British Speedway Forum

Definately mr showman and when he was on it he was superb to watch.  I think it was a bonus point run off with Jimmy Nilsen ,who was a hard rider and Roman reeled him in and got between Nilsen and the fence when there was hardly any room.This took Nilsen by surprise and everybody in the stadium .Absolutely amazing. R I P Roman.

4 hours ago, RS50 said:

Anything interesting said at last night's STAARS meeting?

Not really, short interviews with Ashley Morris and Peter Mole and confirmation that the first meeting will be Todd Kurtz's testimonial and the fixtures will be out soon 

11 hours ago, RS50 said:

Anything interesting said at last night's STAARS meeting?

Spin King bought a round...

• Like 2

Just read the following on Stratrax (stock cars) website.

Lots of work has been ongoing with a revamp of the Sheffield pits area to commence early March and we are in serious discussions about re -opening at least part of the back straight - We are developing Sheffiled in the coming years hopefully to become the jewel of the North and it has a much livelier fixture list in 2020 which will also feature Bangers & support formulae programme.

Interesting bit about the back straight.

So I read that as saying... “Sheffield speedway will be crap this year due to additional stock car and banger races resulting in the track being torn to shreds on a regular basis. There will also be an abundance of punctures.”

Hope that they enforce them tidying up after themselves a bit better than they have in previous years

38 minutes ago, Cue Ball said:

So I read that as saying... “Sheffield speedway will be crap this year due to additional stock car and banger races resulting in the track being torn to shreds on a regular basis. There will also be an abundance of punctures.”

Hope that they enforce them tidying up after themselves a bit better than they have in previous years

doubt it will be crap track !! because this year you have one of the finest track curator in the sport andy meredith who also does b/vue the finest track in england & possibly europe !! so don't panic sheffield's track will be better than its been for years looking forward to my visits this season :t::party::cheers:

Edited by geoff58
  • Like 2

Hmmm... past experience of how the track has been left unfortunately suggests that Jesus could be the track curator and it would still be a struggle to it anywhere near its best!!

28 minutes ago, Cue Ball said:

Hmmm... past experience of how the track has been left unfortunately suggests that Jesus could be the track curator and it would still be a struggle to it anywhere near its best!!

have faith it will be fine :t:

• Like 1

Fixtures now out. All Tigers home matches on Thursday. I wonder if this means that some Eurosport matches will be shown Thursday,'s.