British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

The F1 in march in Australia has been cancelled already . Its held in Melbourne where we have no active cases. So what chance have around 500-1000 people got of gathering at a third rate sport (as thats essentially what it is to joe public) in March in the UK? Where there are a huge amount of cases. 

It wont be happening. And the promoters know it so i dont see why they are pretending only to let fans down at the last minute. The season will be pushed back and back and before you know it will be October. 

yeah right ok be back to remind you of that !!

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

The F1 in march in Australia has been cancelled already . Its held in Melbourne where we have no active cases. So what chance have around 500-1000 people got of gathering at a third rate sport (as thats essentially what it is to joe public) in March in the UK? Where there are a huge amount of cases. 

It wont be happening. And the promoters know it so i dont see why they are pretending only to let fans down at the last minute. The season will be pushed back and back and before you know it will be October. 

I don't recall any official statements  suggesting a season start in March.

Easter was the target date in April this year but now the BSPL view is not til May at the earliest.

37 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I don't recall any official statements  suggesting a season start in March.

Easter was the target date in April this year but now the BSPL view is not til May at the earliest.

correct :t: to many grim reapers around !!

5 hours ago, mikebv said:

I can see 'some' racing happening around September or October...

The 'high risk' categories will have all hopefully been vaccinated by then twice (if all goes to plan)..

And many of those age groups covered will form the majority of most Speedway crowds I would think so maybe if restrictions allow (as they will still be in place I would think until everyone has the jab), then maybe some individual and/or made up team events could take place in front of a 1000 or so?

With the SON in Manchester in October actually happening too..

That's what they said last year and we are still waiting! Manchester always seems to be in the highest tier in the tier system. 

4 hours ago, geoff58 said:

if you read the proper BSPA statements nothing is starting until may now :rofl:

Nothing will be starting in May either btw..

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Nothing will be starting in May either btw..

well not a poole !! in same situation as swindon !! btw another grim reaper must be a southern thing :rofl: speedway will start by may for sure :t:

3 hours ago, geoff58 said:

correct :t: to many grim reapers around !!

Realistic more like. Witty has said the hospitals will be under pressure until March, and you think speedway will be able to start 8 weeks later? Not a chance, esp when they won't race behind closed doors. July at the earliest for me, and even that is very optimistic!

1 minute ago, geoff58 said:

well not a poole !! in same situation as swindon !! btw another grim reaper must be a southern thing :rofl: speedway will start by may for sure :t:

More likely to start in Poole before Manchester! Seeing as Manchester has been in a lockdown tier system since last June acc to Andy Burnham!

Realistic more like. Witty has said the hospitals will be under pressure until March, and you think speedway will be able to start 8 weeks later? Not a chance, esp when they won't race behind closed doors. July at the earliest for me, and even that is very optimistic!

ok doctor !! you know best :rofl: let's see when the time comes :nono: until then i will keep posistive thanks !!

More likely to start in Poole before Manchester! Seeing as Manchester has been in a lockdown tier system since last June acc to Andy Burnham!

we don't listen to that prick for sure !!  do you not remember the 3 meetings at NSS last year :party:

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

you worry about what stadia uk are going to do down at poole before bothering about glorious manchester & the NSS :t:

3 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

ok doctor !! you know best :rofl: let's see when the time comes :nono: until then i will keep posistive thanks !!

I am quoting someone in the medical profession, so you know... and July is being positive! If I wasn't being positive, I would have said not until next year. May is like believing in fairies, you'll never see it happening!

2 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

we don't listen to that prick for sure !!  do you not remember the 3 meetings at NSS last year :party:

Those three meetings when the lockdown restrictions were a lot lower than the current ones?:rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

you worry about what stadia uk are going to do down at poole before bothering about glorious manchester & the NSS :t:

They will have to buy it off the council first. Not sure they could afford it if they can't afford to keep the greyhounds running?

Oh and I haven't mentioned the NSS

Edited by lisa-colette

23 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

They will have to buy it off the council first. Not sure they could afford it if they can't afford to keep the greyhounds running?

Oh and I haven't mentioned the NSS

don't know much about b/vue do you :rofl: greyhounds was in a different stadium 500 yards away ironically owned by stadia uk which is now being demolished very ironic i think to some other staduims !! under the new management we have now our relationship is fine hence holding FIM meetings