aussies come into the CL on a 4 but Europeans come in on a 5 and that Europeans like Jan Graversen can go below 4 in both the CL and the PL but Aussies and Americans can’t.

Weird.

2 hours ago, The Third Man said:

Would make sense by the fact that both Todd and Broc are both assets of the club and Todd rides Sheffield so well.

So with that in mind maybe two different permutations to have a look at, one goes with the Nicki Pedersen rumour, the other does not.

(1) Nicki Pederesen 8.61

(2) Nick Morris 5.38

(3) Josh Gajczonek 7.29

(4) Brady Kurtz 7.54

(5) Richard Lawson/Kyle Howarth 5.64/ 5.58

(6) Broc Nicol 4.00

(7) Todd Kurtz 4.00

or

(1) Brady Kurtz 7.54

(2) Kyle Howarth 5.58

(3) Josh Gajczonek 7.29

(4) Charles Wright 6.52

(5) Jack Holder 7.49

(6) Broc Nicol 4.00

(7) Todd Kurtz 4.00

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

I am quite unashamedly a fan of TK. He's one of those quiet blokes who's happy to play second fiddle to the top stars but who goes quietly about his business. He's scored more bonus points for Sheffield than any other rider for many years and has fewer 4th places than any of the other second-strings Sheffield have tried. Heat leaders are expected to win races (and he's not one of those) but he has the happy knack of turning the heat leaders' heat wins into 5-1s or 4-2s as opposed to 3-3s, which is really the key to winning matches.

It is worth noting that Sheffield's sudden improvement in the last third of the 2019 season only happened after they brought TK back in.

If he finds himself in the same team as his younger brother, who knows, it may unleash previously untapped potential. I for one would welcome him back into the Tigers' lair next season.

Edited by 4thbender

On 11/16/2019 at 4:58 PM, DC2 said:

Not you too, Lisa. It’s “those reserves”.

All right Mr English teacher!! :D

8 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

I would think if they could afford to pay Iverssen and Harris they can afford Jake Allen ! We are expecting some announcements this week at Sheffield so we will see what happens.If Ipswich were really keen onJake I would have thought they would have had him signed pre AGM,like Scunthorpe did with a couple of their riders.

Perhaps they’ve tried but he’s decided to keep his options open? Can imagine a few clubs would like him on their side. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Perhaps they’ve tried but he’s decided to keep his options open? Can imagine a few clubs would like him on their side. 

same as last year :wink::P

50 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

All right Mr English teacher!! :D

Jolly good. You’ve learnt and improved yourself. So job done.  :)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dornier fixer said:

Will Josh Bates be coming back?

Could do, but would come in on an average of 5.07, which to me would represent a massive gamble.

1 minute ago, spin king said:

Could do, but would come in on an average of 5.07, which to me would represent a massive gamble.

I would think he`ll be wanting to come back to Sheffield now they`re top flight if hes fit.