British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Got to have a pokesomerwhere dont you. Proves what you are. A bloody troll.

Ah bless

All those seasons you mocking me for Ipswich being lower league.................and telling me how awful we would be last season

So nice to give it back................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

Who backs Nicki up is the question. Club favourite Josh Grajczonek? Brady Kurtz? or Jack Holder?

Jack would make things interesting, would imagine every rider would rather be on his side of the pits 

• Like 1

You lucky sods Sheffield fans!!!

Nicki rode for Eastbourne some years back and I have to say he is one of the most exciting riders to wear the blue and yellow! I would love to see him back at Arlington and I may well take in a Sheffield fixture or two just to see him ride in the UK

Wow!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Arthur54 said:

Jack would make things interesting, would imagine every rider would rather be on his side of the pits 

Very interesting lol. Simon Stead would have his work cut out for sure. My money is on Josh Grajczonek though. 

8 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

Who backs Nicki up is the question. Club favourite Josh Grajczonek? Brady Kurtz? or Jack Holder?

In truth that is a secondary issue at this time. Time will tell, but plaudits to Sheffield for the signing of the close season so far!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

It makes no difference if it’s team mates or opposition   
what a fantastic signing. Well done Sheffield 

So Nicki's last average was 8.61 in 2011. I wonder what new BSPA Vice-Chair Mr Bates will be able to get it reduced to?

Its a good signing for the Tigers - if Nicki is really up for it - but how many people on the bsf have openly criticised promoters for squandering TV money on rider contracts rather than investing it in the longer term future of the sport?!

4 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

If its Brady also that'll be interesting as it was Nicki that gave him the first of his concussions this season!!

• Like 1

Just now, Skidder1 said:

So Nicki's last average was 8.61 in 2011. I wonder what new BSPA Vice-Chair Mr Bates will be able to get it reduced to?

Its a good signing for the Tigers - if Nicki is really up for it - but how many people on the bsf have openly criticised promoters for squandering TV money on rider contracts rather than investing it in the longer term future of the sport?!

I think it's a great signing for Sheffield.

Fair enough Nicki isn't the same rider he once was but British Speedway is not as strong of a league as it once was either. He will do the business for them in 2020 imo.

• Like 3

Surely this has got to be a temporary signing until say start of May? Can't see Nicki at his age wanting to ride in 4 leagues for a full season and can Sheffield afford him for a season?

But it's a win win, Nicki gets to ride in some meetings to warm up from injury comeback before the major leagues starts, for some decent money. Sheffield get good press and social media coverage now and good crowds to start the year.

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Come on Skidder. Look at the reaction on here to Nicki's signing. Surely this is the way forward to attract back some of the missing fans

(I hope so anyway!!)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tigerowl said:

Come on Skidder. Look at the reaction on here to Nicki's signing. Surely this is the way forward to attract back some of the missing fans

(I hope so anyway!!)

I did say it was a good signing for the Tigers.

• Thanks 1

Last time I saw Nicki was the meeting at monmore where Freddie Lindgren cemented his icon status in heat 1 by putting Nicki into the air fence twice and Nicki didnt come out for the third start.

• Like 1