British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

In the speedway star this week Damien refers to there being another heat leader to go alongside Nicki,Josh and Jack...

have Sheffield owners won lottery ???

Not quite sure how the Promotion are going with the rest of the team.

I did think that they were going with Josh Bates and and 4 point plus rider.

But Josh has said in the Speedway Star that has no plans to ride in the Premiership this season.

I quite like the idea of bringing in Mikel Bech, would give us a strong top five but a little vulnerable at reserve as it would mean bringing in a sub 4 pointer. 

Another possible option would be Scott Nicholls if he is not going to Wolves and a 4 pointer.     

The Promotion in the past have gone as close to limit points allowed and maybe they are going to this now.

Either way it is fascinating to see which way they go this time. 

• Like 1

Dear lord not Chris Holder...

4 hours ago, phillipsr said:

He had a poor year yes but hes still ahead of one track Auty. 

Berge is toilet, he’s always been toilet 

3,0,0,1,0 is his usual, auty may not be the best rider but he’s been a consistent 7.5-8.5 rider in second tier for 8+ years now berge has never shown anything like that kind of consistency

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CrystalCastles said:

But at home, i think he is certainly capable of beating a number of riders on his home track in the Premiership.

I think it's great that (whatever the reasons behind it) Simon has decided to have a bit of continuity & that Sheffield have given him a chance at this level.

only numbers 6 and 7.

reason is probably cos he`s peter mole`s car washer.

poor signing IMO

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phillipsr said:

He had a poor year yes but hes still ahead of one track Auty. 

Are you sure what about Belle Vue do you think he is that far ahead of him  there I think not. Auty would pick him off there 6 times out of 10. Look I like Auty and am mega biase but  you are an embarrassment you hate him use your brain WELLS really!!!!!

Edited by Sidney the robin

5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

One decent match that I can remember sid. As has been said his away form in the second division is modest at best, I think that’s what puts Premiership clubs off, along with his complete lack of gating ability. 

Well saying that he in a last month of riding for you did more in effort and points than some of your team .And to be honest Baggy that is what you are used to second best but you except it fair play you must be a loyal supporter.

36 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Well saying that he in a last month of riding for you did more in effort and points than some of your team .And to be honest Baggy that is what you are used to second best but you except it fair play you must be a loyal supporter.

Not really sure what you are running on about Sidney so we’ll leave that one there. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Bagpuss said:

Not really sure what you are running on about Sidney so we’ll leave that one there. 

I think you do very much so, but we will leave it at that Baggy .

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

Berge is toilet, he’s always been toilet 

3,0,0,1,0 is his usual, auty may not be the best rider but he’s been a consistent 7.5-8.5 rider in second tier for 8+ years now berge has never shown anything like that kind of consistency

I think those who've seen him round Owlerton would understand. He just seems to have a really knack for riding Owlerton.

With Auty, he's just never particularly good round our place over last few seasons. Whether that's down to how the tracks preprared,  machinery ect I don't honestly know. But all I can say is from the perspective of a Sheffield fan having watched Auty and Berge round our place I would 100% have Dimi over Auty.

• Like 2

If the averages fit Dimi would be first choice reserve round owlerton. When he rode with Steady he was well in front so he would be a no brainer ,where as away from home him and Todd may be weak,so we either go for top heavy at home and risk the away score or find a rider who can ride any track.Not sure what points we've got left but Lawson and Dimi would make us very strong at home or possibly Bellego and Dimi ?

1 hour ago, Charlieboy said:

If the averages fit Dimi would be first choice reserve round owlerton. When he rode with Steady he was well in front so he would be a no brainer ,where as away from home him and Todd may be weak,so we either go for top heavy at home and risk the away score or find a rider who can ride any track.Not sure what points we've got left but Lawson and Dimi would make us very strong at home or possibly Bellego and Dimi ?

That's a point well made. When Dimitri rode as no.2 to Stead he had the habit of beating him quite consistently at Sheffield, making Stead the one claiming the bonus point (and not many riders can claim to have achieved that feat!)

9 hours ago, spin king junior said:

I think those who've seen him round Owlerton would understand. He just seems to have a really knack for riding Owlerton.

With Auty, he's just never particularly good round our place over last few seasons. Whether that's down to how the tracks preprared,  machinery ect I don't honestly know. But all I can say is from the perspective of a Sheffield fan having watched Auty and Berge round our place I would 100% have Dimi over Auty.

That’s fair, if berge is better on your home track then makes sense you ride half your meetings there, ironically I have seen berge ride owlerton once and he had a poor meeting that night!

still maintain that berge may be talented but has never reached the same levels of consistency as josh, he was signed at Belle Vue with everyone expecting him to score well there and didn’t really do it

11 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Are you sure what about Belle Vue do you think he is that far ahead of him  there I think not. Auty would pick him off there 6 times out of 10. Look I like Auty and am mega biase but  you are an embarrassment you hate him use your brain WELLS really!!!!!

At Sheffield yes Wells.. beats him more often than not and away from Sheffield theres no difference