British Speedway Forum

Great news for Sheffield and British speedway, a rider who love him or loath him will put bums on seats.

Ay idea what average he will come back as. ?

• Like 1

Great signing

Will put bums on seats and thats what this sport needs right now

Rest assured fans of other clubs will go to the home matches with Sheffield just to see Pedersen.........when Sheffield come to Foxhall the crowd will be packed because of him.......entertainment assured

Lets hope some of the other promotions can get a few top boys back........maybe not the top of the tree but the Zagars, Iversens of this world

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Great signing

Rest assured fans of other clubs will go to the home matches with Sheffield just to see Pedersen.........when Sheffield come to Foxhall the crowd will be packed because of him.......entertainment assured

Lets hope some of the other promotions can get a few top boys back........maybe not the top of the tree but the Zagars, Iversens of this world

Will never do it alongside the GP. There is simply no requirement to do so.

It's the the riders around the top 16 without Swedish commitment that need to be enticed.

I'll be almighty surprised if NKI returns

9 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Great signing

It is obvious if he was still in the GP series he would not be here.

Good drills by Sheffield.  Haven’t been to a live meeting in 15 odd years, partly through exile up north & partly through lack of interest.  

I shall definitely be wandering across to Owlerton  to see NP pure box office despite his advancing years.  I would also imagine he’d be of great benefit to the other 6 in terms of watch & learn from a master.

Quite enthused about 2020 season now & that hasn’t happened in a long time.

Edited by Dave67
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, iris123 said:

It’s not Petersen and it’s not Nikki. A multiple world champ and people should be able to get his name correct !!!!

Ooohhhhh spelling police.  Don’t be pikki.   :)

• Haha 1

Personally don’t know what the problem is with him every rider knows if you going to race him your going to have to ride hard. If your going under him he will clamp you if your going round him he will move you up. It amazes me that every time he does it there’s an outcry you know it’s coming get on with it. Never enjoyed Sheffield even when scunthorpe come and spank them but we will come to watch him.

1 minute ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Personally don’t know what the problem is with him every rider knows if you going to race him your going to have to ride hard. If your going under him he will clamp you if your going round him he will move you up. It amazes me that every time he does it there’s an outcry you know it’s coming get on with it. Never enjoyed Sheffield even when scunthorpe come and spank them but we will come to watch him.

Yeah, but it’s his dives from behind into bends 3 and 1 that the other riders see!  :)

Exciting signing for sure just hope he can maintain a high points return every week.Always loved him as the villain just like Mauger and Olsen ,top drawer rider most people hate because they are top of their sport and set the benchmark for others.Looking forward to seeing him regular ,roll on next season.Hopefully we can back him with some quality,Josh  g ,Charles Wright Brady Kurtz Ryan Douglas,Jake Allen possibilities??????? Welcome Nicki pedersen 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Col said:

I think a fair few GP riders would take issue with that.  Have you ever seen Janoswki, Zagar, Woffinden or Hancock ride as "ruthlessly".

No, but have you seen Zmarzlik, Madsen and Lindgren ride this year? Oh and where did they finish in the SGP series?

• Like 2

That’s a special signing! I’ll have to make a trip to Owlerton now. What average will he come in on?