British Speedway Forum

12 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Berge is toilet, he’s always been toilet 

3,0,0,1,0 is his usual, auty may not be the best rider but he’s been a consistent 7.5-8.5 rider in second tier for 8+ years now berge has never shown anything like that kind of consistency

Was talking about Wells... Berge at Sheffield is better than Auty 

6 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Was talking about Wells... Berge at Sheffield is better than Auty 

Apologies thought you were comparing berge to auty.

for what it’s worth don’t think there’s a lot of difference in wells and auty level tbh

2 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Apologies thought you were comparing berge to auty.

for what it’s worth don’t think there’s a lot of difference in wells and auty level tbh

Auty has been nowhere near the standard of Wells so a fair difference.

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Auty has been nowhere near the standard of Wells so a fair difference.

Really , Wells is a rider who was decent at the homer Wolves venue but NOW he Is not a prem rider.My take was did i think Auty and certainly Vissing NOW a better bet than Wells/T.Kurtz./ Berge.Berge is talented bloody frustrating and he will be fine at Owlerton but away Berge/Kurtz or maybe Wells won't scare to many.

34 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Really , Wells is a rider who was decent at the homer Wolves venue but NOW he Is not a prem rider.My take was did i think Auty and certainly Vissing NOW a better bet than Wells/T.Kurtz./ Berge.Berge is talented bloody frustrating and he will be fine at Owlerton but away Berge/Kurtz or maybe Wells won't scare to many.

The trouble with Auty is; and always has been his gating. He can get away with it in the Championship to a degree but in the Premiership; 9 times out of 10 he will be last into the first bend leaving him too much to do. 

Berge is the best of the mentioned riders at Owlerton by a fair distance, but probably the worst away. With the exception of last season, Wells is the most consistant on all types of tracks.

Lots of options for the final 2, wonder if someone not mentioned yet may get 1 of them.

Is Kurtz a 4 or 3.39? Seems to be an uncertainty of the averages of some riders.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yorkshiretyke said:

The trouble with Auty is; and always has been his gating. He can get away with it in the Championship to a degree but in the Premiership; 9 times out of 10 he will be last into the first bend leaving him too much to do. 

Berge is the best of the mentioned riders at Owlerton by a fair distance, but probably the worst away. With the exception of last season, Wells is the most consistant on all types of tracks.

Lots of options for the final 2, wonder if someone not mentioned yet may get 1 of them.

Is Kurtz a 4 or 3.39? Seems to be an uncertainty of the averages of some riders.

Totally agree Auty his Achilles heel has  always been his atrocious gating but what i see of Wells last year in the Prem he looked slow.Even away as an example only an example at Swindon, Perks, Vissing/ Rowe whoever ??? would i be worried about Berge/Wells/T.Kurtz  no. Sheffield i have always liked them going back to the valentine,Wilson,Paulson days great club great track after Swindon they are my next team in the prem

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Sid, I do remember you once telling me and everybody on this forum that Auty was a better rider than Howarth!

Wells, has no doubt gone backwards but, in general, he used to be competitive as a Premiership second string and at Swindon would pop out and win the odd race. The same cannot be said of Auty.

I’m not sure why you are always in Auty’s corner. Wells has slipped, most definitely, however, he still turned in a match winning performance from reserve against Swindon at Awalton not so long back.

Auty has never, ever done anything like that at Premiership level. I’d even have Stevie Wonder at reserve instead of Auty.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

Sid, I do remember you once telling me and everybody on this forum that Auty was a better rider than Howarth!

Wells, has no doubt gone backwards but, in general, he used to be competitive as a Premiership second string and at Swindon would pop out and win the odd race. The same cannot be said of Auty.

I’m not sure why you are always in Auty’s corner. Wells has slipped, most definitely, however, he still turned in a match winning performance from reserve against Swindon at Awalton not so long back.

Auty has never, ever done anything like that at Premiership level. I’d even have Stevie Wonder at reserve instead of Auty.

Birmingham the Year they kept the same side were terrific they should of been champions Auty did well that year or was he rubbish? Wells when i saw him in 2019  was atrocious slow god slow how anyone on any average now would consider him good luck.

Edited by Sidney the robin

44 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

How many British Finals has Howarth made against Auty ? don't forget Auty missed a couple? through injury.

8 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

How many British Finals has Howarth made against Auty ? don't forget Auty missed a couple? through injury.

Oh god this again!!! 

30 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Birmingham the Year they kept the same side were terrific they should of been champions Auty did well that year or was he rubbish? Wells when i saw him in 2019  was atrocious slow god slow how anyone on any average now would consider him good luck.

Wasnt that about 8 years ago? So Auty had one good top flight season 8 years ago so were ignoring all the time hes been awful in the top flight since.. theres a reason no one ever considers Auty

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Oh god this again!!! 

Wasnt that about 8 years ago? So Auty had one good top flight season 8 years ago so were ignoring all the time hes been awful in the top flight since.. theres a reason no one ever considers Auty

I knew  you would pipe up being  being a mega laugh you make me laugh you are a P?.....!!You tell me on British Final's appearances Auty,Howarth, who qualified on merit on every appearance is that simple anough for you are you capable ??? probably not.

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I grant you this year alone Wells was ridiculously awful and only just managed over a 7 point average for Edinburgh whilst Auty was higher on 7.61. So it’s a fair assumption that Auty has had a better season in 2019. However Wells has been a true number one at that level prior to this season and a dependable second string at top flight level.

Auty has been on paper a poor number one at championship level with an average around 7ish, occasionally 8.

As for next season I’d struggle to see any team taking a chance on Wells in the top flight unless the points limit dictates what they have available spare so I see the argument on what riders may be better option.

Wells may hit back next season with a solid 2nd tier campaign and I’d expect him to average more than Auty if he did.

Auty is what he is, a decent CL rider but a proven failure at top flight level. 

1 hour ago, theblueboy said:

Ironically Auty had a better CL season than Howarth this season! :rofl:

Howarth has been ahead for a while prior to that tho. But let’s not start over that debate again tho eh? :wink: