British Speedway Forum

45 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Even if riding in 3 Leagues were allowed, the Thompsons riding in 3 Leagues and different PL teams would be a logistical nightmare/impossibility. 

There would be no clashes between  PL and CL due to race days so they would have to ride for their NL team as and when fixtures allowed. I feel they are going to learn more and progress quicker in the top two leagues. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Even if riding in 3 Leagues were allowed, the Thompsons riding in 3 Leagues and different PL teams would be a logistical nightmare/impossibility. 

Could be a problem getting to matches, as they may well not have driving licenses when the season starts. 

1 hour ago, Moranboys said:

Just off topic,does anybody think that we have a realistic chance of seeing racing again this year,I hate looking on the gloomy side but this pandemic is relentless and it's going to be a while before most of the population is vaccinated,certainly well beyond may,and are we going to have to have proof that we have had the vaccine to be able to enter stadia,events etc.glastonbury already cancelled and more festivals will be I guess and that wasn't while June!......just a thought.

Vaccine being rolled out. Last I heard, 5.3 million received it, and plans to speed it up further. I am hopeful. 

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

There would be no clashes between  PL and CL due to race days so they would have to ride for their NL team as and when fixtures allowed. I feel they are going to learn more and progress quicker in the top two leagues. 

So Leicester NL could have to find 2 guests? Sheffield @ Wolves on a Monday, Ipswich v KL on TV the same day? How do they get to their respective meetings? As I said, a logistical nightmare.

Genuine question - Are the 'rising stars' allowed to double up/down in the top 2 leagues?

34 minutes ago, Gambo said:

So Leicester NL could have to find 2 guests? Sheffield @ Wolves on a Monday, Ipswich v KL on TV the same day? How do they get to their respective meetings? As I said, a logistical nightmare.

Not sure in their logistical situation but there must be a way of solving these issues if they are serious about their speedway careers. Yes it would mean guests for the Leicester NL team but if two of their young riders are racing in meetings which are going to accelerate their development I think they would see the bigger picture. NL gabs will no doubt jump up and down at that suggestion but we need to be testing our best young riders as often as possible both here and abroad. 

If the twins do step up to Premiership it will only be if riders of similar Standard such as Palin,Gilkes,Flint,Edwards etc do as well.

Logistics can be sorted out as PL shouldn’t clash with NL apart from possibly a Kent fixture and the Thompson family have a good support network around them with each one having their own dedicated mechanics who are all very experienced right up to GP standard so being at different tracks I do not see being an issue for them especially if Sheffield and Peterborough as both home tracks are less than 1hr 30mins away from home 

Edited by flagrag

No news at all about National League, is there actually going to be one ?

Will PL continue with the PL Academy idea and therefore take a lot of NDL Riders?  

2 hours ago, RS50 said:

Vaccine being rolled out. Last I heard, 5.3 million received it, and plans to speed it up further. I am hopeful. 

Yes,I understand that,but there are still a lot to go with everyone still to have a second and vaccines starting to hit short supplies,I really hope that you being hopefull works....

5 hours ago, RS50 said:

Todays press release shows 5.86 million people have now received the first vaccine.

4 hours ago, HGould said:

No news at all about National League, is there actually going to be one ?

Will PL continue with the PL Academy idea and therefore take a lot of NDL Riders?  

If Plymouth move up to replace Somerset then that will leave just 2 stand alone NL clubs.

8 hours ago, Moranboys said:

Just off topic,does anybody think that we have a realistic chance of seeing racing again this year,I hate looking on the gloomy side but this pandemic is relentless and it's going to be a while before most of the population is vaccinated,certainly well beyond may,and are we going to have to have proof that we have had the vaccine to be able to enter stadia,events etc.glastonbury already cancelled and more festivals will be I guess and that wasn't while June!......just a thought.

Not a chance. What we are witnessing is the systematic obliteration of national cultures in favour of a globalist totalitarian regime. Anyone who still believes that the hardships of the last twelve months are in any way connected to a "pandemic" is deluding himself. "Three weeks to flatten the sombrero" has turned into nearly 12 months with still no visible way out of the strait-jacket. As I've said before in this and other forums, there is no intention that we will EVER return to life pre-2020.The present government regime is no longer a democracy:  Boris and co. have built a "government of occupation," ruling by ministerial edict, having completely circumvented the democratic parliamentary process.

The whole charade of wearing masks, having to stay indoors, not meeting with family and giving up jobs and businesses has nothing whatever to do with a killer virus: it is a strategy driven by the government's behavioural psychologists to break the human spirit, de-construct the British sense of community and make us entirely reliant upon the state for our livelihoods. Mark my words: in March or April (just when the population believes the lockdown is about to be eased and Speedway can resume), bumbling Boris and his psychopathic chum Matt Hancock will announce the arrival of a new and deadlier strain of the virus from China and the whole process will start again.

You should contribute far more on the COVID thread in general discussions :D 

1 hour ago, 4thbender said:

Not a chance. What we are witnessing is the systematic obliteration of national cultures in favour of a globalist totalitarian regime. Anyone who still believes that the hardships of the last twelve months are in any way connected to a "pandemic" is deluding himself. "Three weeks to flatten the sombrero" has turned into nearly 12 months with still no visible way out of the strait-jacket. As I've said before in this and other forums, there is no intention that we will EVER return to life pre-2020.The present government regime is no longer a democracy:  Boris and co. have built a "government of occupation," ruling by ministerial edict, having completely circumvented the democratic parliamentary process.

The whole charade of wearing masks, having to stay indoors, not meeting with family and giving up jobs and businesses has nothing whatever to do with a killer virus: it is a strategy driven by the government's behavioural psychologists to break the human spirit, de-construct the British sense of community and make us entirely reliant upon the state for our livelihoods. Mark my words: in March or April (just when the population believes the lockdown is about to be eased and Speedway can resume), bumbling Boris and his psychopathic chum Matt Hancock will announce the arrival of a new and deadlier strain of the virus from China and the whole process will start again.

Unless this is supposed to be funny, which it isn’t, then your coming across as a right bell end .

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Unless this is supposed to be funny, which it isn’t, then your coming across as a right bell end .

Coming from Sunderland, I expect you're familiar with the technique of playing the man and not the ball. So, given that I'm a bell end, let's get back to playing the ball. Which bit of my contribution do you disagree with and why?

• Like 1