British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Does the 2.5% reduction apply to a 3.00 assessed rider in effect making him a 2.92 for team building?

That’s anyone’s guess. Last year riders with an average below 3 couldn’t ride in the top flight. 

Id imagine a 3 point average wouldn’t get a reduction if that stays the same. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

How many British Finals has Howarth made against Auty ? don't forget Auty missed a couple? through injury.

Both have made 5 appearances each

9 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I grant you this year alone Wells was ridiculously awful and only just managed over a 7 point average for Edinburgh whilst Auty was higher on 7.61. So it’s a fair assumption that Auty has had a better season in 2019. However Wells has been a true number one at that level prior to this season and a dependable second string at top flight level.

Auty has been on paper a poor number one at championship level with an average around 7ish, occasionally 8.

As for next season I’d struggle to see any team taking a chance on Wells in the top flight unless the points limit dictates what they have available spare so I see the argument on what riders may be better option.

Wells may hit back next season with a solid 2nd tier campaign and I’d expect him to average more than Auty if he did.

Auty is what he is, a decent CL rider but a proven failure at top flight level. 

Ironically Auty had a better CL season than Howarth this season! :rofl:

Howarth has been ahead for a while prior to that tho. But let’s not start over that debate again tho eh? :wink:

British Finals do your research Steve let me know ? Howarth has been ahead because he has been given chances certainly at monmore a real homer track more so than any other track in the country.Also in any Championship year Howarth has never been a number 1 averaging 8.80 / 9.00 a true number one Auty has at least give him credit for that.

Just now, Sidney the robin said:

Auty was injured for at least one.

Sid, you’re getting a bit Autystic.  :)

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

British Finals do your research Steve let me know ? Howarth has been ahead because he has been given chances certainly at monmore a real homer track more so than any other track in the country.Also in any Championship year Howarth has never been a number 1 averaging 8.80 / 9.00 a true number one Auty has at least give him credit for that.

What has British Finals got to do anything? You would have to be poor to not qualify for one these days.

Auty is older isn’t he so has more chance to qualify for more or gain a better average?

Auty hasn’t been that standard of a number one in years, not taking anything away from what he has achieved in the past however. 

41 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I knew  you would pipe up being  being a mega laugh you make me laugh you are a P?.....!!You tell me on British Final's appearances Auty,Howarth, who qualified on merit on every appearance is that simple anough for you are you capable ??? probably not.

I cant be assed to indulge a moron tonight you believe what you want to believe the rest of us will carry on laughing at you 

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Sid, you’re getting a bit Autystic.  :)

Your one to seven with Wells in it looks pretty sad  saying that you know better than Rosco .You need to take stock and say well --------  nothing.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Your one to seven with Wells in it looks pretty sad  saying that you know better than Rosco .You need to take stock and say well --------  nothing.

if only you took your own advice... isnt it amazing that the amazing Rosco has never considered Auty good enough but has done riders like Wells, Howarth etc... maybe he knows who is better 

8 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

I cant be assed to indulge a moron tonight you believe what you want to believe the rest of us will carry on laughing at you 

You are a Pr.. end of      myself listening to you give's me a laugh or to  you pipe up like a spot on the bum yet you have  f...  all to offer. Laugh see Phillipsr you will always have a laugh enjoy your night Saddo.

Edited by Sidney the robin

14 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Auty was injured for at least one.

And???......

Auty only got into last years final because I think Lambert was injured

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

You are a Pr.. end of      myself listening to you give's me a laugh or to  you pipe up like a spot on the bum yet you have  f...  all to offer. Laugh see Phillipsr you will always have a laugh enjoy your night Saddo.

Embarrassed again so resorts to personal insults, what is that makes you so angry? Old age? You started pissing the bed?? Cant get it up to satisfy the missus? What is it maybe we could help

• Like 1

Sometime ago I went through the same argument with Sidney regarding Kyle Howarth and Josh Auty.

I produced lots of facts and figures why I thought Kyle had done better with his career than Josh.

The only thing that he could come back on was one off British Finals.

After so long I realised that did matter what I said or what evidence I produced he was having none of it.

Eventually I decided like I always do in these situations to leave at that.

Maybe he should ask Rosco to sign him for Swindon, which would make Sidney's day.    

• Like 3

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 3:18 PM, Bagpuss said:

The fact Auty hasn’t ridden regularly in the top division for years speaks volumes. 

Can posters please shut up about Auty. He did well years ago at Birmingham, Sheffield & Redcar. He has, also, been used at Belle Vue & Leicester.

He has said it himself, HE IS NOT INTERESTED IN THE TOP LEAGUE! 

4 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Can posters please shut up about Auty. He did well years ago at Birmingham, Sheffield & Redcar. He has, also, been used at Belle Vue & Leicester.

He has said it himself, HE IS NOT INTERESTED IN THE TOP LEAGUE! 

More like the top league is not interested in him!

• Like 7