British Speedway Forum

there sounds like a lot of jealousy on here over our signing of josh, and i dont think he should of been included on the rising star list, but somehow he was,and hes now in our 7, so let the moaners moan cos it sounds like we have em all worried.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, romans lovechild said:

there sounds like a lot of jealousy on here over our signing of josh, and i dont think he should of been included on the rising star list, but somehow he was,and hes now in our 7, so let the moaners moan cos it sounds like we have em all worried.

Trouble is its only a matter of time before he punches a brick wall and misses half the season with a broken hand...;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, romans lovechild said:

Not jealousy at all. Bates should be a PL rider in 2021 just not as a rising star. He is experienced and talented enough to have a place in the main body (certainly No6 at least) of any of the teams this coming season

The fact that he was included on the list is just a continuation of all that has plagued speedway in terms of self interest and manipulation for too long now

Worry doesnt come into it as victory is close to meaningless anyway so good luck to you if you win the league as your victory will be hollower that a cheap non brand Eater egg :P

• Like 5

And so we come to speedways second biggest issue, fans that bury their heads in the sand, as long as its their team that benefit. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

And so we come to speedways second biggest issue, fans that bury their heads in the sand, as long as its their team that benefit. 

Honestly,  don't even pretend you'd have the same reaction if this was to benefit Ipswich. Do I think Josh Bates should be a rising star? Probably not, but thats not my decision nor is it yours. Its down to the promoters and for whatever reason they've decided Bates should be apart of that list. 

So if you've got a gripe with the list or the requirement to be a "rising star" don't just bury your head in the sand and pretend its a Sheffield problem. Your promoter had some say in the list as did every other promoter in the league.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

Honestly,  don't even pretend you'd have the same reaction if this was to benefit Ipswich. 

I can’t and won’t speak for Baldyman or anyone else for that matter, but personally speaking, I would have EXACTLY the same opinion as I do now if it benefited Ipswich and would be on here stating my displeasure. 

Not everyone is the same obviously!

• Like 2

Me to,,,,, I want our sport to be credible, and not the laughing stock it always seems to end up being. And anyone that knows me, knows I will always question my promotion when I think something dodgy may be going on. 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, spin king junior said:

Honestly,  don't even pretend you'd have the same reaction if this was to benefit Ipswich. Do I think Josh Bates should be a rising star? Probably not, but thats not my decision nor is it yours. Its down to the promoters and for whatever reason they've decided Bates should be apart of that list. 

So if you've got a gripe with the list or the requirement to be a "rising star" don't just bury your head in the sand and pretend its a Sheffield problem. Your promoter had some say in the list as did every other promoter in the league.

Why do you and I assume your old man? Keep coming out with the “it’s not my decision nor yours” crap? We’re not bloody stupid we know it’s not our decision! But we’re allowed to to give our opinions on an absurd criteria that is blatantly bent around a Particular rider which smacks in the face of an originally excellent idea put forward.  

You know it’s a load of sh!te, so does the other “Spin” King so don’t hide behind the “it’s not our decision” nonsense whilst secretly smirking to yourselves that you got one up on the competition. Pathetic. 

I hope you win jack sh!t. 

Edited by Steve Irving
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

Why do you and I assume your old man? Keep coming out with the “it’s not my decision nor yours” crap? We’re not bloody stupid we know it’s not our decision! But we’re allowed to to give our opinions on an absurd criteria that is blatantly bent around a Particular rider which smacks in the face of an originally excellent idea put forward.  

You know it’s a load of sh!te, so does the other “Spin King” so don’t hide behind the “it’s not our decision” nonsense whilst secretly smirking to yourselves that you got one up on the competition. Pathetic. 

I hope you win jack sh!t. 

Oi Less of the old, spinny is dead self conscious about his age. 

I suppose main point im trying to make is a lotta people on here are making out as if its a Sheffield decision when its a collective effort between everyone who runs the sport.

And I could be completely wrong but imo I reckon if this was your team or club you probably wouldn't be crying about it just as much.

But thats just my 2 cents on the matter.

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

Championship promoters aren’t allowed to vote on premiership matters therefore you are incorrect regarding other promoters in the league. Basically if Buster agreed then decision made!

4 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Championship promoters aren’t allowed to vote on premiership matters therefore you are incorrect regarding other promoters in the league. Basically if Buster agreed then decision made!

And rightfully so. But there's 5 other clubs in the premiership who did vote on the matter and a majority must have agreed to at least let Josh be apart of that list. 

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

It’s known as the Poole Syndrome :D 

58 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I can’t and won’t speak for Baldyman or anyone else for that matter, but personally speaking, I would have EXACTLY the same opinion as I do now if it benefited Ipswich and would be on here stating my displeasure. 

Not everyone is the same obviously!

Me too. Would be pretty annoyed and embarrassed if Lynn signed Bates or Bacon or some of the others on the list. 

I’ve no specific gripe with Sheffield directly but more with the decision making promoters collectively who have turned a great idea into a dogs dinner. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

And rightfully so. But there's 5 other clubs in the premiership who did vote on the matter and a majority must have agreed to at least let Josh be apart of that list. 

That’s 5 clubs but Buster owns 2 ( or is it still 3 of them ? ) and he bought those clubs to keep the premiership going so he isn’t going to upset the Bates as he still wants to keep it going.

We all know the scheme was ‘widened’ to keep certain people happy, just another case of ‘ best interests of the sport ‘ .

It was and is a good idea but very badly mis managed.

19 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

That’s 5 clubs but Buster owns 2 ( or is it still 3 of them ? ) and he bought those clubs to keep the premiership going so he isn’t going to upset the Bates as he still wants to keep it going.

We all know the scheme was ‘widened’ to keep certain people happy, just another case of ‘ best interests of the sport ‘ .

It was and is a good idea but very badly mis managed.

It was never 3. The intention was there initially, but ultimately he never owned Ipswich. 

Buster owns Kings Lynn and Peterborough. 

• Like 2

An absolute farce of a system in my opinion. Bates has been around far too long to be even considered in a system like this but isn't his Dad or Uncle part of the BSPA? Say no more.

What could of been a superb program for British Speedway now has been made to look a laughing stock. And who the hell came up with the name "Rising Star"? Dear god.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1