British Speedway Forum

Good to see some TV news coverage of Speedway tonight, even though it was local (Look North BBC), covering Nicki Pedersens introduction to the fans at Owlerton last night.

This is what the man brings and it shows how important having riders like him in Britain is.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Steve55 said:

Good to see some TV news coverage of Speedway tonight, even though it was local (Look North BBC), covering Nicki Pedersens introduction to the fans at Owlerton last night.

This is what the man brings and it shows how important having riders like him in Britain is.

Beat me to it, how much does advertising on the TV cost, got that for free

• Like 1

On 1/23/2020 at 2:54 PM, Charlieboy said:

Speedway fixtures are never set in stone so I would expect there to be a few Monday’s for us for tv purposes 

Don't think they are even set in jelly nowadays. I can accept rain offs, but some of the other reasons are getting ridiculous.

I know my dad would love to go to Owlerton this season. Unfortunately he now relies on a wheelchair. I contacted the club last season to ask about disabled viewing areas but the information we received was not very helpful and the only suitable area appeared to be inside in the Panorama Bar.

Does anyone know if there is any area outside which is designated for wheelchair users ?

TIA

24 minutes ago, PJ29 said:

I know my dad would love to go to Owlerton this season. Unfortunately he now relies on a wheelchair. I contacted the club last season to ask about disabled viewing areas but the information we received was not very helpful and the only suitable area appeared to be inside in the Panorama Bar.

Does anyone know if there is any area outside which is designated for wheelchair users ?

TIA

i would imagine that is it, depending on the size of the crowd you might be able to see from the home straight and the third and fourth bends have steps to access them

the panorama room does have excellent viewing facilities and if you don't mind watching from the inside it should be no problem for you at all

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 10:41 PM, Charlieboy said:

Thoroughly enjoyed the evening with Nicki Pedersen comes across as a nice bloke off track. I think everybody there can’t wait for the season to start now. Told some good stories and said he can’t wait to get started. Well done Nicki and thanks for giving your time up to come across from Denmark to meet the fans. 

I thought he lived in Stevenage. Maybe that is just his base during the season.

Edited by foreverblue

1 hour ago, The Third Man said:

i would imagine that is it, depending on the size of the crowd you might be able to see from the home straight and the third and fourth bends have steps to access them

the panorama room does have excellent viewing facilities and if you don't mind watching from the inside it should be no problem for you at all

That's the problem really. Neither of us enjoyed watching from inside last season.It takes alot of the atmosphere out.

We were told by the staff to try the 3rd and 4th bend, which as you say has steps !!!

If the crowds are anything like what the promotion want for this coming season, then that will rule the home straight out too.

Seems strange that there isn't a designated area outside.

On 28 February 2020 at 11:40 AM, foreverblue said:

I thought he lived in Stevenage. Maybe that is just his base during the season.

He said he had flown in from Denmark and was stopping with steady for few days

23 hours ago, PJ29 said:

That's the problem really. Neither of us enjoyed watching from inside last season.It takes alot of the atmosphere out.

We were told by the staff to try the 3rd and 4th bend, which as you say has steps !!!

If the crowds are anything like what the promotion want for this coming season, then that will rule the home straight out too.

Seems strange that there isn't a designated area outside.

Whilst not ideal, it may be possible, if you are able to get there early enough to position yourselves at the front, to use the area in front of the new Corporate / Hospitality Suite (OEC).

From memory when I saw it a few weeks ago, I'd guess that the top of the wall that runs round the edge of the dog track is approx. at waist height, so someone in a wheelchair may be able to watch from there. Not ideal, but you'd be outside and wouldn't have anyone standing in front of you.

Obviously the provision of designated areas for wheelchair users is the responsibility of the stadium owners and not the Tigers so I'd imagine they're pretty much constrained by what the stadium offers.

• Like 1

There will be a designated area outside for wheelchair users arranged by the stadium as well as the facilities in the Panorama room and restaurant

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JulieR said:

There will be a designated area outside for wheelchair users arranged by the stadium as well as the facilities in the Panorama room and restaurant

On 2/28/2020 at 10:53 AM, The Third Man said:

Great. Thank you.

Just need someone who knows where it is and we'll be there.

• Like 1