British Speedway Forum

9 hours ago, Grachan said:

What I like about this signing is that Sheffield haven't relied on cast off Poole riders, or waited to see which riders can't be fitted into other teams, but have gone their own way and done it themselves.

A very positive sign for how they will fare in the top flight, in my opinion.

I am sure there are some cast off Poole riders to come! I am guessing the signing tomorrow morning will be Josh/Jack/Brady. 

15 minutes ago, OdsalBoy said:

Hearing it's a Kurtz...... But which one ?

We have had the number 1

We have had the second string

It will be a reserve next.

Todd Kurtz is my guess.

22 hours ago, squall said:

Basically, Lindgren became an icon for fencing someone twice, because that person is a dirty rider. Can't even begin to argue with that logic.

Basically you have misquoted my post to call my logic into question. Firstly you said Freddie fenced Pedersen I didnt. Pedersen gate 4 tried ,leaning on freddie gate 3, Freddi e refused to give way resulting in Pedersen riding straight into the airfence. Refs decision all 4 back. Rerun the same scenario with Pedersaen riding straight into the airfence. I didnt say freddie became an icon from this incident you did.

Secondly, I have never given an opinion on Pedersens  ability or his conduct on a bike I left that to other posters with most refering to him being  either hard or dirty. You decided he was fenced because he was a dirty rider not me.                                                                                                Can we now give this thread back to the  Sheffield fans.

11 minutes ago, spin king said:

We have had the number 1

We have had the second string

It will be a reserve next.

Todd Kurtz is my guess.

I really like Todd however I can't help thinking that the P.L may just be a bit too hot for him. Great in the Championship but may struggle in the PL.

I do hope its either broc or chas wright, I think with the announcement of nicki that one or two might fancy a spell at owlerton alongside him, so could be a better signing for us than just a number one.

48 minutes ago, clambo71 said:

Basically you have misquoted my post to call my logic into question. Firstly you said Freddie fenced Pedersen I didnt. Pedersen gate 4 tried ,leaning on freddie gate 3, Freddi e refused to give way resulting in Pedersen riding straight into the airfence. Refs decision all 4 back. Rerun the same scenario with Pedersaen riding straight into the airfence. I didnt say freddie became an icon from this incident you did.

Oh really...

On 11/19/2019 at 6:41 PM, clambo71 said:

Last time I saw Nicki was the meeting at monmore where Freddie Lindgren cemented his icon status in heat 1 by putting Nicki into the air fence twice and Nicki didnt come out for the third start.

To 'put someone in the air fence' you fence them, yes?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, romans lovechild said:

I do hope its either broc or chas wright, I think with the announcement of nicki that one or two might fancy a spell at owlerton alongside him, so could be a better signing for us than just a number one.

Think wright is Bellevue bound ? 

3 great signings to start the team build.Not sure what averages Kyle and Josh come in on but Nicki is 8.61 after we were refused a re assessed average for him.Everybody at the meeting last night was buzzing and  can't wait for next season.Damon said he's hoping to get BelleVue for the opener and I think he said a testimonial for Todd Kurtz so I'm presuming he will be announced soon.Hoping to announce rest of team in next 2 weeks and announcing prices for entry and sponsorship.I hope that Ian hunter will not just be disgarded and hope he can be involved in some way with an associate sponsorship as he has been a main player in Sheffield speedway for some time now.Damon also mentioned he doesn't want big gaps between fixtures probably 2 weeks maximum .

54 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

3 great signings to start the team build.Not sure what averages Kyle and Josh come in on but Nicki is 8.61

They'll both be on the averages attained at Wolves & Poole from last year - 

Howarth 5.72
Grajczonek 7.29

Which leaves the Tigers with 20.88 for 4 riders.

3 hours ago, RS50 said:

Anything interesting said at last night's STAARS meeting?

New main sponsor announced

Rumours about Josh g, witch have turned out to be true, and it came across how much everyone is looking forward to next season and that the management were really pleased with signing Nikki P

the other thing that that was said was that we are not in the league just to make up the numbers

Edited by The Third Man