British Speedway Forum

20 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

And a nice little earner for Pedersen too I’d imagine. 

No doubt it will be though it will work both ways as Nicki Pedersen will bring numbers through the gate to cover his wages.

22 hours ago, clambo71 said:

Last time I saw Nicki was the meeting at monmore where Freddie Lindgren cemented his icon status in heat 1 by putting Nicki into the air fence twice and Nicki didnt come out for the third start.

That`s hardly an accolade to be proud of.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

One man's hard racer is another man's dirty rider and for this reason along it is certain Nicki will certainly put bums on seats at Sheffield. However I do have one question will fans have to pay extra to watch the weekly punch up between Nicki and another ride or will that spetical be covered by the normal admission fee 

• Haha 2

When you see him week in, week out, he's hard not dirty. When he was at Eastie in his prime there were some astonishing races at close quarters with Jason Crump especially and with Leigh Adams,  Peter Karlsson etc, the like of which I've never seen since. Never an inch given but what excitement. If he's anything like that now, enjoy it whilst you can.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, screm said:

Its a reflection of the low esteem with which Pedersen is held by a lot of Wolves fans of a certain age

• Like 1

2 hours ago, screm said:

No doubt it will be though it will work both ways as Nicki Pedersen will bring numbers through the gate to cover his wages.

Let’s hope so, wouldn’t like to see a new club to the league over stretching themselves straight away. 

2 hours ago, screm said:

Basically, Lindgren became an icon for fencing someone twice, because that person is a dirty rider. Can't even begin to argue with that logic.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, clambo71 said:

It seems you are to young to know the history  of Nikki  P and Wolves.

Hmmm yeah a regular since 1971 just pushing  50 years, and yes I was at Cov the night of NP/Carter spat

6 hours ago, clambo71 said:

Its a reflection of the low esteem with which Pedersen is held by a lot of Wolves fans of a certain age

If Nicki returned to Wolves he'd be a hero within 2 weeks.

• Like 1

What I like about this signing is that Sheffield haven't relied on cast off Poole riders, or waited to see which riders can't be fitted into other teams, but have gone their own way and done it themselves.

A very positive sign for how they will fare in the top flight, in my opinion.

• Like 4

Hopefully Sheffield start with a northern riders final with there 7 riders, 3 from Belle vue and the one each from Glasgow Edinburgh Berwick Newcastle Redcar and Scunthorpe

5 hours ago, smiles said:

Hopefully Sheffield start with a northern riders final with there 7 riders, 3 from Belle vue and the one each from Glasgow Edinburgh Berwick Newcastle Redcar and Scunthorpe

I believe they're starting with a War of the Roses meeting.

7 minutes ago, squall said:

I believe they're starting with a War of the Roses meeting.

Don’t we meet 6 times anyway??? Twice in the Cup and 4 times in league. Might be overkill to have another meeting??? 

• Like 1

Just now, Bradford Ace said:

Don’t we meet 6 times anyway??? Twice in the Cup and 4 times in league. Might be overkill to have another meeting??? 

Promotion asked the fans how they'd like to start the season. Belle Vue was by far the most popular answer. They asked the fans what they wanted, that is what the fans said, that is what the fans are getting.