British Speedway Forum

Todd Kurtz it is.

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Would Josh Auty or  Claus Vissing be a better bet to Wells,Berge,Kurtz.At Swindon if we put young Rowe in i would be happy to be against the calibre of Berge , Wells, Kurtz. Todd i have seen guest a few times at Prem level and no way he is good anough.

So are you saying that Rowe would / will average more than Kurtz? Not sure I agree with that. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Andrew said:

Nick Morris would just fit along with those two.

With 13 and abit points for three rider, I'd go 7,3,3 and not worry about reserve strength!

Absolutely the correct logic for any team building. 

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Would Josh Auty or  Claus Vissing be a better bet to Wells,Berge,Kurtz.At Swindon if we put young Rowe in i would be happy to be against the calibre of Berge , Wells, Kurtz. Todd i have seen guest a few times at Prem level and no way he is good anough.

In what way are Auty or Vissing good enough for PL?? 

27 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

In what way are Auty or Vissing good enough for PL?? 

Vissing was last year at Swindon he scored vital points at the tail end of the season.If the track is back to its Owlerton best Auty can battle around there and lets be honest Wells, Berge, Kurtz none of them are world beaters.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

So are you saying that Rowe would / will average more than Kurtz? Not sure I agree with that. 

No i am not but that level of rider Anders could pick up a few points against them here and there.

So Todd it is. I do hope he ends up our number 7 as he should do the business for us there around Owlerton. He's probably been saddled with an average just above what I'd expect of him in this league, but with Todd you've got a rider who can really pull it out of the bag at home and beat riders you wouldn't expect him to.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

No i am not but that level of rider Anders could pick up a few points against them here and there.

I don’t know why you keep banging on about Anders Rowe riding in the PL, other than the fact that Rosco has dug himself a hole with the Swindon tail.

Anders is not eligible due to not having achieved the converted 3 point average and he’s not ready.

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

I don’t know why you keep banging on about Anders Rowe riding in the PL, other than the fact that Rosco has dug himself a hole with the Swindon tail.

Anders is not eligible due to not having achieved the converted 3 point average and he’s not ready.

Are you certain that the rule has not been changed? also it would be a learning curve for him for the future.Dug himself a hole? Rosco!!!! total nonsense   the four   named so far  i am chuffed with and if the lower end riders are a problem we can address that if needed.By the way still waiting for your 1/7??? seeing you know better/NOT  than Alun/Lee.

Edited by Sidney the robin

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Are you certain that the rule has not been changed? also it would be a learning curve for him for the future.Dug himself a hole? Rosco!!!! total nonsense   the four   named so far  i am chuffed with and if the lower end riders are a problem we can address that if needed.By the way still waiting for your 1/7??? seeing you know better/NOT  than Alun/Lee.

I mentioned several teams selections a month ago. I’ll try to find them for you.

Doyle

Morris

Ellis

Musielak

Jensen

Perks

Wells 

Edited by DC2

21 hours ago, Andrew said:

Was 7.30, going back to 7.45 would be better as the dogs don't finish until after 6.

I'm pretty sure that. at the last STAARS meeting Damien Bates said that the start time would be 7:30.

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

We don’t know the ruling on that for next season.

They have dropped the 1 over 8 rule already so nothing is definite yet. 

• Like 1

Thought this was the SHEFFIELD thread ? Who cares if anders Rowe rides for Swindon or not . Damon bates did say 7-30 start time at last weeks meeting .

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Vissing was last year at Swindon he scored vital points at the tail end of the season.If the track is back to its Owlerton best Auty can battle around there and lets be honest Wells, Berge, Kurtz none of them are world beaters.

All are better around Sheffield than Auty and Vissing though and next to no difference away 

7 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

All are better around Sheffield than Auty and Vissing though and next to no difference away 

You are joking Auty at his best could pick those lot off no problem Berge is basically a gater away awful.Wells now is a slow rider especially on the fast tracks on the technical tracks he can still hold his own.Vissing at Swindon showed after an awful start really got dialled in at home and was improving week on week averaging over four.