British Speedway Forum

24 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

That’s 5 clubs but Buster owns 2 ( or is it still 3 of them ? ) and he bought those clubs to keep the premiership going so he isn’t going to upset the Bates as he still wants to keep it going.

We all know the scheme was ‘widened’ to keep certain people happy, just another case of ‘ best interests of the sport ‘ .

It was and is a good idea but very badly mis managed.

So Buster owns 2 clubs and out of the interest of the sport he'd purposely strengthen another team just to keep them happy?

Like... I can understand people being miffed but Jesus 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spin king junior said:

So Buster owns 2 clubs and out of the interest of the sport he'd purposely strengthen another team just to keep them happy?

Like... I can understand people being miffed but Jesus 

So ‘ in the interests of the sport ‘ throw the rule book out of the window and do what you want.

oh hang on ?.....

I love the sport but even I , after 50 plus years of following it, am embarrassed to try to explain to a non speedway person how a rider can ride for 2 teams ( and sometimes 3 ) and a man who is in his mid twenties and ridden for several seasons is classed as a ‘ young rising star’ to get him a team place at his uncles club . Then add so and so belongs to that club but he has to go and ride for a rival club because they picked him first!

These are just example ps of many idiotic decisions made by the people in charge lately.

1 hour ago, Ringitsneck said:

So ‘ in the interests of the sport ‘ throw the rule book out of the window and do what you want.

oh hang on ?.....

I love the sport but even I , after 50 plus years of following it, am embarrassed to try to explain to a non speedway person how a rider can ride for 2 teams ( and sometimes 3 ) and a man who is in his mid twenties and ridden for several seasons is classed as a ‘ young rising star’ to get him a team place at his uncles club . Then add so and so belongs to that club but he has to go and ride for a rival club because they picked him first!

These are just example ps of many idiotic decisions made by the people in charge lately.

Just curious, but when did your non speedway person ask you those questions? :)

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Baldyman said:

And so we come to speedways second biggest issue, fans that bury their heads in the sand, as long as its their team that benefit. 

How did Ipswich get Drew Kemp when they were 5th in line to choose a rider. Surely, other teams should have made a move.

10 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

How did Ipswich get Drew Kemp when they were 5th in line to choose a rider. Surely, other teams should have made a move.

The old gentleman's agreement maybe...;)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blupanther said:

So, with Sheffield having first choice as the new boys & final 2019 standings, in reverse order, being the other, another rule made up that makes our beloved sport a joke to others. (although footballs offside & VAR take some beating).

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Yep,you scratch my back and i'll scratch yours.That's how it's gone on for too many years.Certainly need an independent body that won't favour anyone and just do good for the sport.

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Yep,you scratch my back and i'll scratch yours.That's how it's gone on for too many years.Certainly need an independent body that won't favour anyone and just do good for the sport.

And on it goes...:D

"Please take us seriously"...

I would think that given some clubs were saying that they wanted to keep their same riders from 2020 it would be inevitable that some 'carving up' needed to be done to ensure everyone got what they wanted...

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

So, with Sheffield having first choice as the new boys & final 2019 standings, in reverse order, being the other, another rule made up that makes our beloved sport a joke to others. (although footballs offside & VAR take some beating).

Isn't that the rule they use in America for their draft system,  not sure they are classed world wide as a joke

• Like 1

Where has it been said there was a pick order?

• Like 1

he was a protected asset to Ipswich as "their" rider, if the Witches didn't want to use him he was available to others.

Same as Belle Vue had 1st pick on Palin.....

Sheffield with Bates....

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I was wondering the same thing!

17 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I was wondering the same thing!

19 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It was on the British Speedway Official Website when all 6 riders were announced but I can not find it now as it has been removed or edited.

31 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

It was on the British Speedway Official Website when all 6 riders were announced but I can not find it now as it has been removed or edited.

Cant have been on there for long - I certainly didnt see it. If it was then the fact it has been removed would suggest it isnt true.......