British Speedway Forum

Am looking forward to seeing Josh, lets hope he can have a trouble free season.

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Very quiet on here - wouldve thought there would be some delight at the Bates announcement

Perhaps it's just that you're embarrassed he is even an option...........:)

Good signing in my opinion and I don't think we've seen the best from Josh as yet,if he can stay injury free.nice to see you back lad.

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Very quiet on here - wouldve thought there would be some delight at the Bates announcement

How can you say 'embarrassed' when James Shanes and Nathan Greaves were included on the same list!

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Or maybe just quietly confident. We should be very strong at numbers 1, 5 and 7, and I reckon Kyle will do a decent job at whatever number he gets. 

We are all expecting Josh to be a top reserve but how is it going to work? IF Josh was to win heats 2+8 and gets 2 third places =8 if he does this regular he attains 8 point average so does he move into possibly heat leader role or are the 1-4 rated riders stopping at reserve all season?  When we did a similar thing with Drew Kemp we only benefited for a couple of meetings and I don’t think he got the chance to drop back to reserve where would have benefited later in the season. 

Not only as above,,,think he goes into main team. Also if his average gets to high, he will likely put himself out of a Prem job for next season. 

Sheffield will certainly be one of the favourites for the title going by the team so far. 

2 hours ago, Steve55 said:

How can you say 'embarrassed' when James Shanes and Nathan Greaves were included on the same list!

Good attempt at deflection :) They could hardly not be on the list given Josh is could they!!

Meanwhile the the template for the criteria has been found in the BSPL meeting room waste paper basket....... its the Josh Bates speedway career bio ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

No perfectly happy.

Josh fitted the criteria for this season Rising Star programme.

The criteria set out by BSP or maybe Management Committee.

Both which would include not only Sheffield Promoter Damien Bates but Ipswich Promoter Chris Louis.

3 hours ago, Steve55 said:

Yes they should be on the list imo Bates shouldn't be.It wouldn't surprise me if a few things were nudged one way or another so he fitted in with the criteria.As you can see he scrapes in on most of it.I mean the age thing is a joke imo,normally the age would start from the start of the season wouldn't it.

48 minutes ago, spin king said:

No perfectly happy.

Both which would include not only Sheffield Promoter Damien Bates but Ipswich Promoter Chris Louis.

More deflection :rolleyes:

Dont worry Chris will know my thoughts on the subject when I next have the chance to speak with him

Bloody ridiculous that Josh Bates is in the list & the people who made the criteria that has him in the group are not speedway people. Another reason why the draft previously failed as it was so ridiculous as well. I have no axe to grind as my team aren’t running this season but any fan who isn’t a Sheffield fan will not agree that Josh is included in a this criteria screw up.

Obvious signing as soon as the rising stars were announced. Long as Bates can stay injury free he'll be one of the best at 7. Be interesting to see how the rest of the team shapes up.

Edited by spin king junior

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Meanwhile the the template for the criteria has been found in the BSPL meeting room waste paper basket....... its the Josh Bates speedway career bio ;)

That's pretty funny lol!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spin king said:

No perfectly happy.

You sure you’re not a Poole fan? It stinks and you damn well know it

• Like 4

Im glad the Sheffield promotion were the only ones deciding who the rising stars were. Would've been a shame if those other pesky promoters would've gotten in the way.

Also great to see its not just the Sheffield fans that are absolutely thrilled to bits to see Josh sign on as our rising star :)

• Like 1