British Speedway Forum

Great for the Tigers, and for the sport in the UK.

Does anyone know what average he will come in on.

Lets not forget a nice little earner for the Wolves, who will get a loan fee for Nicki. 

• Like 1

And a nice little earner for Pedersen too I’d imagine. 

4 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Believe that Pedersens last team in the UK was Peterborough in 2011 he didnt exactly live up his billing then and was eventually dropped for Hans Andersen to return. 

On a guaranteed fixed payment, & was poor to be fair. Pay him per point, & he might be ok. Personally think he will be a poor signing average wise, but time will tell.

1 hour ago, spin king said:

Lets not forget a nice little earner for the Wolves, who will get a loan fee for Nicki. 

Nonsence if they have. About time someone stood upto the practise.

Edited by tyke

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Nicki will put bums on seats.

Sure he will. Might put some of his fellow riders bums on the deck too with that considerate riding style he has

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Bump said:

Sure he will. Might put some of his fellow riders bums on the deck too with that considerate riding style he has

Sometimes one dove tails the other

2 hours ago, June01 said:

Really nice to see Simon Stead so enthusiastic about the season ahead, and it's great to see so much positivity and forward planning where there is normally so much doom and gloom. Great signing as far as I'm concerned. Sheffield are certainly coming to the table all guns blazing, and good luck to them!

Can't stand the bloke, but what a great signing for us. :D. There goes the new Ferrari as I'll be spending my Euros burning up the miles on the M1 every Thursday instead, to cheer him on.. Now if only we could only get Ty Wolfinden  in the side too. Go Nicki. 

Nick Pedersen will certainly put bums on seats and not just at Sheffield.. He should attract fans when Sheffield are in town as visitors. 

• Like 2

Brilliant signing, no negatives to this signing what so ever, great for Sheffield and a big boost to British Speedway.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, DC2 said:

Stevebrum’s finger on the pulse again.  :)

Aah bless. If putting out club news before the club concerned does makes you feel big and clever then good luck to you If smugness is your bag.

5 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Why because somehow you were in the know and rather than let the club announce what they’ve described as their biggest ever signing, you thought it was a good idea to share the news before they had - smug something for sure!

congrats to sheffield on the signing of Nicki, look forward to seeing you in the top flight next year

Perfectly put. 

3 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Dont mention that to us Wolverhampton fans .

So happy he didn’t sign for Wolves. Can’t stomach him.

• Like 1

Pedersen isn't the rider he was but capable of still sticking it to most of the leagues No1 & 5's though. 

Message to all rider's though; don't try and pass him round the outside ;)

In my view this is a brilliant signing for Sheffield, and like Nicki or not, it can't be argued that Sheffield are the most talked about team in the UK at present.

Massive kudos to the promotion!!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

Brilliant signing, no negatives to this signing what so ever, great for Sheffield and a big boost to British Speedway.

Agree, will put bums on seats, even away from home I would of thought. I think he will struggle to average 8.61 if i'm honest at this stage of his career.

6 hours ago, Rob B said:

Surely this has got to be a temporary signing until say start of May? Can't see Nicki at his age wanting to ride in 4 leagues for a full season and can Sheffield afford him for a season?

But it's a win win, Nicki gets to ride in some meetings to warm up from injury comeback before the major leagues starts, for some decent money. Sheffield get good press and social media coverage now and good crowds to start the year.

A post of sense in the current climate of positively.

Like I said earlier, on the face of it this seems like great news. 

There will be questions raised though as the season goes and like you I can't forsee him sticking around for too long.

• Haha 1