British Speedway Forum

10 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Dont mention that to us Wolverhampton fans .

I would have loved Nicki to have stayed at Monmore rather than the years of loan fees we got for all his time spent at Arlington, fantastic signing for the tigers, ok so he isn't going to get 15 a meeting but will certainly add plenty to the Sheffield coffers.

Love or loathe him he is a pretty big draw, I'll look forward to visiting as often as possible.

CVS & Adams should have kept him at Monmore for years but hmmm seem to like our World champions riding elsewhere, where is Tai this year.

Bravo Steady and welcome back to top flight Sheffield and NP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well done Tigers Nicki is not the rider he was but you don't win 3 w/champs for nothing ,I will be please to see someone pushing Doyle round in the PL for a change and the clash of their robust styles should get the punters in ! 

Massive signing and the first one in the UK that has genuinely excited me for a good few years. Will definitely try and get to either P'boro or Ipswich when he is in town.

A great signing for Sheffield and the league, and if Sheffield can get there great racetrack  back to past glories that will help him.Have Sheffield confirmed Nicol as a starter is he in there plans for 2020.?

Edited by Sidney the robin

8 hours ago, KevH said:

In my view this is a brilliant signing for Sheffield, and like Nicki or not, it can't be argued that Sheffield are the most talked about team in the UK at present.

Massive kudos to the promotion!!!!

It was even the lead sports story on Radio Sheffield as I was going home from work yesterday.  Probably a quiet news day with the top two football leagues having not played last weekend. :D

Quoting you Kev, I know it's not relevant to Sheffield but will you be going to see the Kings in the Championship next year?

3 hours ago, rjsj9803 said:

I would have loved Nicki to have stayed at Monmore rather than the years of loan fees we got for all his time spent at Arlington, fantastic signing for the tigers, ok so he isn't going to get 15 a meeting but will certainly add plenty to the Sheffield coffers.

Love or loathe him he is a pretty big draw, I'll look forward to visiting as often as possible.

CVS & Adams should have kept him at Monmore for years but hmmm seem to like our World champions riding elsewhere, where is Tai this year.

It seems you are to young to know the history  of Nikki  P and Wolves.

• Like 1

What a Signing, Nicki is Box Office, Always the pantomime villian the one everyone hates unless he is your rider.. If he comes with the appetite to win races he will be awesome...

Team looking a bit like this now ?? Unsure on averages but going by rumours 

Nicki -8.61

Kyle - 5.72

Josh G - 7.29

Proctor - 4.43

Brady Kurtz - 7.54

Dimi or Bellego - 4.14/4.40

Broc - 4.00

The option to go with Dimi and Bellego instead of Ty is there, I just hope Todd Kurtz is not an option as the above team wins home meetings easily and should be ok on the road 

30 minutes ago, clambo71 said:

It seems you are to young to know the history  of Nikki  P and Wolves.

Maybe you could fill us in?

Must of been pretty bad, for Wolves fans to not want a triple world champion to ride for them?

Seems utterly bizarre to think some wouldn’t like Pedersen but would like the likes of Scheiln and Masters leading the way?!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rjsj9803 said:

You obviously dont remember or know the trouble be caused on and off track at wolves.

• Like 2

With Nicki being World Champion in 03, 07 & 08 & that he last rode over here in 2011 then the stats say he is on the decline but are there more better riders now than before. Never the less, he is still a top rider having averaging 8.13 in the Polish Extraleague (Doyle averaged 9.12) so his 8.61 might be close to where he starts. Maybe they will use the ruling that he has been away for so long that we will have to assess him, probably to about 8.5, so it makes little difference. 

Good to see Doyle endorsing Nicki coming back to uk on twitter and saying he hopes more top boys will follow!

Went on to argue with polish fans saying it’s too difficult to schedule riding all leagues....his reply “well I won the world title riding all the leagues so can’t be that hard!!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, PolarBjerre said:

Maybe you could fill us in?

Must of been pretty bad, for Wolves fans to not want a triple world champion to ride for them?

Seems utterly bizarre to think some wouldn’t like Pedersen but would like the likes of Scheiln and Masters leading the way?!

Wont give chapter and verse but suffice to say Wolves sacked him and never employed him again