British Speedway Forum

Some doubt about how many points left available. If it is 6.91. Looked up some final averages for previous seasons, for riders not rode in GB since. Possibilities would include Woryna, Kasprazak, Hougaard, Huckenbeck.

Hougaard retired I thought.

Edited by Bagpuss

Team so far and their averages

Nicki Pedersen 8.61

Jack Holder 7.49

Josh Grajczonek 7.29

Kyle Howarth 5.72 (2.5% British Reduction) 5.58

Todd Kurtz 4.00

Ashley Morris 3.32 (2.5% British Reduction) 3.24

Total 36.21

Total points left 6.29

7 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Musielak would be a top signing but don't think it will be him,more likely Lawson or Allen .If we could get Allen then we could attract Scunthorpe fans.

Welcome to Sheffield, Ash Morris. Met him a few years ago in Cardiff and he came across as a really nice guy. Let’s get behind him.

Either Lawson or Allen would do very nicely to finish the team, especially considering they’d be our number 4 rider! Of the two I think Allen is perhaps more exciting to watch round Owlerton, but Lawson can fly round the place when he gates. I thought the promotion had a bit of a falling out with Lawson a couple of years ago, but I guess life’s too short to hold a grudge. Either way Sheffield are not going to fail through a lack of effort by the promotion. Thanks for giving us something to really look forward to next year. 

I see no reason why Kurtz average is not his converted figure. If 4.00 is the minimum for a foreign rider in 2nd tier then conversion rate should reflect it, do minimum in top tier for a non Brit should be 2.50.

Edited by Col
  • Haha 1

Think Todd Kurtz will be 3.39 as he'd been declared in the top league previously with Poole in 2012.

It's only 'new' foreign rider's to the league that have to be assessed 4.00 minimum and that's only for team building and re-declaration.

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Think Todd Kurtz will be 3.39 as he'd been declared in the top league previously with Poole in 2012.

It's only 'new' foreign rider's to the league that have to be assessed 4.00 minimum and that's only for team building and re-declaration.

How about Ricky Wells then? His PL end of season average was 3.66 but it is now shown as 4.

16 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Hougaard retired I thought.

he has correct 2 years ago lol 

55 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Hope it’s Musielak. Perfect signing.

forget that for sure 

On 12/3/2019 at 10:23 PM, spin king said:

Team so far and their averages

Nicki Pedersen 8.61

Jack Holder 7.49

Josh Grajczonek 7.29

Kyle Howarth 5.72 (2.5% British Reduction) 5.58

Todd Kurtz 4.00

Ashley Morris 3.32 (2.5% British Reduction) 3.24

Total 36.21

Total points left 6.29

Tigers team is looking good, just hope NIki P brings in the fans to pay his £5000 a meeting wages..!!!!

5 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Tigers team is looking good, just hope NIki P brings in the fans to pay his £5000 a meeting wages..!!!!

£4000

33 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

£4000

Phil, Yes but plus flights, hotel, mechanic etc etc it will be nearer £5000 a meeting and that will take some getting back especially in these days.!