British Speedway Forum

Great to see Nikki back. Excellent signing for both the Tigers and British speedway. Who cares what his reasons are for returning. 

Yes, he isn’t as good as he once was but he is still better than 90% of the current league. If we can drip feed a couple of more decent riders back in to the league this season it will be a decent close season for British speedway.

First visit to Owlerton beckons. Well done Sheffield. 

Poole who? 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Surely this has got to be a temporary signing until say start of May? Can't see Nicki at his age wanting to ride in 4 leagues for a full season and can Sheffield afford him for a season?

But it's a win win, Nicki gets to ride in some meetings to warm up from injury comeback before the major leagues starts, for some decent money. Sheffield get good press and social media coverage now and good crowds to start the year.

Oh shame on you Rob!   Don't think this is the time to try to rain on the Tiger's parade.

It's got to be a good move for British speedway in general and whose to say that it may not start a trend?  I mean, don't the management at the NSS have Matej on speed dial already?  :D

Edited by lastword
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really nice to see Simon Stead so enthusiastic about the season ahead, and it's great to see so much positivity and forward planning where there is normally so much doom and gloom. Great signing as far as I'm concerned. Sheffield are certainly coming to the table all guns blazing, and good luck to them!

• Like 4

You gotta speculate to accumulate. Great signing for Sheffield and British speedway. Reel the returning/ new fans in and keeping them hooked. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

And.................

Shame that the Poole fans wont get to see him for the entertainment value

Why are you bringing up Poole on a Sheffield thread, when there is no need? Talk about obsessed! 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Why are you bringing up Poole on a Sheffield thread, when there is no need? Talk about obsessed! 

Don't worry he will follow us into the championship 

• Haha 1

well done tigers on getting us a genuine number 1 who will be one of the top 3 riders in the league, shows we are not in it to make up the numbers.

there does seem to be a lot of animosity and negative comments towards nicki`s signing, but im sure there isn't a fan on here who wouldn't like him in their side. and I neither love him or hate him.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Don't worry he will follow us into the championship 

I can just about deal with that!;) But talking about Poole on a different league teams thread, is a bit excessive -_-

Jealous if this signings. When on form he's exciting on track when off form he will be entertaining in the pits biggest signing in the league since sayfutinov at coventry all them years ago

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OdsalBoy said:

Nicki + The fast Owlerton track = Pure Excitement !

That’s what we thought when he signed for Peterborough..........

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, romans lovechild said:

well done tigers on getting us a genuine number 1 who will be one of the top 3 riders in the league, shows we are not in it to make up the numbers.

there does seem to be a lot of animosity and negative comments towards nicki`s signing, but im sure there isn't a fan on here who wouldn't like him in their side. and I neither love him or hate him.

Dont mention that to us Wolverhampton fans .

• Like 4

Nick is a great signing both for Sheffield and British Speedway and I applaud them.I am already looking forward to hopping over the pennines as I have not been to Sheffield since Sean Wilson's testimonial. Bring it on.

Sheffield fans have got to be delighted with the signing of Nicki

What a great start for your heat leader berths

• Like 1

Bold move by Sheffield and a good one for them and the league.

Hopefully one or two more similar signings follow for other teams to ramp up the quality of the competition 

• Like 1