British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, spin king junior said:

So Todd it is. I do hope he ends up our number 7 as he should do the business for us there around Owlerton. He's probably been saddled with an average just above what I'd expect of him in this league, but with Todd you've got a rider who can really pull it out of the bag at home and beat riders you wouldn't expect him to.

Todd's been fantastic at home wherever he has ridden at Championship level (Newport, Plymouth, Somerset & Sheffield)

When he first came over and entered Newport's team - i never would have thought he'd have gone on to ride the OTA and Owlerton anywhere near as well - as he rode Newport & Plymouth. I think he's shown a lot of application and determination to do that & certain other tracks (Peterborough) springs to mind - where he's been fantastic in the last few seasons. Lack of racing and predominantly riding at number 2 for most of his career in 2nd division hasn't helped.

As everyone knows he's likely to struggle away, simply because that is what his weakness has always been since riding over here and for that reason probably not going to achieve his converted average.  

But at home, i think he is certainly capable of beating a number of riders on his home track in the Premiership.

I think it's great that (whatever the reasons behind it) Simon has decided to have a bit of continuity & that Sheffield have given him a chance at this level.

53 minutes ago, DC2 said:

I mentioned several teams selections a month ago. I’ll try to find them for you.

Doyle

Morris

Ellis

Musielak

Jensen

Perks

Wells 

Not bad at all but not anough cast iron big hitters, Jensen would be pressured to be a second heat leader Ellis / Musielak still not quite consistent  anough Wells well his days have gone as a Prem rider.

7 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

You are joking Auty at his best could pick those lot off no problem Berge is basically a gater away awful.Wells now is a slow rider especially on the fast tracks on the technical tracks he can still hold his own.Vissing at Swindon showed after an awful start really got dialled in at home and was improving week on week averaging over four.

Every single one is better at Sheffield he has been very very average there for a long time and he's useless away in the championship so no way he will be any better in the PL..

5 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Every single one is better at Sheffield he has been very very average there for a long time and he's useless away in the championship so no way he will be any better in the PL..

You obviously did not see Wells/ Vissing last year at Prem level ?? Berge is what he is an inigma.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Love watching Auty ride, but can’t gate to save his life - which has meant that he has never reached the heights he should have done. Lack of ability to hate means that he will never get anywhere in this division.

Would like to see Berge back; would definitely strengthen us at home

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

You obviously did not see Wells/ Vissing last year at Prem level ?? Berge is what he is an inigma.

Did you see Auty?? No because he isnt good enough.. Berge is an enigma but hes a mile ahead of Auty at Sheffield and there wouldnt be much difference between them away 

Edited by phillipsr

The fact Auty hasn’t ridden regularly in the top division for years speaks volumes. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Did you see Auty?? No because he isnt good enough.. Berge is an enigma but hes a mile ahead of Auty at Sheffield and there wouldnt be much difference between them away 

Berge was terrific there one year in the under 21s but in 2016 he averaged  only 7.15 pretty good at home.He will go missing ask Belle Vue fans as for you saying Wells was better when i saw him he looked like he was on a moped he is certainly on the slide.

Just now, Bagpuss said:

The fact Auty hasn’t ridden regularly in the top division for years speaks volumes. 

He did ok for you didn't he? he could at least ride the dirt unlike some of your recent riders.

One decent match that I can remember sid. As has been said his away form in the second division is modest at best, I think that’s what puts Premiership clubs off, along with his complete lack of gating ability. 

7 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Berge was terrific there one year in the under 21s but in 2016 he averaged  only 7.15 pretty good at home.He will go missing ask Belle Vue fans as for you saying Wells was better when i saw him he looked like he was on a moped he is certainly on the slide.

He had a poor year yes but hes still ahead of one track Auty. 

38 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

He had a poor year yes but hes still ahead of one track Auty. 

Ok we get it, you hate all Scorpion riders with never anything positive to say about them or the Promotion.

1 minute ago, scunny1 said:

Ok we get it, you hate all Scorpion riders with never anything positive to say about them or the Promotion.

Why because i dont rate Auty!!!if you cant handle opinions get off the forum.. if mine bug you so much block me.. 

51 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Exactly.

He has been pretty awful in the top flight on previous occasions and it appears obvious why he gets overlooked time and again.

A good honest rider that’s Championship material. 

In the speedway star this week Damien refers to there being another heat leader to go alongside Nicki,Josh and Jack...